Minecraft kids account - adding friends

Discus and support Minecraft kids account - adding friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have downloaded Minecraft onto my 3 kids amazon fire tablets and have created a microsoft account for each of them (and an xbox gamertag).... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SimonLloyd4, Feb 13, 2021.

1. SimonLloyd4
    SimonLloyd4 Guest

Hi,

I have downloaded Minecraft onto my 3 kids amazon fire tablets and have created a microsoft account for each of them (and an xbox gamertag).

When i try to add each of them as friends with one another it says that is not allowed due to how the account is set up.

I have altered the settings via xbox page to give all permissions but still the same refusal message... any ideas what I am missing or how I can get around this so my kids can play together?

Thanks

:)

SimonLloyd4, Feb 13, 2021
  2. SimonLloyd4 Win User

Solved it myself...

After amending the settings on xbox webpage (both the privacy tab and the windows 10/xbox tab) it still would not work.

Signed each profile into an xbox console and added each child as a friend there. Once that was done minecraft allowed me to add each child as friends of one another on the game.

Odd since no intention of using on xbox only android but it works so 🤷
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Kirill Krasin Win User

Hello,

I'm not sure about Switch privacy/account settings, but if your son's account is linked to your Microsoft Family Group, you can view or edit privacy settings

here
  5. BrookBurns Win User

I am having the same issue and when going to the settings on the family account, there is no option to change any settings allowing my son to add friends on Minecraft on his switch. I can set screen time restrictions, content restrictions, etc. But nothing
    for allowing him to add friends on applictions.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Trying to play minecraft with my kids

Are you all playing on the same version of Minecraft? Not the edition (Bedrock), but all clients are updated to v1.19.10? And have you tried deleting and adding your kids to your friend list and removing and adding you on their friend list too?
Thema:

1. Minecraft kids account - adding friends - Similar Threads - Minecraft kids account

2. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  3. I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot allow my kid to play minecraft online with his friends: I have read multiple tutorials, and as per microsoft you have changed the GUI for family safety. There is no "content restriction" site anymore on family safety. This is where It was recommended...
  4. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  5. Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java multiplayer for Kids in microsoft family account.: I have recently purchased a third copy of minecraft Java for my youngest to play online. I cannot seem to allow the multiplayer option, i have allowed all options in the family/xbox privacy...
  6. Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft as gift with my account and my kid can't redeem it: Hello, i have bought Minecraft Deluxe edition on Microsoft store as gift for my kid. However when i chose payment method there was no possibility to set Czechia as country for payment profile....
  7. How can my kid play minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can my kid play minecraft multiplayer: Hi How can my kid play minecraft multiplayer? In his MS Family account he's a member of the family group, but in my admin account for the group his invitation is 'pending'. He's accepted it a...
  8. WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDED ON "SALAS THE KID" FOR PUTTING "ORIGINS MOD FOR MINECRAFT" IN...

in XBoX Accessibility
    WHY WAS MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDED ON "SALAS THE KID" FOR PUTTING "ORIGINS MOD FOR MINECRAFT" IN...: [img] this is so stupid. 26ac0568-c296-4f46-ae43-d1bb3c0e0208
  9. My kid couldn't buy the Minecraft Bedrock Java on her account.

in XBoX on Windows
    My kid couldn't buy the Minecraft Bedrock Java on her account.: It sent the request through to mine, so I bought it on my account thinking I could share it, but no. So thats the first waste of money, I'd like to think I'd be able to get my money back - but...
  10. Xbox Insider Hub is Pegi 3 , but unable to lunch under kid account

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub is Pegi 3 , but unable to lunch under kid account: Hi, this is really crucial, as my daughter try to play Minecraft RTX, but I am unable to set this in Xbox Insider Hub, because the hub does not allow her to log in, as she is not 18. But Xbox...