Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

Discus and support Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThisIsAnDisplayName, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

So, whenever I click my Minecraft launcher icon, it doesn't open, but it redirects me to the stupid Microsoft gaming page. how am I supposed to fix this???

:)

ThisIsAnDisplayName, Apr 5, 2022
  2. ThisIsAnDisplayName Win User

Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store

wait- I figured it out. you need to go to "add or remove programs" in settings.

then, go to Xbox gaming services.

Then scroll downwards and click terminate.

I'm sure if this works for any other games, but it works for Minecraft launcher.
  3. EvinRuck Win User

error 0x00000001 windows 11

same, a few days ago Minecraft launcher kept redirecting me to some random app on the Microsoft store, now i cant redownload the launcher from Microsoft store, minecraft.net or Xbox app
  4. WattyNuela Win User

i can't install free trial of minecraft from the store

Hello Muhammad, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

Please try accessing the game by following the steps below:

Open the Xbox app or the Microsoft store on your PC, then search and download the Minecraft launcher.

Now, open the Minecraft launcher, and you should be able to start the free trial for Minecraft Windows edition.

Lastly, please make sure you’re logged in to the desired Microsoft account on the Xbox app, the Minecraft launcher and the Microsoft Store.
  5. Belle B Win User

Got this error message Error code: (0x8007048f ) when i tried to open the new minecraft launcher

Please note that if the Minecraft launcher doesn't show up in your Microsoft store app, it may be due that your Windows is outdated which you've done. So since your game won't update as you've shown on your screenshot, you may need to install the Xbox app and ensure that they are synced together with the Microsoft store app, Sora.

Like you, I also own the game, the Minecraft launcher is free from the Microsoft store app, you can get it here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/minecra... or here: https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-laun... through the Microsoft store app as previously stated.

To be able to update any apps that you install on your PC, it may need to be done with the help of your Microsoft store app.

You may refer here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44... from the game developer's support page.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Minecraft bedrock telling me to unlock full game even though that I already bought it after getting new computer

Hello, Noah. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your concern today.

Please try the potential solution I’m going to share below:

Step 1. Sign out from the account that owns the game on the Minecraft launcher, the Microsoft store, and the Xbox app.

Step 2. Reset and repair the Microsoft Store and the Minecraft launcher:

-For the Microsoft store, press the Windows key + R > in the dialog box type wsreset.exe
    Wait until the Microsoft store is open.

-For the Minecraft launcher, press the Windows key + I > Apps > Installed Apps > click the app and click advanced options (on Windows 11, click on more) > click reset and repair.

Step 3. Sign in with the account that owns Minecraft on the Microsoft Store, the Xbox app, finally, on the Minecraft launcher.
    Try playing Minecraft bedrock edition.
Thema:

1. Minecraft launcher won't open, redirects to Microsoft gaming page on the app store - Similar Threads - Minecraft launcher won't

2. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  3. Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help my minecraft launcher just won't open pls help me: I tried downloading it and it refuses to work like **** I spent $30 on this game only for it not to work pls help me like I really really really really really really really really really really...
  4. Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Minecraft launcher let me get past the verification page?: I'm logged into the correct account on Microsoft store, I have downloaded the launcher, I am logged into my Mojang account on the website. Every time I try to log into the launcher it asks me for...
  5. My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft launcher won't let me even login it stays stuck on the login screen. How do i...: A little while ago for seemingly no reason my Minecraft launcher decided to log me out. I then tried to log back in and it sits on the loading screen for 30 seconds to around 2 minutes. then gives...
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e: Minecraft Launcher will not install from the Microsoft Store. I click "Install" and it thinks for a while and the blue "Install" shows up again. I tried installing on the Xbox app, but I get the...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Bedrock launcher stuck on idle, won't show up in MS.: Hi! So my Minecraft Bedrock launcher used to work, but I tried reinstalling it because there was an issue with it. My Java edition works just fine. Upon reinstalling it in my C: Drive, every time...
  8. Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft Launcher download?: Minecraft launcher is failing to download and install from the Microsoft store. I've previously used the Windows 7/8 launcher for the game, due to having this problem for many months, however, I'm...
  9. Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won't open if Minecraft is already running.: So if I have minecraft open, and try to open the launcher it just tabs me to the open window. I used to be able to open the launcher while the game was running on my old laptop but can no longer...
  10. minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher won't load - Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001: Laptop crashed 3 days ago and I've been trying to rebuild ever since. Totally new install on proven working laptop - win 10 home 64 bit. Trying to re-install the Minecraft launcher for Minecraft...