Minecraft for Windows Will not Download From Xbox App or Windows Store - Gamepass

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows Will not Download From Xbox App or Windows Store - Gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I cannot download Minecraft for Windows (not java). However I try : Windows Store, Xbox App, Minecraft Launcher it downloads about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ev0., Nov 11, 2021.

1. Ev0.
    Ev0. Guest

Minecraft for Windows Will not Download From Xbox App or Windows Store - Gamepass

Hello everyone,

I cannot download Minecraft for Windows (not java). However I try : Windows Store, Xbox App, Minecraft Launcher it downloads about 2.5MB and says "Something Unexpected Happened". I found an error code : 0x80073CF9.

I've tried:

• Rebooting
    • Clearing the Windows Store cache
    • Get-AppxPackage commands
    • DISM checks and sfc /scannow
    • Windows Updates
    • Connected to my Mobile Hotspot to prove its not my network
    I can download any other app, for example I updated all my windows apps. Downloaded both AmongUs and Back4Blood no problem.

I downloaded Minecraft Java edition, but not played it.

I'm running Windows 11. I checked the event logs and Event 1001 - StoreAgentDownloadFailure1 but not sure if this is helpful.

I can't find anything which exactly matches my issue.

Please help, I can't see where the files are downloading either so its hard to know what is stopping this.

:)

2. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC

download the xbox beta app for windows 10 then get it that way, it is available from the windows store and is in gamepass for pc too.
  3. Helio1600 Win User

Can't download Minecraft Dungeons or Minecraft for Windows 10

Heya,

The Xbox App has the store integrated into it. Minecraft Dungeons is currently on gamepass which would explain why you get sent to the Xbox App.

If you're having trouble downloading on Windows 10 you can access the store via a internet browser.
  4. yobrizo Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - 3 months

Hello. the simplest option is from the windows store app and there you redeem the three-month code and download the game pass games. the other option is to install the xbox beta app for pc disponiblke also in the windows store. I imagine you mean how you
    sign up for the gamepass. because once redeemed, or in the windows store or in the xbox beta app
  5. Ev0. Win User

[​IMG]

Here is a gif of the launcher failing to download the game.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Minecraft Launcher and the website tell me to buy Game Pass for PC even though I have Ultimate

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try downloading Minecraft Launcher on ONLY MICROSOFT STORE on your friend's or family member windows desktop/laptop using your account. 2nd Sign in the account that you own the gamepass to the minecraft java. The game will verify that you own the gamepass then you're processed when it says "play with gamepass" than the demo version. Final step is to download minecraft launcher on your MacOS from minecraft(dot)net/download then download the MacOS version and after downloaded you sign in with gamepass account then you're done.

I'm saying to download from MS store on your friend's or family's windows pc is because the MS store version will actually validate your gamepass than the minecraft.net version. After you've validate on your windows you can go to your Mac and download from minecraft.net/download for macOS then sign in the account that you own the gamepass.

Credit - ZSpiffyGamerZ
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Windows Will not Download From Xbox App or Windows Store - Gamepass - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows Download

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. [Minecraft for Windows 11] Error Signing In After Downloading on New Device

in XBoX Accessibility
    [Minecraft for Windows 11] Error Signing In After Downloading on New Device: Hello! I recently downloaded Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on a new computer that runs Windows 11, after already owning it on an older device that ran Windows 10. When I try to sign into my Microsoft...
  4. i cannot download maps on minecraft windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot download maps on minecraft windows: i recently purchased the game and was able to download some maps. then tried to download again some maps and the bar makes zero progress 295a3dbd-81a9-49b8-964f-93dd83acf10c
  5. Can't download Minecraft for windows (Bedrock edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Minecraft for windows (Bedrock edition): Hey guys, having trouble downloading any form of the Minecraft bedrock edition on PC. The Java edition is fine and works properly. Running Windows 11. have been through most troubleshooting...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.: I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it...
  7. Can I download minecraft on Xbox if I own it on windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download minecraft on Xbox if I own it on windows: I am wondering if I can download my copy of bedrock edition minecraft on Xbox if I own it on windows. 1755c405-224e-407f-b754-585b8578c978
  8. Minecraft For Windows Download Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft For Windows Download Error: When I click "Install" on the Minecraft for Windows in the Minecraft Launcher, it says "Error" on the bottom. I'm on Windows 11 I already tried : -Repairing Minecraft launcher from settings...
  9. how to download minecraft java edition (window 10 user)+how to login xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to download minecraft java edition (window 10 user)+how to login xbox: i bought minecraft window 10 and i wanna play java edition but i don't know how my friend bought java edition and she downloaded window 10 version to i looked for java edition but i couldn't...
  10. cant download minecraft window 10 version with free code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download minecraft window 10 version with free code: I bought minecraft pc version a few days ago and it says it comes with a free version of minecraft windows 10, but when i get the code and try to use it , it says it has been used before and i...