Minecraft for windows not installing

Discus and support Minecraft for windows not installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Minecraft for windows will not install no matter what, it is stuck on "waiting for install" on the launcher. However, java will install and run first... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joshbot1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Joshbot1
    Joshbot1 Guest

Minecraft for windows will not install no matter what, it is stuck on "waiting for install" on the launcher. However, java will install and run first time every time. I've tried updating windows, updating my graphics drivers, repairing both the microsoft store and Xbox app, reinstalled both apps, restarted Xbox gaming services and store services, reset and cleared microsoft store cache, installed "Minecraft for windows + launcher", completely removed every trace of the word "Minecraft" from my pc, everything.

From the Xbox app, it will appear "installed", but then not even attempt to launch, after which will reset and say it is not installed. Microsoft store will not allow it to be installed, and the Minecraft launcher will, not matter what the Xbox or store apps say, will always be stuck on "waiting for install". What's the most frustrating is that there is no error code or anything to go off of.

Is there no way to force the .exe, or any other workaround?

:)

Joshbot1, Jun 8, 2023
  2. YuliaL24 Win User

Miencraft for windows 10 not working

It shows MInecraft for Windows but If I click install it shows error, but I have it on the XBOX interface for windows, is the same as just minecraft for windows?
  3. SammyVS Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition not installing

Search for ''Minecraft Launcher'' in the Xbox app, install, log in with your Microsoft account on the launcher, select Minecraft For Windows and install.
  4. foxer. Win User

Previously purchased Minecraft not showing in Microsoft Store

I'm using freshly installed Windows 10, I reset the store and restarted, but this didn't change anything. Then I installed the Minecraft launcher, I logged in with my Microsoft account and it provided me the options for three versions with following buttons:

Minecraft Java Edition / Play demo

Minecraft For Windows / Install

Minecraft Dungeons / Buy Now

When I installed the Windows version the "Install" button turned to "Play", but when I launch the game it asks me to "Sign in" and then to "Unlock Full Game" by buying Starter or Master Collection.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Installing Minecraft on Windows 10

Did you buy "Minecraft" or "Minecraft for Windows 10"? "Minecraft" is the console version and it sounds like it's looking for a console to install it on.
  6. Ebad_H Win User

Minecraft Launcher won't install

I currently have Minecraft for windows 10 installed
Thema:

1. Minecraft for windows not installing - Similar Threads - Minecraft windows installing

2. error 80070490 when installing minecraft on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error 80070490 when installing minecraft on Windows 11: It seems that I purchased Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition. I tried to install it and i get the following error. 80070490 Any clue as to why this is happening? Thanks....
  3. Minecraft for Windows edition not installing on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows edition not installing on my PC: Hello, so a few days ago I got the PC Game Pass, also I bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition, but when I tried to install the Minecraft for Windows edition, it starts downloading, but it...
  4. I can't install Minecraft for Windows on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Minecraft for Windows on my PC: I've been going at this on and off for about 4 months now, whenever I download Minecraft for Windows on the XBOX app using Game pass Ultimate, it starts to download and then gives me the error...
  5. I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for 3 days now, I have the Minecraft launcher but every time I try to install the windows version it says "waiting on install" and it...
  6. Why won't Minecraft for windows install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft for windows install?: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for the past 3 hours now and it has been stuck on Downloading 96.86 MB / 96.86 MB for about 30 minutes. It seems like its having a hard...
  7. Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is minecraft bedrock installation stuck on idle? I have Minecraft launcher for windows...: I do not know how this happened but it was working before I uninstalled it. When I decided to reinstall, it no longer works, so therefore it shows idle. ec4090b2-0ebf-450a-a563-71d57a8c592f
  8. How do i install Minecraft windows 10 edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i install Minecraft windows 10 edition again?: After uninstalling minecraft windows 10 edition i tried downloading it again but kept getting the error code 0x8007d05 on the microsoft store, the xbox app, and the minecraft launcher....
  9. Cannot install Minecraft for Windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Minecraft for Windows.: Hello, I am having a very frustrating issue where I cannot install minecraft for windows. When I try to download the game from the launcher, it freezes at ~817 MB. A few moments later an 'Error'...
  10. minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation': so when i try click install it does nothing and replaces the install with 'waiting for installation'. ive reset my whole pc and the problem doesnt work, ive tried on my laptop to see if it will...