Minecraft Licensing Post-Migration - Unable to play

Discus and support Minecraft Licensing Post-Migration - Unable to play in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I purchased approximately 8 Minecraft accounts pre-Microsoft acquisition under various e-mail addresses. I have migrated two of them. As of this... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SmoknMirrors, Aug 8, 2022.

1. SmoknMirrors
    SmoknMirrors Guest

I purchased approximately 8 Minecraft accounts pre-Microsoft acquisition under various e-mail addresses. I have migrated two of them. As of this weekend, I am unable to play Java Minecraft on my PC or Mac. When I log in using my Microsoft account, the login appears to work, but only offers me the "Play Demo" option. It suggests that I "Change account" to a non-migrated user, but when I do that, it just hangs me in a login loop. When I log onto the website to migrate one of the other accounts, it fails to load the profile page.

My main Microsoft account worked as recently as Friday night. It is possible there is some sort of weird networking issue as I lost power Saturday evening (thus requiring me to log back on after being logged in for a considerable amount of time), but the issue occurs on multiple systems and multiple OS platforms (Both Win10 and Mac OS)

I suspect I will need direct Microsoft intervention on these accounts, but I thought I would throw it out here first for additional troubleshooting ideas.

:)

SmoknMirrors, Aug 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.

My name is Josef. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Smoknmirrors

May I know if you already tried all the troubleshooting steps from this site?

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44... Or trying with the launcher for Microsoft store, Windows 7/8 or windows 11/10?

If that doesn't work, please try this in your Windows PC to cover everything from your side:

First uninstall actual minecraft launcher.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account , install minecraft launcher and give it a new try.

If that doesn't work you can try checking this with Microsoft, in case that maybe the weird networking issue that you told, was the one that caused the license issue

Hope it helps!
    Feel free to ask further questions if necessary

Greetings
  3. A. User Win User

I think I might have found the solution to my own issue. It appears that my system is blocking access to the Minecraft servers. The addresses in question are in the 52.84.150.XX/24 block, which is Amazon (presumably EC2 cloud) space listed as being from China/Hong Kong. I am not sure if Microsoft made changes recently but my international "bad actor" block has been there for a long time and it just now ran afoul of it.

Update: It looks like this might be a geolocation error. Other geolocation databases are showing this as USA.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft account not accessible. No communicaiton about a migration but I paid for the game

Hi Jane! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft account.

According to the official Minecraft website: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/account-migration-last-call

"On Sep 19, 2023, the migration of Mojang accounts has now been completed. It is no longer possible to migrate unmigrated accounts or make the move.

Unmigrated Mojang accounts will not be able to sign in to Minecraft.net or the Minecraft Launcher to migrate. In addition, starting September 19, 2023, Minecraft Support will no longer be able to assist in any MSA migration-related tickets."

Also according to Post-Migration Process FAQ article:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/19615552270221

"As of December 18, 2023, the post-migration process for Mojang accounts has officially ended. If you successfully completed the post-migration process, you should now have access to both Java and Bedrock editions.

As the migration period has concluded, Minecraft Support will no longer assist with migration-related queries. Visit this link to learn about making a new Microsoft account."

However, based on your description, since you have created a Minecraft account recently in 2022 during the Migration period, it might be possible that your Minecraft account has already migrated. You mentioned that you have no access to your purchased Minecraft.

For us to isolate the case, you will need to find the Microsoft account where your Minecraft game license was purchased.

Kindly sign in to all of your Microsoft email accounts on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > order history > select the date of range when you purchased your Minecraft game in August 2022.

From there, check if you have the Minecraft transaction. If you have found the transaction, use the same Microsoft account to login to Minecraft Launcher.

If you're unable to find the Minecraft game transaction, check your other Microsoft email accounts' order history.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

Downloading and installing Minecraft Java on a pc.

Hello JimboTodd,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. If you already own a Minecraft license, you should not have to purchase it a second time. There are a few things to unload here before I can try to assist further. Keep in mind that this may need to be escalated to Mojang Support so I would recommend contacting the support team directly at: Mojang Support - Submit a Request.

Before attempting any troubleshooting steps, please confirm that you are logged into the same account that has already purchased Minecraft for PC. You may do so by visiting: Check your Xbox purchase history. If you see the title but you're still unable to access it, you will need to contact Mojang.

If you have recently migrated your account, or have not migrated at all, this may be a factor as to why you are unable to access the game. When you attempt to play, does it prompt you to play the demo mode of Minecraft? Please view Minecraft: Java Edition Account Migration FAQ / Minecraft Account Migration Issues and FAQ.

Thank you,

-Tali
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

마인크래프트 체험판 오류

[The text above is an automatic translation and may not be exactly the same as the original text]

Hello myeongwonjo,

Thank you for contacting the Xbox Support forums. I understand that the official license of Minecraft is not appearing for you. If you have purchased the game, please confirm if you have migrated your Minecraft account with a Microsoft account. This is typically the cause of users being unable to access Minecraft.

Minecraft – Account Migration

If you have already migrated your account and still see this same error, you may need to access the game directly through the Microsoft Store app. You can do this by opening the Microsoft Store app, searching for “Minecraft”, and download the game from there.

For additional support, you may also contact the Minecraft team directly and open a ticket at Minecraft Support.

Thank you,

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. Minecraft Licensing Post-Migration - Unable to play - Similar Threads - Minecraft Licensing Post

2. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  3. Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft not working even though i have gold and i paid for game.: i bought minecraft in 2019 and now it is saying i cannot play with how my account is set up even though i have xbox gold. And is now saying i need to pay for xbox ultimate when i click fix this...
  4. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  7. Can't install Minecraft license on a new computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft license on a new computer: This is my third question this day regarding a problem that I have been having for a month, the Minecraft license does not want to be installed on my new laptop, it does have the minimum...
  8. Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft DLC locked and my licenses removed?: I recently purchased the Jurassic World DLC in Minecraft for Xbox 1. After about a week of playing it, it now shows as locked, as well as all other DLC I have purchased. The files no longer show...
  9. Lost Minecraft License after Migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Minecraft License after Migration: I followed all steps of migration to my gmail account and got migration confirmations and everything. logged into mojang and wrote a new xbox username and then suddenly my license to the game is...
  10. My license/key for Minecraft Java - invalid after my Game Pass ran out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My license/key for Minecraft Java - invalid after my Game Pass ran out: I had merged my Mojang account with a Microsoft account and played the game a year ago. I have owned it since 2015. After my one month of Game Pass expired, the launcher now prompts me to purchase...