Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out even after changing all recommended settings

Discus and support Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out even after changing all recommended settings in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've changed everything that the knowledge base said to change regarding security settings, xbox settings, parental settings but the multiplayer on... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jim Ergle, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Jim Ergle
    Jim Ergle Guest

I've changed everything that the knowledge base said to change regarding security settings, xbox settings, parental settings but the multiplayer on Minecraft is still greyed out. Any idea what else I can do?

*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox on Windows ***

:)

Jim Ergle, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Jim Ergle,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi Jim Ergle

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having trouble multiplying on Minecraft.

Since you've mentioned that you have done all fixes and still the problem persists, we would recommend you check on this article.

• Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

If you have also done all of the suggested steps and still no resolution, we highly suggest contacting Minecraft support and create a ticket.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

Hello Rodrigo,

There is no option In Enable Minecraft in the app

Is there way I can try fix this?
  5. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out

Hi Brandon! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the error message, it appears the system has detected that your account is a child account. Your account needs to be in a family group as a family member in order to fix the issue.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older. Even if you change the date of birth, the system will still follow the original date of birth registered when the account is created.

Note: The solution to this issue may take a lot of steps.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child/main account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer", and your child/main account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account to your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult account according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

"Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved."

Then check if you're able to play Minecraft multiplayer on your main account. It may take at least 24 hours to make sure the changes will be applied.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  6. Haris Šabotić Win User

Minecraft multiplayer greyed out

No, this is my account, I have set my age to be 24 years(05. dec. 2000)
Thema:

1. Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out even after changing all recommended settings - Similar Threads - Minecraft Multiplayer greyed

2. Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer: So im trying to join my moms family so i can play minecraft multi player but it wont let me leave my family because it said im one of the family members but it says im also the family owner how do...
  3. How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to change settings for multiplayer Minecraft on ps4: I can’t play multiplayer on Minecraft it says it’s because of my settings for my Microsoft account. However, I can’t change them since I can’t connect my PS4 as a device in the family sharing app....
  4. I can't join multiplayer in Minecraft on Switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't join multiplayer in Minecraft on Switch: I'm trying to play Minecraft with my friends on Switch, but I can't join multiplayer because it says my account is not set up for multiplayer. When I follow the links that it tells me to it says I...
  5. Multiplayer Minecraft Server Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer Minecraft Server Keeps Crashing: For the last couple of weeks my Minecraft server will crash after a few minutes of playing on my friends server. My wifi connection is fine and stable, as is my friends but whenever a lag occurs...
  6. Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...: I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have tried changing my family role to organiser,...
  7. Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java addition multiplayer greyed out: Hello, My son just got a new computer and we installed minecraft (java and bedrock edition) on it. He is able to play multiplayer on the bedrock edition, but the java edition has the button...
  8. Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer greyed out: PLEASE HELP ME, THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT MINECRAFT. I'm on a pc and I have allowed all the options for multiplayer, and yet my multiplayer button is still greyed out and with the same message;...
  9. I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got minecraft today, and I was trying to play multiplayer, but the button is greyed out...: I don't know why it's greyed out. I've already gone and checked that multiplayer, and other buttons are allowed. I even blocked it and allowed it again, but the button was still grey without a...
  10. Multiplayer greyed out - Minecraft Java

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Multiplayer greyed out - Minecraft Java: Trying to get my kid's minecraft account set up so she can connect with the rest of the family via local server. I've set up her account exactly the same as my son's, but the multiplayer options...