Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple...

Discus and support Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; some context, for starters; this started when RTX came out of Beta and the beta program closed. haven't found a PBR resource pack that this doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ESebele, Nov 5, 2022.

1. ESebele
    ESebele Guest

Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple...

some context, for starters;

• this started when RTX came out of Beta and the beta program closed.
    • haven't found a PBR resource pack that this doesn't happen with.
    • happens in windowed, and full screen.
    • the reason I have brought it to the windows forum: the green leaf icon appears in task manager on the Minecraft app directly before it crashes while loading the world. Also when it finally loads it includes the message "Resource Pack Fallback; Low memory, Textures will have reduced level of detail." while not consuming more than 1GB of my RAM.
    • (also note that this does not happen when loading the world while RTX is off, but turning it on after loading the world frequently causes a crash)
    • I have updated my graphics drivers
    • My power settings are on 'Performance', but let me know what may be important and I could double check. Some settings are customized.
    Could the leaf be causing this issue? Searching back a bit, most questions about this eco symbol are brushed off as "don't worry about it" and the threads are locked.

Could it be something limiting the resource allocation to Minecraft? Again, searching back, all questions regarding RAM allocation to Bedrock Minecraft for Windows is brushed off with "it will be automatic, don't worry about it." But the game says Low Memory or crashes while only using ~1GB.

https://youtu.be/6IyBSWNxxP4

System:

i7 8700k (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***)

32GB RAM 3200MHz

RTX 3080 Gaming OC 10GB

Windows 10 Home

:)

ESebele, Nov 5, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple times before finally loading.

Hello ESebele,

Thank you for your response and sharing the troubleshooting steps you performed. This will be helpful with the rest of the community members.

To answer your question, Specific hardware and application is much better delt by the manufacturer and developer themselves. They are the most capable person to diagnose this type of issue.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple times before finally loading.

Hello ESebele,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on my own understanding the game crashes few times before it is completely playable. There are many factors that may cause this issue, it could be drivers, permissions, conflicting apps or a corrupted system file. The green leaf icon indicates for eco mode. This suspends process to improve system performance.

Let me see how I can assist you with his concern.

I'd like to ask a few questions to better grasp the situation:

• Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Is this happening from other games as well?
    Meanwhile, here are some steps we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Method 1 is to perform a clean boot, this process allows you to start Windows with minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If there are apps that may blocked the app process this could help. Please follow the link below for the steps.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com)

Method 2 is making sure your Windows OS running with the latest version. Open your Settings Menu, then go to Windows Update and Check for the latest update, download and install them.

You may also want to check these articles below related to this error that you are getting.

[MCPE-161157] Resource Pack Fallback. Low memory, textures will have a reduced level of detail - Jira (mojang.com)

[MCPE-160492] Texture Packs show Resource Pack Fallback when entering a world - Jira (mojang.com)

Once we receive your answers to the questions above, we may suggest additional troubleshooting measures.

Looking Forward for your next reply.
  4. ESebele Win User

Hello ,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Based on my own understanding the game crashes few times before it is completely playable. There are many factors that may cause this issue, it could be drivers, permissions, conflicting apps or a corrupted system file. The green leaf icon indicates for eco mode. This suspends process to improve system performance.

Let me see how I can assist you with his concern.

I'd like to ask a few questions to better grasp the situation:

• Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Is this happening from other games as well?
    Meanwhile, here are some steps we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Method 1 is to perform a clean boot, this process allows you to start Windows with minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If there are apps that may blocked the app process this could help. Please follow the link below for the steps.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows (microsoft.com)

Method 2 is making sure your Windows OS running with the latest version. Open your Settings Menu, then go to Windows Update and Check for the latest update, download and install them.

You may also want to check these articles below related to this error that you are getting.

[MCPE-161157] Resource Pack Fallback. Low memory, textures will have a reduced level of detail - Jira (mojang.com)

[MCPE-160492] Texture Packs show Resource Pack Fallback when entering a world - Jira (mojang.com)

Once we receive your answers to the questions above, we may suggest additional troubleshooting measures.

Looking Forward for your next reply.
    Device is a custom built desktop and specs are in the bottom of the post.

Version is 21H2 (build 19044.2130) Windows 10 Home

This is not currently happening in any other games, they are all stable.

Tried a clean boot and it did seem to fix the crashing. I'm afraid that the next steps are probably to re-enable the apps and processes one at a time and see which one crashes Minecraft?

===EDIT===

Well, that took no time at all! It's the Corsair app that is causing the crash. I started by enabling just the two hardware controller apps from Corsair and Logitech and sure enough the crashing began again, so I disabled one of the two randomly (corsair) and the crashing went away. So I went through the steps and reset the computer to normal boot status, enabling the same as before, all except the Corsair app, and voila. Problem solved, kinda.

Are we able to work on identifying the cause of the issue between an RGB controller app and a game engine in this forum? I can just try out a Corsair forum or support if nobody would know what to do here.
  5. SethToth Win User

Serious FPS issues when using RTX in any game.

It’s only Minecraft bedrock when I use the ray tracing feature on the RTX worlds by NVIDIA.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Why can't I see any of my Minecraft worlds to back them up?

In the Bedrock Edition, each Minecraft World has its own separate folder and is located at games/com. mojang/minecraftWorlds location on Windows 11/10
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Windows Minecraft

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?: When I was trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my windows computer, the game was stuck at 34% on the loading screen and sometimes it goes to 40% and then completely freezes. After it stays...
  4. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  5. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  6. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  7. I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me: I have Minecraft for windows but want to play Java and should have Java can I please get some help 4a283be3-2e4a-4dcc-bcf4-21c3679a8289
  8. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  9. Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?: It is on the same account as before It is in the purchase history Have tried reinstalling app store and repairing the minecraft luancher The store says it is owned Followed the prompts to but...
  10. Minecraft for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows: Hello. I have a question. So I own a copy of Minecraft on my Xbox(Console). I thought you could play Minecraft for windows(im pretty sure) if you had minecraft on an Xbox trough you microsoft...