Minecraft for Mac OS and PC is suddenly pointing to the wrong account.

Discus and support Minecraft for Mac OS and PC is suddenly pointing to the wrong account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This just happened a few days ago. The game suddenly began to point me to an invalid account. When I attempted to switch accounts so that I can play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pat_232, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Pat_232
    Pat_232 Guest

This just happened a few days ago. The game suddenly began to point me to an invalid account. When I attempted to switch accounts so that I can play something other than Demo mode, it directs me back to the wrong account even though it accepts my login credentials. This is also true on my PC. I've tried updating my launcher, changed passwords, etc. I accessed my Microsoft account and verified that I do have the bedrock and java games active and under the correct account name, but whenever I try to access it, the game automatically points me to the wrong account.

I appreciate any help you can give me. Right now I can't play the game at all.

:)

Pat_232, Nov 27, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi Pat_232,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you have issues with your Minecraft account. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • If you are on a PC, may I ask for Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    Please see this article as well: Minecraft: Java Edition Demo Mode – Home

If you are Stuck on the Demo of Minecraft: Java Edition

There are two possible scenarios here that will appear in the launcher as such:

• You migrated your Mojang account to a Microsoft account and logged in using the wrong account type. If you have migrated your Mojang account, you must use your Microsoft account to log in.
    • You purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after December 1, 2020, and logged in using the wrong account type. If you purchased after that date, you MUST use your Microsoft account to log in.
    Please try to login with your Microsoft Account here: Log in | Minecraft

[​IMG]

This will show the games you owned.

Try to access the game from here.

In regards with the MACs troubleshooting, I recommend raise this concern with Minecraft Support.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Fredrik Killengreen Win User

Minecraft

What if I want to play Minecraft on a other PC after purchasing it on my own account? For example Lenovo to Mac, or Dell to Asus.
  5. SparkStormrider Win User

internet explorer for xbox live

Hmm...after writing what I said in previous post, I am having a hard time finding the article stating that they are only supporting PCs and Macs. I maybe wrong on this point.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

xbox & mac book pro

No, the Xbox Minecraft servers are not accessible by PC or Mac versions of the game.
Thema:

1. Minecraft for Mac OS and PC is suddenly pointing to the wrong account. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Mac suddenly

2. Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase Minecraft for Mac using Microsoft gift card: I want to get Minecraft for my Mac and I have Microsoft gift cards available. Is there any way to get the Minecraft using the Microsoft gift card? What if I get Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition...
  3. Minecraft will not let me play Multiplayer due to Microsoft account settings (Mac OS)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft will not let me play Multiplayer due to Microsoft account settings (Mac OS): I have not been able to play minecraft multiplayer on Java due to microsoft account settings. I followed a tutorial on youtube on how to fix that problem. The tutorial led me to the microsoft...
  4. Purchased the incorrect Minecraft version for PC. I need version for MAC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased the incorrect Minecraft version for PC. I need version for MAC.: My son just today purchased and downloaded the incorrect Minecraft version. He bought the version for PC, we need the version for MAC. How do I make this simple exchange?! Thanks, Nancy...
  5. minecraft bedrock edition on Mac pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock edition on Mac pc?: We bought Minecraft Deluxe Collection, but we can only play Java Edition on our MAC PC. Can you help us to download Bedrock edition? 920a5dbb-9a2a-4578-93d2-abda371522fb
  6. Getting Minecraft Bedrock and Java when own Java on Mac

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting Minecraft Bedrock and Java when own Java on Mac: Many years ago, I purchased Minecraft Java for a Mac with a Mojang account. I have migrated on the Mac to a Microsoft account and all good. I've been aware that I can download Minecraft on my...
  7. "Let's go" button doesn't work after I download minecraft launcher on Mac

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Let's go" button doesn't work after I download minecraft launcher on Mac: I'm trying to buy Minecraft through the launcher on my mac, but after I try to create a gamer tag on the Xbox page, my let's go button doesn't work. I've tried waiting and clicking it repeatedly,...
  8. Joining Minecraft Realm on Mac

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Joining Minecraft Realm on Mac: My boyfriend is sitting right next to me on his PS5 and I see him clicking "Invite" next to my Gamertag. No matter what I try (restarting computer, logging in and out of Microsoft account, closing...
  9. Can't install Minecraft on Mac

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Minecraft on Mac: Hi everyone, I'm new here. I had Minecraft installed since May, but I recently had to reset my computer to a backup I made where Minecraft is not on it. I am having trouble reinstalling MC/MC...
  10. Mac crashing modded Minecraft 1.16.5 Star Worm Equestrian Mod.

in XBoX on Windows
    Mac crashing modded Minecraft 1.16.5 Star Worm Equestrian Mod.: Hi I am on a MacOS Apple M2. To begin and I have created a forge profile with the Star Worm Equestrian Mod, Star Worm Decor Mod and Star Worm Lighting Mod (1.16.5). Every time I try to load it, it...