Minecraft Java saying 'Play Demo'

Discus and support Minecraft Java saying 'Play Demo' in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I got the Minecraft Bedrock + Java Bundle about a month or so ago, and at that time I had the gamepass. I ran out a few weeks ago. Today I tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChunkyMilkk, Oct 12, 2022.

1. ChunkyMilkk
    ChunkyMilkk Guest

So I got the Minecraft Bedrock + Java Bundle about a month or so ago, and at that time I had the gamepass. I ran out a few weeks ago. Today I tried to get on Java, and now the button says 'Play Demo'. I am signed in on the account I got the bundle on on the Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and the Minecraft Launcher. It worked while I had gamepass. I'm wondering if I need gamepass in order to keep playing Java? If not, is there something I can try to get it to work?

:)

ChunkyMilkk, Oct 12, 2022
  2. Thretcon770 Win User

Paid for Minecraft twice still can only play in demo mode

3. RobertCamacho Jr. Win User

Need to buy Minecraft again after migration?

For me it opens up the Launcher recognizing my minecraft name but for the Java version (which I previously owned under Majong) it says I can PLAY DEMO. For the Minecraft for Windows it says I can PLAY TRIAL. But I already own Minecraft.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi ChunkyMilkk, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

First, kindly sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the order for the bundle from there stated as "completed".

Once confirmed, kindly uninstall the Minecraft launcher and then search the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC on your Xbox App to install.
  5. Maddie Lotters Win User

I bought minecraft Java and bedrock but it says i only got bedrock???

Hi Manuela! Yes, i paid for it today, i got the minecraft launcher from the microsoft store and purchased it from the launcher but on the microsoft store it says i have both java and bedrock. Yes i tried to update my account purchase status but it just says i only have bedrock, and i can only play the demo of java.
  6. StageCoa11 Win User

After migrating Mojang account to Microsoft, it is gone

I am logging into Minecraft Java Edition with the Microsoft account that I migrated my Mojang account to, and instead of being a full/paid version of Minecraft, it is only offering me to play the Minecraft "demo" version.
Thema:

1. Minecraft Java saying 'Play Demo' - Similar Threads - Minecraft Java saying

2. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  3. Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wanted to buy Minecraft Java but it keeps saying purchase limit reached: Just made a Microsoft account and the Xbox(?) gamer name thing yesterday. Ever since then it has been impossible for me to buy Minecraft. The message "Your account has reached its purchase limit"...
  4. I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own minecraft for windows (bedrock) but its not letting me play java and says i have to...: i own minecraft for windows on pc but it says i have to buy java and its only letting me play bedrock. e7acd915-567a-4109-a681-a99bb0f79a50
  5. Minecraft: Java Edition says I need to "Buy" it again despite me owning it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition says I need to "Buy" it again despite me owning it, how do I fix this?: I have bought Minecraft: Java a while back and have been playing it as recently as two days ago, however yesterday I came across an issue when I open the launcher saying I need to "Buy Game"...
  6. On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Minecraft Java Edition I cannot hit the play button it says create username but won't...: I am logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft java edition has been bought already, but when I click the game and then click the play button, a screen pops up that says create username, when...
  7. Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...: I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC and i only can use Bedrock Edition and It says I already have Java Edition a7b09ac8-80da-47ef-97af-b0b90c0e5fdc
  8. I bought minecraft Java and bedrock but it says i only got bedrock???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought minecraft Java and bedrock but it says i only got bedrock???: on microsoft store it says i got both bedrock and java, but on the launcher it says i only got bedrock? when i clic on minecraft java, it says i need to buy it or i can try out the demo but i...
  9. I have Minecraft: Java Edition but it says BUY NOW

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have Minecraft: Java Edition but it says BUY NOW: It started when I was trying to play minecraft and ask me to log-in again which I did, but when I did the minecraft launcher closes and nothing is happening. So, I went to minecraft website and...
  10. I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought java minecraft, but the launcher says I didn't.: I recently bought Minecraft: Java Edition. But, when I access the launcher, it says that I haven't bought it. When I press on the "Buy now" button, it says that I have bought the game afterall,...