Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client

Discus and support Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I want to create my own minecraft java edition server with mods, however, for a convenient game and updating of mods, I will need to create a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J_Kee, Jun 30, 2022.

  1. J_Kee
    J_Kee Guest

    Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client


    Hi all. I want to create my own minecraft java edition server with mods, however, for a convenient game and updating of mods, I will need to create a custom launcher for the game and place it on my site. This launcher will most likely allow you to enter the game without first purchasing a licensed copy of the minecraft game. I want to know if it is possible to do this and if Microsoft will punish me for this. Thank you for your attention.

    :)
     
    J_Kee, Jun 30, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today j_kee

    That's highly posible, you're going to break digital rights management's, and even more of your going to monetize that server

    The only way to create a own Java edition is creating the game from the scratch, with your own resources and programing it by yourself

    Hope is helps
  3. IceStorm III Win User

    Dedicated servers vs legacy online gaming

    The old way was dedicated servers. That's how PC gaming worked.

    Consoles don't have a way to dedicate a console as a gameserver, nor would most want to (ties up a console and a copy of the game). Devs came up with ways to run the server on the same device as one of the clients. While there are some true peer-to-peer multiplayer
    titles, most are the client-as-server model.

    Client-as-server has issues. It means the client functioning as the server has to have enough upload bandwidth to serve all the clients. It also means if the client-as-server device crashes or goes offline the game collapses. Dedicated servers don't have these
    issues.
  4. Count Nachos Win User

    Think they will ever fix these connection issues?

    Dedicated servers - Hell yeah, as long as they use server side hit detection, not client side.
  5. Satsumo Win User

    developers using azure cloud computing?

    Totally agree with @Burst.

    @Biscuit - yes the servers take up resources, but the Azure servers aren't just for gaming. MS is committed to them running for a wide range of clients/processes. It's certainly more efficient to use the Azure servers than dedicated servers - and will
    lead to longer life of games (if gamers still play the game). It's "dedicated" servers that are a potential waste of resource.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

    Will Xbox One and the new dedicated servers vanquish NAT issues?

    [quote user="Burst Axe"]From my outlook "Open" means everyone can connect[/quote]While you can say that, it has no meaning. That's not what the term means with respect to NAT/PAT.
    and if you can connect to XBL you can connect to anyone
    One never
    connects console to console in a dedicated server configuration. One's console connects to the dedicated server and that's it. All communication for the game is from multiple clients to a single server. By definition, you do not "connect to anyone", your console only
    connects to Microsoft.



    This distinction is important. With the 360, people are being DoS'ed or DDoS'ed because the "server" console's communication with all other player consoles exposes those player's IP addresses to the server. It's a trivial matter to harvest that information
    and then do bad things with it. In a dedicated server environment, that's no longer possible. The only communication that takes place is from one's console to the dedicated server. 64 players on a dedicated server? None of the 64 player consoles would ever
    communicate with any other player console.
    because its essentially MS hosting everything instead of worrying about individual P2P connections.
    Microsoft is providing dedicated server facilities as an option. Game developers are not being forced
    to use Azure. It appears they're maintaining the option that current-day 360 titles use - ad-hoc election of a server console during match creation.



    Also, there are very few true P2P games on the 360. Most are ad-hoc client/server where one console is elected the server for a match and the rest are clients.
Thema:

Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client

Loading...
  1. Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client - Similar Threads - Minecraft dedicated server

  2. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  3. Will the XBOX disc to digital work for Minecraft: Xbox One Edition?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will the XBOX disc to digital work for Minecraft: Xbox One Edition?: I have an XBOX one and I enjoy playing the older version of Minecraft but I have a Series S and so I cant play as I only own the disc submitted by /u/Designer_Meat_4989 [link] [comments]
  4. Giving out 2 copies of Minecraft legend

    in XboX Insiders
    Giving out 2 copies of Minecraft legend: Just got scammed on g2a but anyway here's two copies of Minecraft legends X2FX6-WQ9D2-MTVVK-XQ9PG-2DPCZ FWHHD-HHM34-C7W4J-FJD9D-J2CDZ Have fun yall submitted by /u/martinood [link] [comments]
  5. Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X: As of the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead build (2608.260630-1105), I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I've checked the PlayFab and Xbox server statuses, but they reported no...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock Builder for Hire

    in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Bedrock Builder for Hire: ️ Minecraft Bedrock Builder for Hire Hi! I'm ITzSpikeyXG, and I'm looking for building commissions on Minecraft Bedrock Edition. I can build: - Spawn hubs - Survival bases & houses - Towns &...
  7. Jornada de Minecraft em busca de zerar o jogo

    in XboX Insiders
    Jornada de Minecraft em busca de zerar o jogo: Hoje foi um dia bem legal hoje é sábado eu quase não fiz nada só fiquei jogando Minecraft jogando brawl stars formando Gema jogando Minecraft no mundo no modo difícil é bem legal hoje é dia 30 e a...
  8. A fix to your xbox and minecraft problems

    in XboX Insiders
    A fix to your xbox and minecraft problems: Many people have had problems on the xbox insiders hub where they cannot find the minecraft tab to play minecraft previews. I have found a solution. If you download it from the xbox app onto your...
  9. My minecraft is not using my dedicated GPU

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft is not using my dedicated GPU: I have an RX 6500M and when I try to play minecraft its not using the dedicated gpu but the integrated gpu is being used and when i tried to disable my integrated gpu, minecraft gave an error...
  10. My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.: Hi so I logged into my friends server and it said when i tried to chat "chat disabled due to missing profile public key. please try reconnecting. this is minecraft java by the way. i tried...