Minecraft Login Failure - Microsoft Account

Discus and support Minecraft Login Failure - Microsoft Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Oct 9, 2021, 9:11 PM PDT I reinstalled Windows 10 because everytime I get a Microsoft update it breaks my mic where no one could hear me; I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NightingaleZK, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Minecraft Login Failure - Microsoft Account

Oct 9, 2021, 9:11 PM PDT I reinstalled Windows 10 because everytime I get a Microsoft update it breaks my mic where no one could hear me; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, checking all sound settings, checking sound permissions, checking extensions and levels within the devices, updating all my software, but it came down to me needing to completely reinstall Windows 10 and go through a lot of unnecessary steps because Microsoft updates just for whatever reason like to break things and not fix things.

I have bought two Minecraft accounts: I have an account under Yahoo and another under Gmail. I have used both for years, and recently performed the "Migrating to Microsoft" for Minecraft on my Yahoo account.

When I try to sign into my Mojang account using my Gmail account, it gives me the error message of "Invalid email address or password. Forgot your password?"

When I try to sign into Technic Launcher using my Gmail account (which is my primary account I use the most), I am no longer able to do so.

When I try to sign into Technic Launcher via Mojang, the Technic Launcher doesn't respond.

When I try to sign into Technic Launcher via Microsoft, the Technic Launcher prompts a verification sign-in on my google Chrome which is successful, but then when I look back at the Technic Launcher I get a popup saying I haven't bought Minecraft on this account.

When I attempt to request a password reset, I don't get any email sent to my Gmail account

This account was hacked a year or so back and I had to wait 6 months before I had my account returned to me, and I didn't even receive a notification for that either. I have done all I can to make sure my stuff is protected, haven't had a problems since. All my devices notify me if there is any unregistered attempts of logging into my accounts.

I have sent Minecraft Support the same message that's being sent to this forum post, and they said

"Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out! New Minecraft: Java Edition accounts and migrated Mojang accounts are now linked to Microsoft accounts and you will use that Microsoft account to log in to your account. Mojang accounts are not available to be created or used for these new Java Edition accounts. Please make sure you are using the correct login option and the correct Microsoft account that was used during the purchase or migration process. For general questions about new Microsoft Java accounts and Migration, please check our FAQ here.

Minecraft Login Failure - Microsoft Account [​IMG]

If you purchased after Dec 1st, 2020, or have migrated your Mojang account to a Microsoft account, and are having any issues logging in make sure you sign in using the Microsoft account option and not the Mojang account login option, as Mojang logins are only for accounts purchased before Dec 1st, 2020 or accounts that have not migrated yet.

If you are already on the Mojang login screen, please use the "Go Back" button pictured below, in order to get back to the account selection screen.

Please note, if you use a 3rd Party launcher for Minecraft you may not be able to login if the launcher has not been updated to accept Microsoft account logins. We are not able to troubleshoot or support any other launchers as they are not managed by us.

For assistance with Microsoft accounts please check out our account guide here, as well as these helpful Microsoft articles which include instructions for changing your email address, or resetting your password.

If you require additional help with a Microsoft account or settings, unfortunately, Minecraft Support is unable to access those account management systems. Please contact Microsoft Support and request assistance with your Microsoft account. It might help to refrain from requesting help with your Minecraft account, as this can cause confusion and may result in the agent sending your request back to our support team.

If you are still unable to log in, please provide a screenshot of your launcher and any error messages you see so that we can try to investigate the issue further.

Best regards,

-Agent Roxie"

They directed me to contact Microsoft (which there isn't even an option close to selecting that fits my problem) Support and this was after I had already sent my case along with multiple screenshots of the issue being experienced.

I would like some help and not a response saying "I need to contact Minecraft Support".

:)

NightingaleZK, Nov 8, 2021
  2. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings NightingaleZK,

Sorry to hear about your issues you are having with the account migration. We want to ensure that we can get you up and running. Please advise if this issue is still happening or if you were able to log in.

I am also engaged with Minecraft support on the side to look into this issue specifically so we can find you an appropriate answer.
  3. はたばイワン Win User

PS4 Microsoft account failed login.

The update for the PS4 to have crossley with minecraft just came out and I coukdnt be more thrilled! however, the support for it could be far better as on the launch day the login already has failures, along with the store not working. each time I try it
    shows me the same message "Failed to login"

"we tried to sign in to your Microsoft account, but something went wrong"
    SPEEXZ5N
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Hello,today i try to sign in MultiMC 5 but in the end when sign in with the microsoft account there is a error that "XBox user authentication failed." Please say me how to fix it.

If this is a minecraft launcher you have to ask the developer to fix their login issues. It's how their software is doing authentication that is causing the failure
  5. Mathias Sandhofer Win User

Can't change Microsoft accounts on Nintendo switch.

Hi Georges,

thank you for your answer. I disagree. The problem is with a Microsoft account within minecraft. The issue is definitely with Microsoft.

In Minecraft on switch there is a button to logout from Minecraft. When you login again, the authentication of the first Microsoft account which was logged into is prompted. There is no possibility to change the Microsoft account.

There is an additional button "Delete Microsoft account login data". If this is pressed you are asked, if you are sure. If you press yes, nothing happens. Nothing has changed with login either.

Can you help us, please?

Issue is, I connected the Switch Minecraft version with my adult Microsoft account. Now my son is old enough and I want, that he logs into the switch with his own account. But I cannot change the Microsoft login account of switch minecraft. :-(

Best

Mathias
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Ok I migrated Minecraft So how do I play my game?

Hi ClaireBow! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

In the Minecraft launcher login screen you need to select the go back button and the login with Microsoft and use the Email and password of the Microsoft account you migrated your Minecraft account to
Thema:

1. Minecraft Login Failure - Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Minecraft Login Failure

2. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  3. Minecraft Login Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Login Issue: I'm trying to log in to Minecraft and it gives the error code 0x8019001 Please help b7851136-d8b8-4ff8-b587-ad86581eab46
  4. How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...: My question was how can I sign up for a new Microsoft account on my ps4 because when I sign in it says error/ failed because the account is already connected so I have to use the previously used...
  5. Help with Minecraft login on ps5?

in XBoX on Windows
    Help with Minecraft login on ps5?: Logged in fine and played on the ps4. Now on the ps5 when I try and log in, minecraft logs me in then tls me I'm already connected to another account. I only have the one Microsoft account....
  6. How do I login into Minecraft Account? Locked out

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I login into Minecraft Account? Locked out: I cannot sign into my Minecraft Microsoft account. It says it failed. Then after that it claims it’s already signed in. I’m not signed in anywhere else. If necessary I don’t mind removing my...
  7. Cant login to minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant login to minecraft: I cant login to minecraft , im on windows 10 it just sits there loading ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Games issues*** e460cbad-3f0e-4b41-ac86-66ede9de017b
  8. Stuck in a loop when trying to login to microsoft account for minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stuck in a loop when trying to login to microsoft account for minecraft: Hello, I have been trying to sign in to my microsoft account to link it to my minecraft on ps5. I go to the website it tells me to go to when you press sign in on minecraft...
  9. Minecraft Playstation 4 login process doesn't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Playstation 4 login process doesn't work.: The first time where I linked my Playstation account with my Microsoft account everything worked fine. Some time ago it just throw me out and I tried to login again. When I try to login with the...
  10. Cant login to minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant login to minecraft: I cant login to minecraft , im on windows 10 it just sits there loading e460cbad-3f0e-4b41-ac86-66ede9de017b