Minecraft is trying to make me repurchase the game.

Discus and support Minecraft is trying to make me repurchase the game. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing Minecraft all afternoon got off for a bit and tried getting back on and its telling me I need to buy the game. After looking around for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SyderCS, Jan 25, 2023.

1. SyderCS
    SyderCS Guest

I was playing Minecraft all afternoon got off for a bit and tried getting back on and its telling me I need to buy the game. After looking around for a bit I found that the game needed an update so I updated it and tried clicking play and this popped up. *When you got a refund on Minecraft it was removed from your device.*

Except that never happened so I don't understand why its saying that.

Any Ideas?

:)

SyderCS, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Could you please go to your account order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ and look for the Minecraft game order if it's there and says completed or refunded?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Trying to make me repurchase Java edition

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

There are the necessary steps that we need to perform if in case we were asked to re-purchase Minecraft Java Edition after migrating:

1. Please double-check you are logging in to the same Microsoft account you used to migrate your Mojang account.

2. Make sure you are not logging in with your Mojang account. Migrated accounts will only be able to log in with your Microsoft account.

Once confirmed, kindly sign out then restart your PC before signing back in.
  4. Francia J. Win User

5. CommieCat Win User

Also, I use the legacy launcher I can still play but if I wish to use the new one I do not have ownership.
  6. CommieCat Win User

As said before I made sure to migrate the account. I signed in with my microsoft account. I still show my java edition username and skin. However, it still wants me to repurchase the game. I also own bedrock edition but wants me to purchase it also. I tried the uninstall, reinstall, and restart to no avail. Still wants to make me purchase both editions once again.
Thema:

1. Minecraft is trying to make me repurchase the game. - Similar Threads - Minecraft trying repurchase

2. I am trying to locate the account I bought Minecraft with and I was directed here.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to locate the account I bought Minecraft with and I was directed here.: I am trying to play Minecraft on my pc but it says I don't own the game. When I login to minecraft.net it says I own Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. In my order history on accounts.microsoft.com it...
  3. Minecraft Dungeons (Downloaded from game pass) Audio cuts out and then crashes when i try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Dungeons (Downloaded from game pass) Audio cuts out and then crashes when i try...: I downloaded Minecraft Dungeons from the Xbox Game pass and when I launch it it works fine up until I get to the main menu the audio will randomly cut out, if I'm in a discord call that will also...
  4. Trying to sync Minecract worlds, tells me minecraft can't save anymore data even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to sync Minecract worlds, tells me minecraft can't save anymore data even though...: Recently on my Xbox Series X all of my worlds are kind of old and they all needed to be resynced but when I try to resync a world it either tells me Minecraft cant store anymore data or it just...
  5. I lost my Minecraft account but I can't reach the support what can I try?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my Minecraft account but I can't reach the support what can I try?: They changed the email on the Microsoft account so I cant do the recovery form. c720136d-cb85-41f7-bb32-675613716ca7
  6. Can't turn on multiplayer in Minecraft, have already tried everything I can find

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't turn on multiplayer in Minecraft, have already tried everything I can find: So this question isn't actually in regards to my account- my account is perfectly fine. I'm in my 20s so age restrictions and the tangle of red tape they've become aren't a problem for me anymore,...
  7. I'm trying to sign into Minecraft to play on realms. When I sign in, it says the account is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to sign into Minecraft to play on realms. When I sign in, it says the account is...: Some technical support would be great. *** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other *** 7f95cf1e-d9e0-4dfe-a458-1cd950b9704b
  8. I've been trying to launch Minecraft for a while, but it's stuck at 0b in the launcher...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've been trying to launch Minecraft for a while, but it's stuck at 0b in the launcher...: I've been trying to launch Minecraft for a while, but it's stuck at 0b in the launcher anyone know how to fix this? 5340ca58-4b8e-433f-8bd8-e5b44c693936
  9. Why wont my Minecraft installer work at all? I've tried everything.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my Minecraft installer work at all? I've tried everything.: a couple months ago, I tried clicking my Minecraft launcher app to launch Minecraft like I've always done, but I got an error code; 0x803F8001. I contacted Mojang about this and they tried...
  10. Everytime I try to play multiplayer on Minecraft it says my Microsoft account needs to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Everytime I try to play multiplayer on Minecraft it says my Microsoft account needs to...: Everytime I try to play multiplayer on Minecraft it says my Microsoft account needs to ensure safety settings but I have already done that and it still will not let me play...