(Minecraft) Mojang account migration issue - lost vinculation of account and minecraft purchase

Discus and support (Minecraft) Mojang account migration issue - lost vinculation of account and minecraft purchase in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Today i decided to migrate accounts from mojang to microsoft, but a very unexpected and weird error is happening and is really stressing me out. Now, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Gabriel Mourao, May 7, 2022.

1. (Minecraft) Mojang account migration issue - lost vinculation of account and minecraft purchase

Today i decided to migrate accounts from mojang to microsoft, but a very unexpected and weird error is happening and is really stressing me out. Now, i know what most would think from this issue: this is an error on the launcher: log off and add a new microsoft account. But that's pretty much what i've done, and weirdly enough it even recognizes my current minecraft username (totally_obama). But it still says i don't have Minecraft purchases.

I actually went to the Minecraft site to confirm this, trying to enter with the mojang account says that "either the account is wrong or the account was migrated to microsoft", meaning that the migration was sucessful (i tried with a different password and it doesn't mention the migration part, just that either email or password are wrong). So with the testing out of the way i entered with the Microsoft. Sucess. But guess what i see next? Both minecraft Java and Bedrock are not purchased. None of them are. My java account should be somewhere around 9+ years old and it should obviously be linked with the minecraft purchase right? But both the launcher and a third party launcher (i use multimc) recognizes both my name and skin, buth they also say the same thing: this account does not possess Java Minecraft. I'm really confused about what happened. Did i screw somewhere along the migration part? Or was it just technical issue. Please come with a follow-up if it was either or something else. I'm really worried with the account

:)

Gabriel Mourao, May 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

(Minecraft) Mojang account migration issue - lost vinculation of account and minecraft purchase

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today, Gabriel

It seems that right now there is an outage for Xbox Live services due to lot of players are contacting us regarding the same.

The best option for now is try waiting couple minutes or 1 hour to see if the outage finally can be fixed (this is an estimated time, there is not ETA yet)

You can double check status page here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  3. JurajMoudrĂ˝ Win User

Hello đź‘‹

I am sorry, I do not have the answer I am here to find out what to do, because I have the exact same problem. Microsoft at its best once again. Love this company...
  4. JurajMoudrĂ˝ Win User

I actually had the exact same problem with MultiMC. It was not working until now. When I popped into Microsoft Store it gave me 2 options - "Play" and "Get". I did not know what "Get" meant exactly, so I did not want to press it (just in case), but at this point, I did not care, so I just pressed it and now minecraft is apparently in my possession again :) Microsoft is really funny company
  5. Gabriel Mourao Win User

Actually to my surprise the account is now working? I don't know if it is the same for you but i think it just takes time. I had uninstalled the minecraft launcher, and while i was telling my discord friends that i probably couldn't play today, i went to take a screenshot of the minecraft website telling me both Java and Bedrock were not on my possession, and to my surprise - the minecraft Java edition "purchase" green button had vanished, and below the game were the options to change skin and profile name, just like it previously was before i had this whole ordeal here.

I redowloaded minecraft launcher again (since minecraft java was allegedly mine again) logged in and... it was still only allowing me to play the demo. I exited the session, logged in again and... still only play demo. But after like 3 seconds it switched back to normal - the option to play was finally available instead of "play demo". I logged in on MultiMC and it smoothly opened a minecraft tab.

I think the servers just take time to process it all... Still, if that was the case a warning for the possibility of that happening was more than needed. The panic i had when this whole thing took place... i bet you didn't face a too different of a scenerio. Oh do give a reply when you can to know if that was the case or if it is something else. You can see if the bug got fixed just by checking the minecraft website and seeing if your minecraft purchase (whether Java or Bedrock) got an update and doesn't have the "purchase" option on it anymore

Edit - Even though the problem on my end has been fixed, since the fix for this problem hasn't been found yet, for those that are facing a similiar issue, i'll leave this as unfixed until then
  6. Francia J. Win User

Minecraft Migration - loss of bedrock edition?

That’s odd because if this is the Minecraft for Windows it will be purchased through Microsoft Store. The Minecraft that can be purchased through Mojang is Minecraft Java Edition.

Kindly make sure that you’re signed in under the account where the Mojang account was migrated. Please try other Microsoft accounts as well.
Thema:

1. (Minecraft) Mojang account migration issue - lost vinculation of account and minecraft purchase - Similar Threads - Minecraft Mojang account

2. Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft account stopped working. Mojang support stopped responding.: I bought minecraft back in 2010 when it was in beta. At that time, I had a login and a password. There was an email address attached to the account, but it wasn't part of the login. I play on and...
  3. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  4. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  5. I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my minecraft (JAVA Edition) mojang account.: I missed the chance to migrate my account to a Microsoft. And I cannot follow the post-migration steps because I forgot the password. I tired using the "forgot password" link in the minecraft...
  6. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  7. How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...: I cannot login into my Mojang account due to forgetting the security questions. I want to migrate my account and cant do it. 3e01294b-2efc-4687-8092-ed4c8564285b
  8. My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.: I have three Minecraft accounts. All three were made by me before the merge and I merged them when the time came. However, now that I've come back to the game I discovered that only one merged...
  9. Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't migratem minecraft (mojang) account to this microsoft account: So when I'm going through the migration process on minecrafts homepage it gives me the error that my mojang account is ineligible for migration, without giving any further explanation. Does...
  10. How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?: I couldnt find a proper category for this, but minecraft mojang support told me to go to microsoft support regarding migration problems. After migrating my mojang account to my microsoft account,...