Minecraft "Lost connection to server" when joining game

Discus and support Minecraft "Lost connection to server" when joining game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So my friend has this world we've played on for about a year and I've never really had a problem joining it, but after this most recent update... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheTKGalaxy, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TheTKGalaxy
    TheTKGalaxy Guest

So my friend has this world we've played on for about a year and I've never really had a problem joining it, but after this most recent update everytime I try to join his game or he tries to join mine or just says "Connection to the server was lost". Very
    frustrating, any fixes?

:)

TheTKGalaxy, Sep 4, 2017
  2. ripper rita
    ripper rita Guest
    minecraft

I am trying to play minecraft saved game but keeps telling me connection to server lost what the hell but only on this saved game help

ripper rita, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Sick of this problem

After joining a game play i play a map go back into lobby then when loading second map it won't load just spinning circle with picture of next map in background after waiting several minutes just pops up lost connection to server

Il YogiBear lI, Sep 4, 2017
  4. Minecraft "Lost connection to server" when joining game

This is likely related to the user having a different client then yours, it happened to me as well after updating until my friend updated their client. I would ensure both you and the person you are joining have the same versions installed. What versions
    are you both playing?

ONEEYEDKILLAh, Sep 7, 2017
  5. TheTKGalaxy
    TheTKGalaxy Guest
    I believe we have the same client? We both have updated the game to the most recent update that Xbox has pushed out, not sure where to find the update tag. It hasn't been out too long so to my knowledge we're both up to date. We're going to try to uninstall
    and reinstall and see if they changes anything.

TheTKGalaxy, Nov 2, 2018
  6. TheTKGalaxy Win User

This is likely related to the user having a different client then yours, it happened to me as well after updating until my friend updated their client. I would ensure both you and the person you are joining have the same versions installed. What versions
    are you both playing?
    I believe we have the same client? We both have updated the game to the most recent update that Xbox has pushed out, not sure where to find the update tag. It hasn't been out too long so to my knowledge we're both up to date. We're going to try to uninstall
    and reinstall and see if they changes anything.
  7. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

are you both playing?
  8. Marcusphone7 Win User

Are the Minecraft Xbox 360 Mini Game servers still functional?

Update: Microsoft's Minecraft support team didn't help much. To test this out, my and my friend set up a public mini game server, with my friend making a public Battle server. I joined from the "Join" tab, and it came up with the annoying "The connection to the server was lost. Exiting to main menu" error. My friend then disabled the option "Public Game." Then, if you join from the "Friends" tab it works just fine,
  9. AlexanderGerits Win User

Cannot connect to other parties and games

Yep, I configured the router exectaly as in this example. Still it refuses to join the minecraft game (both HD conenctions) of our friend. I seems to connect and then it says "Lost connection to the server" (playing wow here with almost no latency so the
    network seems ok). Need some more tips or solutions. Anyone?
  10. kyle_m4496 Win User

Minecraft bedrock to Java server

Hi Jon. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Minecraft Java does not require Xbox Game Pass, are you trying to connect to a specific Minecraft server?

What happens when you try to join the server? Provide screenshots of any errors or messages you see.

Have you tried connecting to any other servers?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Minecraft "Lost connection to server" when joining game - Similar Threads - Minecraft Lost connection

2. Minecraft Account Lost After Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Account Lost After Migration: I migrated my Minecraft account on January 2, 2022; I know this because I have the confirmation email for it. When I try to sign in to Minecraft.net with that email through Microsoft, it said my...
  3. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  4. Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft closed my account, Lost java edition of minecraft: Please explain. Why was my account closed? No reason was given. How do I get my license to minecraft reactivated? 9fe36f72-bda4-4a86-b57a-e9503df6daed
  5. Ancient, Lost Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ancient, Lost Minecraft Account: I'm writing about an ancient account I had all the way back in 2014. I couldn't change the email, the password -- heck, even the skin -- due to me being a 9-year-old at the time and promptly...
  6. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  7. I lost my access to my Minecraft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my access to my Minecraft Account: I migrated my account around a year ago to my Microsoft account, and I could use Minecraft my Java Edition just fine with my account. I then replaced my PC and had to redownload all my apps after...
  8. Lost Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Minecraft: Has anyone else had Minecraft taken from the when they got it for free back when it first came out.me and my friends did and I’m the only one who has lost it from switching consoles. I was...
  9. (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection"

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection": I'm on Windows 11 and I have two friends playing in one world, one is on a PS4 and the other one is in a Xbox One, but I can't play with them, I load in the world, play for like 3 minutes and it...
  10. “Detected Lost Connection” Error whenever I play Minecraft with my sister

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “Detected Lost Connection” Error whenever I play Minecraft with my sister: My sister and I tried playing Minecraft cross-platform today and it’s not going too well. I used iPad/Mobile and she uses PC Windows 11. She can join me alright, but then the game freezes and says...