minecraft permissions not updating

Discus and support minecraft permissions not updating in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; can someone help me, my minecraft multiplayer permissions are not updating. i have recently turned them off because i thought i had gotten hacked, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nicolas Christensen, May 26, 2023.

1. minecraft permissions not updating

can someone help me, my minecraft multiplayer permissions are not updating. i have recently turned them off because i thought i had gotten hacked, and after determining that i had not been hacked, i re-enabled them, but minecraft does not seem to be updating them.

here are some screenshots of the problem:

minecraft permissions not updating [​IMG]

:)

Nicolas Christensen, May 26, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben a fellow member in the community and hope you are doing well!

When you tried changing your privacy settings, did you notice if your account was somehow added or a member of a family group? Normally if an account is detected as a child, a parent or admin account would be needed to remove the restrictions on the account.

Please try to check as well via https://account.microsoft.com/family page to see if you are member of any family group. If there are no groups listed, try to use a different browser next and access your "Privacy & online safety" settings again at https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Settings/Home

Feel free to post back here with the result and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer further assistance if there are still problems.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. Nicolas Christensen Win User

i have tried restarting my computer and logging out/logging back in
  4. pasqualeeno Win User

I cannot login to minecraft pe

Hi!

I think you need to allow storage permission for Minecraft PE:

System settings > Apps > Select Minecraft > Go into permissions and allow storage permissions.

I hope it helps :)

Regards
  5. kr1sdi Win User

Minecraft Java/MacOS. : "chat not allowed by account settings" error on multiplayer servers

Hi,

this is not the problem. The problem is the restrictive privacy settings in the Xbox account. Additionally it turned out that the servers were out of sync. Thus the permissions displayed on one device when logged in, such as a MacBook, where different to the permissions shown on a Windows computer when logged in.

After going through the process of logging in and logging out and setting the permissions differently each time, and then ensuring that these positions updated correctly, we were able to use the chat option in Minecraft.

Summary: The problem is Microsoft Xbox account settings, and not Minecraft.

Perhaps Microsoft ought to stay away from well run companies instead of ruining them.
  6. TalisenMahaney Win User

account permission

I have already done that to resolve a permission issue with minecraft several weeks ago, I only encounter this permission issue with my xbox account, not the overarching microsoft account.
Thema:

1. minecraft permissions not updating - Similar Threads - minecraft permissions updating

2. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  3. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  4. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  5. Minecraft Login Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Login Issue: I'm trying to log in to Minecraft and it gives the error code 0x8019001 Please help b7851136-d8b8-4ff8-b587-ad86581eab46
  6. How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can i play minecraft with friends on xbox 360?: I know that xbox live gold now is game pass core, but i want to be sure that when i will redeem game pass core code i would be able to play online. be780707-f773-462d-b006-4b52ef2c6e44
  7. my Xbox Gamertag was changed without my permission when i was playing minecraft. I value my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox Gamertag was changed without my permission when i was playing minecraft. I value my...: they keep saying no and i wont stop intill i get my old one back. if any body can help contact me here: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  8. I can’t access the Realms chat in Minecraft because I need permission yet I am an adult and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t access the Realms chat in Minecraft because I need permission yet I am an adult and...: I can’t access the Realms chat in Minecraft because I need permission yet I am an adult and have never been in a Microsoft family or had parental controls set. e614226c-b90b-4880-9e80-6d13180f8e0e
  9. Minecraft Download with Admin Permissions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Download with Admin Permissions: I've been trying to install Minecraft on my school laptop but it always asks for admin permissions using their password, which I do not have. How can I download it without this popping up?...
  10. Parent permission on Minecraft problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parent permission on Minecraft problem: I want to buy Minecraft and it asks me to send parent permission question to a parent, I click the button and it says waiting for a response. The problem is that my parents say they don't receive...