Minecraft don't open when I press play

Discus and support Minecraft don't open when I press play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought minecraft and when I press play on the launcher nothing seems to happend. My minecraft is up to date so I don't understand what is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MatiasEllingsen, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Minecraft don't open when I press play

I just bought minecraft and when I press play on the launcher nothing seems to happend. My minecraft is up to date so I don't understand what is happening

Here is my game output when starting minecraft:

12:44:44.790

Preparing to launch minecraft client for 1.18.1

12:44:44.808

Prepared asset index

12:44:48.027

Have 3091 total files to check or download

12:44:48.030

Waiting for 3091 futures

12:44:54.736

Minecraft client 1.18.1 is ready to start.

Starting!

Nothing to download!

Downloading Java Runtime java-runtime-beta:17.0.1.12.1

12:44:54.915

Extracting 8 files!

12:44:55.853

Using default game log configuration client-1.12.xml (outputs XML)

:)

MatiasEllingsen, Dec 31, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey MatiasEllinsen, how are you today? hope you're well.

Matias, there are a few things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. medium bloke Win User

Game in Main Tile on Home screen starts whenever backing out of any app or menu.

It will open your last played game usually.

For example, if I pressed B on the dashboard, it would open Battlefield 4, but if I then wanted to play Minecraft, and then quit it, and pressed B, it should open Minecraft again.
  4. Ignas Sakalauskas Win User

Microsoft account got haked

I can see what email it is when I open microsoft or minecraft launcher and press on my account, it show that email.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft new launcer wont open when i press install

Hi LUKE! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Open Start, type: powershell
    Right click PowerShell
    Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Exit Powershell then restart.
    -----------------------------
    After this Install the Xbox app again and follow this steps:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

Reboot PC

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Clear and reset Store cache in Windows:

Step 1: Close Windows Store app if it’s running.
    Step 2: In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.
    Step 3: Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option.
    Step 4: restart Pc and Modem/router

then

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    Restart your device and try to install the game again.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft new launcer wont open when i press install

Thanks for the feedback, glad to know it works, have a great day
Thema:

1. Minecraft don't open when I press play - Similar Threads - Minecraft don't open

2. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  3. I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't have access to one of my minecraft accounts email and password and minecraft.net...: I also have my transaction ID and the date that I bought the account. Also I have the card that I used to purchase the account. c7d985d8-7b02-4a7a-af28-4a74f200f19b
  4. how do I fix my minecraft realms and multiplayer as they don't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I fix my minecraft realms and multiplayer as they don't work: I am unable to select multiplayer and Minecraft realms. My age on Microsoft accounts is above 18 and there is no one else connected. I have tried blocking and re-allowing permissions. nothing...
  5. Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is saying I don't own the full game when I do. Can I have some help: I have tried Reinstalling minecraft Repairing the luancher Reseting the store Following the promts(cannot rebuy the starter or master) Microsoft store says I own it as well...
  6. I don't know the email for my microsoft account with witch I have purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know the email for my microsoft account with witch I have purchased Minecraft Java...: Recently I got a new computer and decided to do a clean install, and not keep any of my previous data. With that, my microsoft account, which had always been logged in, was essentially lost as I...
  7. I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account: every time it just says to go microsoft.com/link with a code but the site doesn't come up e57ff827-b4e9-4068-93b6-62f1bbddb685
  8. I bought Minecraft but it say I don't have it now

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought Minecraft but it say I don't have it now: I bought Minecraft a while ago I played it everyday but one day when i logged to my Minecraft account with my email it said I don't own it. I bought Minecraft java and bedrock together on...
  9. I used to use pirated Minecraft but I don't use it anymore what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I used to use pirated Minecraft but I don't use it anymore what should I do?: I used to use pirated Minecraft but I don't use it anymore and I feel bad for it so what should I do 093b35bd-e5bb-49d1-aae6-aa07b792e07d
  10. My worlds in Minecraft don't open, appears: "Unable to load your world"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My worlds in Minecraft don't open, appears: "Unable to load your world": Hi, I'm an Xbox One gamer and I have frequent issues with Minecraft. When I open one of my worlds, it says "Unable to load your world" and then I click again and nothing happens and I can't get...