Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account

Discus and support Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Short question that I'm struggling to find the answer to. I bought Minecraft for PC and installed it on my laptop using my own MS account. My child... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Eoin Maguire, May 21, 2023.

1. Eoin Maguire
    Eoin Maguire Guest

Short question that I'm struggling to find the answer to. I bought Minecraft for PC and installed it on my laptop using my own MS account. My child plays it through my account. I want to transfer or give my child access to the game through their own account on the laptop. This is to facilitate family restrictions on gaming time etc.

I've read this is possible, sharing games etc. But how do I do this?

So people seem to suggest this is easy through sharing but I can't see how. Other people say I'll need to get a refund from Mojang / MS and re-buy the game through my Childs account which seems a bit nuts to me.

:)

Eoin Maguire, May 21, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes and no

You can download it using the primary account holder.And play it on the sub account

You have to sign into the account on the xbox app to download the game

As long as they are signed into your pc on their own profile then theie progress is theirs
  3. Eoin Maguire Win User

Thanks - just want to get this straight. Firstly, want to confirm your advice is for playing on Windows? MS terms confuse me cause they sometimes use 'xbox' in the context of windows. We do not own an Xbox, so this is purely windows I'm talking about.

If I understand correctly I should do the following:

1) In my (the parent) account I download and install the game.(this is already done)

2) Child signs into their account on the laptop and can then play it from there.

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work, in the Childs account I can't see any Minecraft install.

BTW - when we're talking about 'accounts' here are we talking about Windows accounts (i.e. for logging into the PC) or MS / Mojang accounts?

Thanks!
  4. ngocphi Win User

After you have downloaded the game with the Main Owner of the PC. Log into Childs account or other account where you want the game

1. Find the download, or type in the search box Sea.
    2. Right click Open File Location.
    3. Click and drag the game onto desktop onto the Users screen that you want to have play.
    If it's via gamepass.use this

• Head over to the Microsoft Family management page at account.microsoft.com/family, and invite your family members to the group. Once they have accepted the invite, proceed to the next step. Alternatively, you can set up Family Accounts on Windows 11/10 via the Settings app.
    • Open the Microsoft Store.
    • Select the profile icon on the top right.
    • Sign in with the Microsoft account that owns the Game Pass subscription (should be active).
    [​IMG]

• Next, open the Xbox app.
    • Select the profile icon on the top right.
    • Sign in with the account of your family member with which you want to share the Game Pass subscription.
    • You will now get a notification bar in the Xbox app stating Your Microsoft Store account is different from your Xbox account.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox play anywhere HELP!

The standard sharing features apply to Xbox Play anywhere, which means, if the Xbox console you're playing on is that family member's "Home Console", then you can play it.

If you want to play it on a PC, it's a bit more complicated.

The family member has to make sure, you are a member of the family on
    https://account.microsoft.com/family

Also, the family member has to have an account on the PC you want to play the game on.

Then you will have to sign in with your own account on your PC and have the family member sign in with their family account on the Windows Store app under your account.

There they can then download and install the Play Anywhere game that you want to play which is on their own account.

The process on how to
    share games and apps within your family on Windows 10 is explained here
  6. FreakRoach Win User

Recently played game that I don't have?

Are you sharing your PC with someone else in your family, or sharing your account? If not, then please change your password ASAP.
Thema:

1. Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account - Similar Threads - Minecraft sharing changing

2. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  3. Minecraft purchase sharing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft purchase sharing: Some time ago, I downloaded some content for Minecraft for my children. At the time, they simply played on my account. I have since set them up with separate Microsoft accounts and they all play...
  4. I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...: I feel really sorry for this and now I know that was wrong and I don't really know what should i do 4f1d5b2b-e588-4b53-b900-4ff6de71156d
  5. Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?: Hello! I want to get Minecraft for my son for his birthday, but I want to make sure I can properly set up parental controls on the game for online safety. I purchased the Java+Bedrock Edition on...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Family Share issue: Hello, so I’m trying to do family sharing of Minecraft Bedrock Edition with my girlfriend on her own laptop. I added her to the family, connected her device, downloaded Minecraft Launcher from...
  7. 2 Xbox sharing Minecraft maps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 Xbox sharing Minecraft maps: I’ve been an Xbox gamer since day one of the original brick Xbox. I now own an Xbox series X. My kids are finally old enough to enjoy an Xbox as well and I’ve spent around 200 dollars on Minecraft...
  8. I want to buy Minecraft and share it with another member of the MS family group, who uses a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy Minecraft and share it with another member of the MS family group, who uses a...: I want to buy Minecraft and share it with this member. He is another organizer, and he uses a mac. Is it possible for him to get it off the website doing this? I want it like this: I will buy it...
  9. Minecraft Share game or gift to child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Share game or gift to child: Hi, I have xbox one, I have set up two child account for it. I would like the two children to be able to play Minecraft on the xbox console together Is it better to buy Minecraft myself as the...
  10. Minecraft Java Edition how to share it with my child

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition how to share it with my child: I have had Minecraft Java Edititon and I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft account about 1 month ago. How can I share it with my child (he is already in my family group)? I found answer...