Minecraft Launcher keeps opening MS store, and MS store is bugged and glitchy

Discus and support Minecraft Launcher keeps opening MS store, and MS store is bugged and glitchy in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently, there was an update to the minecraft launcher, and when I try to log in, Microsoft store opens itself with a blank screen with the default... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 9767, Nov 19, 2022.

1. 9767
    9767 Guest

So recently, there was an update to the minecraft launcher, and when I try to log in, Microsoft store opens itself with a blank screen with the default color visible and the logo and the loading icon, it seems to open itself countless times, maybe running into an error? There doesn't seem to be a way of stopping this process.

BEcause of this, I can't play minecraft and can't do anything on my PC because the app opens infron of every current app.

:)

2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this 9767

Please try and double check this:

But first uninstall the current Minecraft launcher.

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

<if you're able to open the Store normally>

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account

Install minecraft launcher using the Xbox app and try again

----------

If maybe that doesn't work try reinstalling the Store

Use both methods provided by Lester here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. Caitlin Chin Win User

Minecraft Launcher Opens MS Store

If THIS is the only helpful solution, Minecraft really needs to get their **** together and fix their dumb launcher. I haven't been able to use it in MONTHS and at this point it feels like a huge waste of money.
    try using the old launcher for now, continue using it even if it asks you to use the new launcher. : https://launcher.mojang.com/download/MinecraftInstaller.msi Make sure to select "Microsoft login" at the login selection screen, then proceed to login with the Microsoft account connected to your Minecraft.
  4. Nolan van der Linden Win User

Thanks this helped a lot. But I kept testing to see if it worked and I only need to go to WSRESET and restart and then it worked again. Thanks a lot though.
  5. Cordon999 Win User

Anyone having this issue, after hours of frustration with this, finally have it working.

Do not, as you may be advised reformat and clean install Windows as its not necessary, as are most of the possible solutions that I have seen in various posts.

The main issue with Gaming Services is keys in the registry including ghost service entries in the registry, there is a version mismatch, if you ever get this error no matter what you try as long as they are there it will never install, thereby rendering your Game Pass Ultimate experience virtually useless.

When I first got this error "0x00000001", I reset Gaming Services, that then caused another error "0x80073D26", that's when I found the services in task manager which were effectively ghost entries doing nothing.

Firstly I reset Gaming Services, then proceeded with the following:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps find 2 gaming services folders, take ownership and delete.

2. Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following:

Keys.
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.GamingServices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri]
    [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Classes\Local Settings\MrtCache\C:%5CProgram Files%5CWindowsApps%5CMicrosoft.Gamingservices_2.45.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe%5Cresources.pri\1d6937194966bce]
    and all other Microsoft.Gamingservices versions in here

Services.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

The version numbers may be different depending on what you have installed.

3. Restart your PC.

4. Once restarted open Microsoft Store find Gaming Services and install, it will now work.

Hope this helps.

Microsoft however your updating or installing gaming services, it has the potential to fail, if it fails the user is stuffed, took me hours to resolve this, the only advice I had was to, use PowerShell, reset various apps or to reformat and clean install, which for the majority of users is not an option, fix it.
  6. Caitlin Chin Win User

try using the old launcher for now, continue using it even if it asks you to use the new launcher. : https://launcher.mojang.com/download/MinecraftInstaller.msi Make sure to select "Microsoft login" at the login selection screen, then proceed to login with the Microsoft account connected to your Minecraft.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Launcher keeps opening MS store, and MS store is bugged and glitchy - Similar Threads - Minecraft Launcher keeps

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  4. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  5. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  7. minecraft launcher exit code 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft launcher exit code 1: Hi, I wanted to play minecraft java latest release 1.20.4 on windows 11 64bit. I pressed play and I got exit code 1 again and again. I have reinstalled minecraft and java. But still minecraft...
  8. Minecraft Launcher keeps failing on laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher keeps failing on laptop.: [img] I recently reset my computer and tried to redownload minecraft, and every time I try to launch it it comes up with this. I've played before so I know its possible. Any solutions?...
  9. I've been trying to update the minecraft launcher, but I keep getting the error code...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've been trying to update the minecraft launcher, but I keep getting the error code...: I've been trying for the last few hours to update the launcher, but every time I do, it won't start but instead give me error code 0x87e00027. I've went into my files and looked for repairs, I've...
  10. why does my minecraft launcher keep saying my accounts is not matched?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my minecraft launcher keep saying my accounts is not matched?: my minecraft launcher keeps saying my microsoft store and minecraft launcher is not matched, but when i checked its the same account and i only have 1 account on my computer....