(Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore

Discus and support (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A little while ago I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and everything seemed to be fine. Time passes and I'm on a trip using my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by conpsd, Dec 2, 2021.

1. conpsd
    conpsd Guest

(Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore

A little while ago I migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and everything seemed to be fine. Time passes and I'm on a trip using my laptop to try and play some Minecraft. When I opened the launcher, it informed me of the new launcher and asked me to download it, so I did. I tried to login to the launcher, but it said I didn't own the game anymore. I logged out and tried to use my old Mojang credentials, but it said that account didn't exist anymore. My account is logged out on both launchers on my laptop, but I only have the original launcher on my PC, and I'm still logged in there. Any idea as to what the problem could be?

:)

conpsd, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

3. conpsd Win User

That’s the first thing I did. They told me to contact Microsoft, and Microsoft led me here.
  4. conpsd Win User

Hi there welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Had a similar problem, follow these steps !

If you have any other Launcher on your computer other than the one found on Mojang's official website you must first do the following:
    1 - Delete the Launchers that exist on your computer that are not official Mojang;
    2 - Restart your computer;
    3 - Download the original software again and install:
    https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download

If you don't have another Launcher on your computer or have already deleted:
    1 - Open Minecraft Laucher;
    2 - If you are already logged in, click on your image and Gamertag in the upper left corner of the screen and then on "Logout";
    3 - If you are already logged out or not logged in to your account, delete all accounts registered in Launcher by clicking on the "X" next to each account;
    4 - In Minecraft Launcher, enter the email and password of your Microsoft account!
    Sadly this didn't help. The problem I think is according to my account, I don't own Minecraft at all anymore, even though I do
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there conpsd welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Had a similar problem, follow these steps !

If you have any other Launcher on your computer other than the one found on Mojang's official website you must first do the following:

1 - Delete the Launchers that exist on your computer that are not official Mojang;

2 - Restart your computer;

3 - Download the original software again and install:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download

If you don't have another Launcher on your computer or have already deleted:

1 - Open Minecraft Laucher;

2 - If you are already logged in, click on your image and Gamertag in the upper left corner of the screen and then on "Logout";

3 - If you are already logged out or not logged in to your account, delete all accounts registered in Launcher by clicking on the "X" next to each account;

4 - In Minecraft Launcher, enter the email and password of your Microsoft account!
  6. HarveyWhitehurst Win User

Minecraft launcher saying I don't own Minecraft Java edition even though I have for years.

I have this exact same issue. Even though I migrated my account, it seems to think I don't own Minecraft. I can play Minecraft on the old launcher (logged into my Microsoft account) as it seems to recognise that I own the game there. Its only the new launcher that is having the issue and the Mojang website.

If you still have the old launcher installed maybe give it a go as it still works for me.
Thema:

1. (Minecraft) Mojang Account Migration Issues. Launcher Says I Don't Own Game Anymore - Similar Threads - Minecraft Mojang Account

2. Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.: I bought minecraft back in 2010 when it was in beta. At that time, I had a login and a password. There was an email address attached to the account, but it wasn't part of the login. I play on and...
  3. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  4. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  5. I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.: I missed the chance to migrate my account to a Microsoft. And I cannot follow the post-migration steps because I forgot the password. I tired using the "forgot password" link in the minecraft...
  6. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  7. How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...: I cannot login into my Mojang account due to forgetting the security questions. I want to migrate my account and cant do it. 3e01294b-2efc-4687-8092-ed4c8564285b
  8. My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.: I have three Minecraft accounts. All three were made by me before the merge and I merged them when the time came. However, now that I've come back to the game I discovered that only one merged...
  9. Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account: So when I'm going through the migration process on minecrafts homepage it gives me the error that my mojang account is ineligible for migration, without giving any further explanation. Does...
  10. How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?: I couldnt find a proper category for this, but minecraft mojang support told me to go to microsoft support regarding migration problems. After migrating my mojang account to my microsoft account,...