Minecraft needs old Microsoft account

Discus and support Minecraft needs old Microsoft account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son is playing mindcraft but wants to connect to other players.. apparently he needs to log into a Microsoft account that he registered with in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zoey lea hateley, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Minecraft needs old Microsoft account

My son is playing mindcraft but wants to connect to other players.. apparently he needs to log into a Microsoft account that he registered with in the beginning and can’t change this.. unfortunately it’s really old and we cannot remember the password.. we have tried to reset it but Microsoft keeps saying not enough information to verify so we’re stuck .. has anyone got any ideas or can help?… it’s a ps4 not Xbox

:)

zoey lea hateley, Dec 16, 2022
  2. iTsFx Win User

I was having problems with my account so I signed in with a new Microsoft account now I can't get back onto my old one on minecraft. I am on ps5.

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

If you signed in with a new Microsoft account on your PS5, you will not be able to access your old Minecraft account that was linked to your previous Microsoft account.

To access your old Minecraft account, you will need to sign in to your PS5 with your old Microsoft account credentials. If you cannot remember your password, you can try to reset it using the Microsoft Account Recovery page.

If you are still unable to access your old Minecraft account, you may need to contact Minecraft support for further assistance. They may be able to help you recover your account or link your new Microsoft account to your old Minecraft account.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Zoey, in these cases of account transfer you should contact Mojang support, however in your case as your child does not have access to the account that was previously linked, it is unlikely that Mojang will be able to help you.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

The ideal would be to retrieve this account beforehand to gain access to it.

Minecraft Support

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/ne...
  4. zoey lea hateley Win User

Can we just delete it and buy it again using his new email?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Minecraft Login dosen't work for Win7

Hi,

I take it you haven't played Minecraft for a while on this old Windows PC?

If you're attempting to log-in with your old Mojang account I'm afraid that it's no longer possible to do this. You need to sign in with a Microsoft account to continue to play Minecraft Java. This became mandatory from 10 March 2022.

Indeed, the message at the bottom of your screenshot advising you of this.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft migration

That's normal, you can't access the old Mojang account after the migration, you need to use the email you used to migrate the Mojang account to, in the launcher you need to select Minecraft Java and then Microsoft login and then use the email you use during the migration process
Thema:

1. Minecraft needs old Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Minecraft needs old

2. Minecraft realm need people to join

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft realm need people to join: if you would like to join our bedrock realm just join the following code xbox only pls join _Lw6g6JskNg submitted by /u/Jdog_playz8520 [link] [comments]
  3. I need help playing Minecraft online again

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help playing Minecraft online again: I've been playing Minecraft online on my Xbox for years and it's had no problem but when I got a monthly game pass and it ended Minecraft just said something like "you can't play online because...
  4. New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...: [img] I lost my pc which has minecraft installed which i purchased in 2021. Now I want to install the same product in the new laptop. In order history even though I can see the purchase, I cannot...
  5. Minecraft bedrock edition I need help to unlink my old Microsoft account from PlayStation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock edition I need help to unlink my old Microsoft account from PlayStation: [img] This is my problem i use to play Minecraft in the ps4 account sfeliciano82 with the linked Microsoft account John1206 that i had from Xbox 360 , one day i decided to log out the account in...
  6. Minecraft Java edition.... over 10 years old.... need to migrate to MS, but it apparently...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java edition.... over 10 years old.... need to migrate to MS, but it apparently...: I have a legitimate Mojang Minecraft java login and PW. I have a legitimate MS login and PW. They are not connected. It will not let me migrate. I do not know what email I used for the original...
  7. Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new...: Windows died and won't boot on my 4 year old laptop, I had a copy of Minecraft Bedrock on it. Since I cannot get windows to boot anymore I bought another laptop. Do I have to pay for Minecraft...
  8. On minecraft. My world synced to a 4 month old version of its self, and i really need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On minecraft. My world synced to a 4 month old version of its self, and i really need help: Hello. so i have this world i have been playing on for months, and i have sunk hours into it. A while back i went to my cousins house when my world was just beginning, and i synced the data from...
  9. Shy 14 yr Old Need Friends To Play Minecraft With (No Teenagers Unless Your Nice)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shy 14 yr Old Need Friends To Play Minecraft With (No Teenagers Unless Your Nice): HI im 14 years old and I got minecraft on xbox I have no one to play minecraft. I have a mic but I am a shy person. If you wanna play with me my GT:HIGHxIMxJOCELYN I just want to play with...
  10. Why does a 4 year old need an email account to play minecraft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does a 4 year old need an email account to play minecraft?: Seriously, I just want my kids to be able to play minecraft and not have to change the control settings every time. They don't need email and seventeen passwords. And what's with all the stupid...