Minecraft Java uses all my CPU and now wont even launch. Error code: -1

Discus and support Minecraft Java uses all my CPU and now wont even launch. Error code: -1 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I explain my problem these are my specs. GTX 1080 ti Intel I7 7th gen 16 Gbs of ram Every time I open Minecraft launcher, OpenJDK Platform... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ethaneckman, Jul 2, 2022.

1. ethaneckman
    ethaneckman Guest

Before I explain my problem these are my specs.

GTX 1080 ti

Intel I7 7th gen

16 Gbs of ram

Every time I open Minecraft launcher, OpenJDK Platform binary starts and sometimes stays dormant until I launch Minecraft java. but after it starts up so does OpenJDK platform binary and it quickly makes it to 100% CPU usage and fluctuates within about 30% which makes Minecraft run very laggy ranging from my max 144 frames all the way down to 40 which almost makes the game unplayable. I've tried redownloading the launcher as well as redownloading java and nothing has worked. I've also made all the setting to the lowest quality and render distance and it has no benefit. And now as I am writing this I cant even launch Minecraft java instead the game now crashes every time and gives me this error screen.
    Minecraft Java uses all my CPU and now wont even launch. Error code: -1 [​IMG]

:)

ethaneckman, Jul 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Ethan

Apart from reinstalling the game, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Is your windows and drivers up to date?

Try looking for Windows updates and install the optional updates as well

And download drivers for your hardware via manufacturer site.

If everything's up to rate let's try first checking system corruptions running the SFC tool:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I'll look forward for your feedback
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Minecraft Java error -1

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that your getting an Minecraft Java Error -1. The Error -1 in Minecraft Java usually occurs when there is a problem with the game's installation files. Let's work on this together in finding the best possible solution to this issue.

To better understand the situation, I would like to ask some questions, such as:

• What device are you using in playing the game? Windows PC, Xbox Console, etc.
    • What specific process did you perform before this problem occur?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error itself

While waiting for your response, you can try the following steps:

1. Restart your computer and try launching Minecraft again.

2. Check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Minecraft Java.

3. Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft Java.

4. Make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.

5. Disable any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and try launching Minecraft again.

I hope this helps. Looking forward for your response!

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. Inhurcorpz Win User

something went wrong again

I dont even get an error code .. i click to launch it and nothing happens it wont load at all, already reinstalled and same thing ...if i go to games and nba2k15 on the tab it just says play ... i click on that and nothing it just wont launch.
  5. NMK2K22 Win User

Games download storage

Hey Josef

So it's happening on Windows 11

It started to happens after i tried to solve another problem (launching games) so i did this ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...inecraft/07d08934-cb98-457a-82d3-f755c6f84a77 ) just after i finished this trying it i had this problem (and my games did not even launch...)

So i tried do to unistall it and dowload it again, i tried to go in WindowsApps and on PowerShell to see what's i can do but i found nothing...

I hope all this informations could help you to see what's going on here !
  6. Youchan3070 Win User

New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

When Minecraft stopped working, I used my Microsoft account. And this issue happened after I changed my main alias from E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. I can play Minecraft if I log in with my E-Mail 2.

I purchased Minecraft on my Mojang account before the migration, but I don't use my mojang account and that Microsoft account that was migrated to.

With my Mojang account (E-Mail 1) migrated to Microsoft account (E-Mail 4) I bad the Java Edition. With my first Microsoft account (E-Mail 1, now 3) I had Minecraft Bedrock Edition. And with the other MIcrosoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) I have both Java and Bedrock.

I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft Account (E-Mail 1, now 3) from the Microsoft Store and I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) from the Microsoft Store but the Java Edition I purchased from minecraft.net. On my Mojang account (E-Mail 1, now migrated to Microsoft Account with E-Mail 3) I bought Minecraft Java from minecraft.net.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java uses all my CPU and now wont even launch. Error code: -1 - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java uses

2. Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition Username stuck on second account using Xbox gamepass that got...: Hi, I'm here asking for help, a few months ago I bought an Xbox GamePass using my second Microsoft account to play Minecraft, months later, I finally bought the full Minecraft on my main account,...
  3. I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ever used illegal version of minecraft on java neither on bedrock and I even share that...: I feel really sorry for this and now I know that was wrong and I don't really know what should i do 4f1d5b2b-e588-4b53-b900-4ff6de71156d
  4. Refund for the money I used to buy Minecraft Java because my Microsoft account has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for the money I used to buy Minecraft Java because my Microsoft account has been...: About a year ago, I was hacked and my Microsoft Account was stolen and I have been contacting Microsoft this whole time and no one ever helped me. I use $35 dollars on Minecraft Java. Whenever I...
  5. Are you able to use an Xbox Gift Card to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to use an Xbox Gift Card to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe...: Like the title says, I'd like to buy Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition Deluxe Collection... am I able to purchase it using an Xbox gift card ? 29768152-510c-4529-b0a6-2c1e2e8c8949
  6. I used a giftcard for minecraft bedrock and java, but only got bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I used a giftcard for minecraft bedrock and java, but only got bedrock: the title sums it up pretty much, when I enter the launcher, only bedrock says play, java says buy now. e638992d-ff78-4644-841a-a3c2f1b3565e
  7. I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have tried to use minecraft java edition but i keep getting an glfw error 65542 and when...: i couldnt add a screen shot. 0c1f9319-8f5b-46f4-8d70-e3864acb04f3
  8. How can I convert Bedrock minecraft files into MInecraft java files without using a blocked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I convert Bedrock minecraft files into MInecraft java files without using a blocked...: Mineways is a software program that takes a minecraft java world file, and turns it into a 3d printable model. I play minecraft on a PS4, without premium, and I can only export as .bin files,...
  9. If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...: After buying java and bedrock edition redeem code from eb games, I redeemed using a microsoft account, which meant I should have access to both. Java works fine but whilst trying to download it...
  10. How to convert world save from PS4 console to PC (Minecraft Java) using a USB drive (and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to convert world save from PS4 console to PC (Minecraft Java) using a USB drive (and...: Hello all, I have been trying to find a workaround for this for years, but I haven't, which is why I'm here... I want to convert my Minecraft world on my PS4 to my PC to play it on Minecraft...