Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to...

Discus and support Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I already migrated my mojang account to microsoft (or so I think?). I still get emails to migrate! When I follow the email and the steps, all... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stelzerfrieda, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to...

Hello,

I already migrated my mojang account to microsoft (or so I think?). I still get emails to migrate! When I follow the email and the steps, all that happens is that I land on my microsoft user page.

Now the launcher tells me minecraft cannot be played on my device (laptop, windows 8.1) anymore, despite running just fine last year (was using my mojang account, still). I also still had the Java edition and wanted to change it to Bedrock, but the shop tells me I need to buy it? But I already own minecraft??

I did download the launcher for windows 7/8. I did reinstall the launcher, also.

What can I do?

Thank you.

:)

Stelzerfrieda, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Stelzerfrieda Win User

Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to microsoft account?

Hi Josef!

Also, if you try to sign in with the Mojang account option in the Minecraft website. Are you able to do it or you see a message telling that your account has already been migrated?
    It tells me to migrate. I tried it again after doing it at least three times before. Now it worked. OH MAN!!! Sorry.

Well, thanks for your time!!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to microsoft account?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this STELZERFRIEDA

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

If you go to Minecraft.net and sign in with the Microsoft account used to migrate the account. Are you able to see Java as owned?

Also, if you try to sign in with the Mojang account option in the Minecraft website. Are you able to do it or you see a message telling that your account has already been migrated?

And, if you have access to a PC with Windows 10 or 11. Once you install the launcher, are you able to sign in and play properly with your account?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, I’m glad to know that everything is working now!

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  5. John Carpio1 Win User

My Minecraft Game(Migrated Account from Mojang) got hacked. I know all the details.

Thank you for your help Kathy A. I did migrate my Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account(This Account that I am writing on). But I don't know what the Hacker did to have Minecraft Java Edition disappear on this account, but have it playable on another device. As far as I know it's not possible for the Minecraft Game to switch Microsoft Accounts once I already migrated it.
  6. Jean Marais Win User

Microsoft account does not have minecraft anymore.

Originally I bought the game with a mojang account (This was back in 2016 I think)

I then changed the email for the mojang account.

then with the migration, I migrated it to my current microsoft account that is not related to any of the previous emails.

The migration was successful and I was able to play game.

I stopped playing for a while, but after trying to log in with the same microsoft account that worked previously, minecraft was not there anymore.

Since I bought it with a mojang account, there is no record of a purchase/transaction.
Thema:

Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to...

1. Minecraft "not playable on this device" anymore after (apparent) migration from mojang to... - Similar Threads - Minecraft playable device

2. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  3. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  4. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  5. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  6. My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB

in XBoX on Windows
    My download of Minecraft 1.20.4 keep getting stuck at 59.82MB: When i try to doenload a version of minecraft, it keep getting stuck at 59.82MB , my friends guve me a vode and when i try to do it, it keep getting stuck there, plss help...
  7. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  8. Minecraft multiplayer on my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft multiplayer on my account: Hi there, I would REALLY appreciate some help resolving this, my sons are getting very frustrated with my complete lack of knowledge in this area! Baysically, they have different computers, one...
  9. Why isn't the regular Minecraft playable even with the separate Preview build?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't the regular Minecraft playable even with the separate Preview build?: Hello. I am having problems with launching the regular version of Minecraft. I have a preview version that is separate from the main game, but ever since I got it, I wasn't able to play the main...
  10. Minecraft Java and bedrock edition isnt playable even after redeeming the code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java and bedrock edition isnt playable even after redeeming the code: I received the code from a friend, redeemded it and got the email that says that I bought it. However, when I want to play it only shows me the base game/free version. I have had multiple email...