Minecraft for windows won't let me join my friend's multiplayer server

Discus and support Minecraft for windows won't let me join my friend's multiplayer server in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Me and my friend both have minecraft for windows and we have tried to join each other's worlds. We are both 18+ and we are not in a Microsoft family.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Emeralds7, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Emeralds7
    Emeralds7 Guest

Me and my friend both have minecraft for windows and we have tried to join each other's worlds. We are both 18+ and we are not in a Microsoft family. Whenever I try to join his world it says "Unable to connect". We have tried everything and nothing has worked.

:)

Emeralds7, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Have you not been able connect with each other ever since? Please make sure to review your account privacy settings on https://account.xbox.com/Settings and allow some restricted options there. Please also tell your friend to do the same.

Don't forget to check and try the suggested troubleshooting steps here as well https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...
  3. Emeralds7 Win User

Would it matter if I'm using windows 11 and he is using windows 10?
  4. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for confirming. I forgot to ask, are you able to join other worlds or join with other friends?

Alternatively, please try to unfriend your friend's account and add it back as a friend again.
  5. Emeralds7 Win User

It hasn't let me or him join each other's server since it started saying "Unable to connect". Both of our privacy settings are set to allow.
  6. Rostom L Win User

It doesn't matter as long as you're on the same Minecraft Edition and version. Have you tried joing with your other friends if you're able to?
Thema:

1. Minecraft for windows won't let me join my friend's multiplayer server - Similar Threads - Minecraft windows won't

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?: When I was trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my windows computer, the game was stuck at 34% on the loading screen and sometimes it goes to 40% and then completely freezes. After it stays...
  4. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  5. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  6. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  7. I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me: I have Minecraft for windows but want to play Java and should have Java can I please get some help 4a283be3-2e4a-4dcc-bcf4-21c3679a8289
  8. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  9. Why won't Minecraft for windows install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft for windows install?: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for the past 3 hours now and it has been stuck on Downloading 96.86 MB / 96.86 MB for about 30 minutes. It seems like its having a hard...
  10. Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update: So last night I had a required windows 11 update, after going to bed and going on my computer the next morning I find that Minecraft only comes up with the "Sorry, unable to start Minecraft."...