Minecraft Refuses to Launch Following October 5th Performance Update - Error 0x803f8001

Discus and support Minecraft Refuses to Launch Following October 5th Performance Update - Error 0x803f8001 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I am on an Xbox One X. I updated Minecraft a few days ago without issue. I did not uninstall the game while it was updating or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by II Sivad II, Oct 14, 2022.

1. II Sivad II
    II Sivad II Guest

Minecraft Refuses to Launch Following October 5th Performance Update - Error 0x803f8001

Good afternoon,

I am on an Xbox One X. I updated Minecraft a few days ago without issue. I did not uninstall the game while it was updating or otherwise interrupt the update process. I am aware of the article on the performance update located here. Once the update process was successfully completed, when I attempted to launch Minecraft I received Error 0x803f8001. In an attempt to resolve this error message, I completed the following recommended steps suggested by support articles and support personnel:

1. Power cycled and reset my console
    2. Unplugged my console from power entirely for 5 minutes and reset
    3. Reset my router
    4. Removed my Microsoft Account from the Xbox and re-added it
    5. Uninstalled Minecraft and Reinstalled it (notably, the game does not appear in My Games & Apps after the update…I have to navigate to Minecraft in the MS Store, which tells me “You Own This,” and allows me to reinstall)
    6. Performed a factory reset of my console

None of these actions have resolved this issue, and I still receive Error 0x803f8001 every time I attempt to start the game. I have owned the game on this account for many years. No other game or app has any issues; it is only Minecraft that is affected.

I believe this is some sort of strange technical issue where the MS Store no longer thinks I own the product for purposes of launching it for some reason. If this is a known issue, please let me know, and I will simply await a patch. However, I have not seen anyone else describing this issue in my searching online, and thus wanted to be 100% certain it was not something on my end.

Thank you.

:)

II Sivad II, Oct 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this II.

This can be a bit odd, but may I know if you tried to install Minecraft remotely using the xbox.com website?

https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft/9MVX...

If maybe that doesn't work, can you try using a different wifi network just to see if the issue persists?
    If possible you can try sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot. Connect your console and try in that way
  3. II Sivad II Win User

Hi, this can be a bit odd.
    But try changing your language and location to English (US) - United States (or English UK - United Kingdom) and try again once restarted the console
    Josef,

Thank you. This finally resolved the issue.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, this can be a bit odd.
    But try changing your language and location to English (US) - United States (or English UK - United Kingdom) and try again once restarted the console
  5. II Sivad II Win User

Thank you for the reply, Josef.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue.

I installed Minecraft via the Xbox Store as you suggested on a completely different wifi network to a completely different console.

The game installs and updates without issue, but upon attempting to launch I am still met with an 0x803f8001 error.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

can't start downloaded game

Thema:

1. Minecraft Refuses to Launch Following October 5th Performance Update - Error 0x803f8001 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Refuses Launch

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  4. How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button: Hello, I have been having this problem for two days now. When I create a minecraft World (bedrock edition on windows 11), it just disappears the next day. I have read previous threads and watched...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. Im trying to play minecraft and there is error connection refused no further information

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to play minecraft and there is error connection refused no further information: When trying to connect to a minecraft server that my friends normaly can play i cant, it doest even show this server as online, even if it is. I already tried changing dns, setting up windows...
  8. Minecraft bedrock is refusing to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock is refusing to install: Minecraft bedrock is simply refusing to install via the launcher. I've tried signing out and signing back in as well as restarting my computer and reinstalling game services....
  9. Minecraft refuses to log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft refuses to log in: Today I woke up and wanted to play some games turned my pc on clicked minecraft launcher icon and started waiting minecraft launcher took 2 minutes to get past loading screen and then I got these...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Refuses to install from Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Refuses to install from Minecraft Launcher: I have tried a lot of youtube fixes, fixes that I've had work in the past among other things here and I can't get it to work at all. It all started last night when I un-installed bedrock edition...