Minecraft Launcher won't open

Discus and support Minecraft Launcher won't open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; yes i know a lot of ppl have been asking this but i still cant find the solution to my problem so first things first, my minecraft was working... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheLostGuyInThePuddle, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Minecraft Launcher won't open

yes i know a lot of ppl have been asking this but i still cant find the solution to my problem

so first things first, my minecraft was working perfectly fine but after 2 weeks from not opening mincraft, i wanted to play again but for some reason it directed me to the microsoft store to update the microsoft gaming services or something. After i did, i tried running minecraft but everytime i click on the icon, the minecraft window comes up for one second and then closes off completely. Now ive tried

-> Updating my laptop

-> Restarting it (6 times!!)

-> On my other laptop acc, i tried reinstalling minecraft but theres this error saying i cant install the app. so i have to use this windows acc to play mc. i dont want to take the same risk of deleting minecraft and not getting it back again.

-> repairing, resetting the app

but it does not work.

What should i do??

:)

TheLostGuyInThePuddle, Jul 17, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, TheLostGuyInThePuddle. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please reinstall the gaming services and reset the Microsoft store and the Xbox app? Please perform these steps with the Microsoft store and the Xbox app closed and make sure there are no games being downloaded or installed on both apps.

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

- Press Windows + R and type in "regedit". Press enter.

- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

- Delete the folders "GamingServices", "GamingServices.net" (if they're still there).

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

- Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.

- Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

- Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt. Also sign in on the Microsoft store with your Microsoft account.

- Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store.

- Check your computer region/country and language and please make sure it is the same as your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile). Also check your time zone and date/time is correct.

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. Splatimation Win User

gamepass for minecraft bedrock on pc

I open the minecraft launcher, log into my account, and then doesn’t let me play minecraft, i can use the minecraft launcher in the xbox app using gamepass, but cannot play minecraft
  4. bastienbo Win User

Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.

I have the same issue, sometimes wanting to open a second client for my another minecraft account but have to close my running game to be able to re-open the launcher !

Boring as hell ... please help fixing it (as LuckyVahin201 in the past I was able to open the launcher without closing the game)
  5. LuckyVahin201 Win User

I think you misunderstood me - I can still open Minecraft, but while it is running I am unable to open it, and instead it tabs to my Minecraft tab which is open at the moment, however this behaviour does not occur on my old device, and some of my friend's devices.
  6. LuckyVahin201 Win User

I have tried the steps provided to no avail, and I have tried both the Windows Store and the Mojang website version to no avail.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Launcher won't open - Similar Threads - Minecraft Launcher won't

2. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  3. Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me: I tried downloading it and it refuses to work like **** I spent $30 on this game only for it not to work pls help me like I really really really really really really really really really really...
  4. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  5. My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...: A little while ago for seemingly no reason my Minecraft launcher decided to log me out. I then tried to log back in and it sits on the loading screen for 30 seconds to around 2 minutes. then gives...
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e: Minecraft Launcher will not install from the Microsoft Store. I click "Install" and it thinks for a while and the blue "Install" shows up again. I tried installing on the Xbox app, but I get the...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.: Hi! So my Minecraft Bedrock launcher used to work, but I tried reinstalling it because there was an issue with it. My Java edition works just fine. Upon reinstalling it in my C: Drive, every time...
  8. Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?: Minecraft launcher is failing to download and install from the Microsoft store. I've previously used the Windows 7/8 launcher for the game, due to having this problem for many months, however, I'm...
  9. Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.: So if I have minecraft open, and try to open the launcher it just tabs me to the open window. I used to be able to open the launcher while the game was running on my old laptop but can no longer...
  10. minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001: Laptop crashed 3 days ago and I've been trying to rebuild ever since. Totally new install on proven working laptop - win 10 home 64 bit. Trying to re-install the Minecraft launcher for Minecraft...