minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation'

Discus and support minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation' in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so when i try click install it does nothing and replaces the install with 'waiting for installation'. ive reset my whole pc and the problem doesnt... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Garson Fogarty-Pryor, May 26, 2023.

1. minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation'

so when i try click install it does nothing and replaces the install with 'waiting for installation'.

ive reset my whole pc and the problem doesnt work, ive tried on my laptop to see if it will download it and it works on the laptop, another thing to add is that when i open the launcher sometimes it says 'there is an update available. restart the launcher to play on the most recent version' and when i do restart it nothing happens.

after a bit of troubleshooting i think i found the problem: i believe my minecraft launcher isnt synced with my microsoft store/xbox app but ive tried every guide, every youtube video to sync the two and cant find anything helpful.

any help would be nice my friends just started a realm two days ago and ive been trying to fix this ever since
    minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation' [​IMG]

minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation' [​IMG]

:)

Garson Fogarty-Pryor, May 26, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation'

Thank you for the information. Are you trying to install the Minecraft Java Edition or the Minecraft Bedrock Edition?

If you're trying to install the Bedrock Edition, try to install the game itself without using the Launcher. Simply search Minecraft for Windows on Xbox app or Microsoft Store.

You could as well try to install the Launcher from the web here https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download
  3. Garson Fogarty-Pryor Win User

ok so yes ive downloaded a few games while trying to solve this issue and they have downloaded correctly

my minecraft, xbox and microsoft store are all signed in on the same account

my windows is fully up to date

i have no 3rd party antivirus installed

ive have verified the files of minecraft launcher

i have reset all related applications

i appreciate your help on this if theres any other questions you have to help troubleshoot ask away.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi Garson!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

To isolate the issue, I will be asking few questions.

Have you tried downloading or installing a different game from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app if you could install it successfully?

Did you try to install the game directly from the Microsoft Store and Xbox app?

Be sure to sign in the same Microsoft account on your Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If you have installed a 3rd party anti-virus software, please try to disable it temporarily.

Try as well to verify and repair your game:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Then repair/reset your Microsoft Store and Xbox app.

Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...
  5. Garson Fogarty-Pryor Win User

hey man thanks for the quick response

im trying to install bedrock as my friend play on xbox and i cant crossplay with java

i have already tried install from the web and installing bedrock from ms and xbox app.

sorry this is quite difficult for me to understand the issue and im sure its harder for you trying to solve it but thankyou
  6. bbcnews Win User

xbox minecraft

wait so if go to the microsoft store and click on minecraft it says install on my devices does that mean that i can only play it on the xbox? and i just checked the card with the code and it says xboxone/windows 10
Thema:

1. minecraft for windows 10 not starting installation, just says 'waiting for installation' - Similar Threads - minecraft windows starting

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft bedrock for windows not loading?: When I was trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my windows computer, the game was stuck at 34% on the loading screen and sometimes it goes to 40% and then completely freezes. After it stays...
  4. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  5. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  6. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  7. I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have minecraft for windows but not Java can you please help me: I have Minecraft for windows but want to play Java and should have Java can I please get some help 4a283be3-2e4a-4dcc-bcf4-21c3679a8289
  8. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  9. Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for windows Is saying I do not own the full game when I do, can I have some help?: It is on the same account as before It is in the purchase history Have tried reinstalling app store and repairing the minecraft luancher The store says it is owned Followed the prompts to but...
  10. Minecraft for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows: Hello. I have a question. So I own a copy of Minecraft on my Xbox(Console). I thought you could play Minecraft for windows(im pretty sure) if you had minecraft on an Xbox trough you microsoft...