Minecraft on PS5 tells me my Microsoft account is linked to another PSN account

Discus and support Minecraft on PS5 tells me my Microsoft account is linked to another PSN account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Obviously, my Microsoft account is NOT linked to any other PSN account. Mojang is playing **** bingo with me posting the same stock replies about "it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thraex Aquator, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Minecraft on PS5 tells me my Microsoft account is linked to another PSN account

Obviously, my Microsoft account is NOT linked to any other PSN account. Mojang is playing **** bingo with me posting the same stock replies about "it can't be changed" over and over again. How on Earth is legal for Mojang to held hostage a PSN account they have nothing to do with? I am pretty sure that would not hold on a court. But that is another scenario, I am certain it is NOT linked.

Sony don't have anything about this, as they have nothing to do with it.

Microsoft (a small garage company, not sure you heard about them) can not afford a ticketing system, so they can't be contacted with this issue.

Yet, there are hundreds out there having the same thing since Bedrock arrived to the PS.

Unfortunately the delete data trick does not work, tried multiple times.

I find it outrageous, that these companies are grabbing your money, and giving nothing in return, they play dumb, like the problem does not exist.

I am sure that Microsoft Family stuff is broken with Mohjang, and the moment my son started to use Minecraft on the PS5 with HIS PSN account, it broke Mojang's system and made my account (as a parent) unusable. And sure as hell they are perfectly aware what is going on.

They are straight up lying, covering up, and violating what the PS+ subscription promises you: your family can access online gaming. Well, it can not. Conveniently enough, Sony does not know anything about that data, Mojang refuses to understand what is going on (playing dumb) and Microsoft simply takes the money, but can not be reached.

Anyone has any idea what can be done? It is insane they can pull of things like this without any consequences.

I want to access the content I am paying for!

:)

Thraex Aquator, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Denszeal Win User

Minecraft and PSN account association

Hi Josef, I’m having the same issue however this is the first time I’ve got minecraft on any PlayStation, I’ve tried logging in to Minecraft on PS5 and it gives me the same message, there is only my account on my PS5 yet it says my Microsoft account is already linked to another PSN account, I do not have minecraft on PS4. I attempted to use a different Microsoft account but all I got was a signing in screen for 10 minutes so gave up.

(Edit: just installed minecraft on my ps4 with the same PSN account and also says the Microsoft account is linked to a different PSN account but Nintendo switch works fine so seems to be an issue with PlayStation minecraft)
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Account linking is handled on Sony, or any other company's side, so you'll have to contact them. All fo this exists on their servers and not MS, who merely provides authentication
  4. Thraex Aquator Win User

Obviously not. Sony does not link anything to anything, this is a Mojang thing, or a Microsoft thing.

Technicaly, Mojang grabs my PSN id, and uses it to check if I am able to play online, and handle the funds and stuff like that.

This is exactly the **** that drives me insane, everyone is pointing to the other. Here is the thing: I am opening a Mojang game, that directs me to a Microsoft site to authenticate. Sony only provides my PSN id in this game, and I tend to believe that, being a software developer for 25 years now.

Strange enough, the same thing does not happening with the Nintendo Switch (cross-platform connection and login is very, very buggy though)

IF the Microsoft account is already linked to a different PSN account, as Minecraft error states, I MUST have a way to SEE this link somewhere in my Microsoft account. This is not the case, as, of course it is not linked. The previous versions actually displayed the linked account, but conveniently this is removed from the error message.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

i cant log with any account that i own in my ps5, it says “oops this account is allready connected” “log with your previous logged account” help

You cannot see on the Microsoft website if you linked your PSN account to it or not.

Have you ever played Minecraft on your or a friend's Playstation?

Or maybe have a friend ever played Minecraft on your Playstation?

I ask because maybe your Microsoft account is not linked to any PSN account, but the PSN account on your PS5 is already linked to other Microsoft account - which makes it impossible for you to sign in and link your current Microsoft account to it.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Ps5 Minecraft login

Hello Cam H, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties when trying to log into Minecraft on your PS5. You may be being redirected to the Xbox login site due to the integration of Microsoft accounts in Minecraft for various platforms.

Link your Microsoft account with your PlayStation Network (PSN) account Once you've created a Microsoft account, be sure to link it to your PSN account in your PS5 console settings. This can be done in the "Accounts" or "Account Settings" section of the console. By linking your Microsoft account and your PSN account, you should be able to access multiplayer features and find friends in Minecraft.

Make sure you enter your Microsoft sign-in credentials correctly when trying to sign in to Minecraft on your PS5. Verify that your email address and password are correct.

Make sure you have the latest version of Minecraft installed on your PS5. Game updates often fix bugs and login issues. Check for available updates for Minecraft and install them if necessary.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Minecraft on PS5 tells me my Microsoft account is linked to another PSN account - Similar Threads - Minecraft PS5 tells

2. Help with Minecraft login on ps5?

in XBoX on Windows
    Help with Minecraft login on ps5?: Logged in fine and played on the ps4. Now on the ps5 when I try and log in, minecraft logs me in then tls me I'm already connected to another account. I only have the one Microsoft account....
  3. I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't log into my ps5 account on minecraft: When I try to log in using the two options for my account presented on my playstation for minecraft, my Microsoft automatically connects me to my Xbox profile instead of my playstation account...
  4. Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft won't let me log in on my ps5 ?: I was able to before but after an update it's saying use a different account with a namr to it but this is the account I was using is there any way to take it off of the device and put it back on...
  5. Minecraft Multiplayer Settings on PS5

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Multiplayer Settings on PS5: I Kept looking into Other People’s Questions with The Same Question. They All get an Answer to Go To a Xbox Account But I Simply dont Have on Because i Play On PS5. Can anyone Give Me Advise For...
  6. minecraft ps5 logging in issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft ps5 logging in issue: when i try play minecraft with my friends on xbox ( i am on ps5) it wont let me log into my microsoft account as after i type my email amd password it asks for the code on my device after i type...
  7. Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC: My kid has a Minecraft Gamer Tag on PS5. But, when we set up their Minecraft on PC it made us make them a new gamertag. Now they don’t have access to any of their owned stuff. How do I fix this?...
  8. Can’t sign in to Minecraft on my ps5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign in to Minecraft on my ps5: I have many accounts and I can’t sign into Microsoft on any of those accounts on Minecraft it just says that there are all ready connected to a play station network...
  9. Why do I have to re-link my Microsoft account, Minecraft on ps5?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I have to re-link my Microsoft account, Minecraft on ps5?: I'm having an issue where every time I turn on my ps5 and load Minecraft I have to re-link my Microsoft account. It's been this way since about 6 months after I got the system, and was never an...
  10. I Got Banned On Xbox And I Can’t Play Cross Play On My PS5 In Minecraft Cause It’s Telling...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Got Banned On Xbox And I Can’t Play Cross Play On My PS5 In Minecraft Cause It’s Telling...: [img] [img] Any Help Is Appreciated d61ba538-5e3e-47d9-91b3-61130ef3893f