Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client

Discus and support Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I want to create my own minecraft java edition server with mods, however, for a convenient game and updating of mods, I will need to create a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J_Kee, Jun 30, 2022.

1. J_Kee
    J_Kee Guest

Hi all. I want to create my own minecraft java edition server with mods, however, for a convenient game and updating of mods, I will need to create a custom launcher for the game and place it on my site. This launcher will most likely allow you to enter the game without first purchasing a licensed copy of the minecraft game. I want to know if it is possible to do this and if Microsoft will punish me for this. Thank you for your attention.

:)

J_Kee, Jun 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today j_kee

That's highly posible, you're going to break digital rights management's, and even more of your going to monetize that server

The only way to create a own Java edition is creating the game from the scratch, with your own resources and programing it by yourself

Hope is helps
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Dedicated servers vs legacy online gaming

The old way was dedicated servers. That's how PC gaming worked.

Consoles don't have a way to dedicate a console as a gameserver, nor would most want to (ties up a console and a copy of the game). Devs came up with ways to run the server on the same device as one of the clients. While there are some true peer-to-peer multiplayer
    titles, most are the client-as-server model.

Client-as-server has issues. It means the client functioning as the server has to have enough upload bandwidth to serve all the clients. It also means if the client-as-server device crashes or goes offline the game collapses. Dedicated servers don't have these
    issues.
  4. Count Nachos Win User

Think they will ever fix these connection issues?

Dedicated servers - Hell yeah, as long as they use server side hit detection, not client side.
  5. Satsumo Win User

developers using azure cloud computing?

Totally agree with @Burst.

@Biscuit - yes the servers take up resources, but the Azure servers aren't just for gaming. MS is committed to them running for a wide range of clients/processes. It's certainly more efficient to use the Azure servers than dedicated servers - and will
    lead to longer life of games (if gamers still play the game). It's "dedicated" servers that are a potential waste of resource.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Will Xbox One and the new dedicated servers vanquish NAT issues?

[quote user="Burst Axe"]From my outlook "Open" means everyone can connect[/quote]While you can say that, it has no meaning. That's not what the term means with respect to NAT/PAT.
    and if you can connect to XBL you can connect to anyone
    One never
    connects console to console in a dedicated server configuration. One's console connects to the dedicated server and that's it. All communication for the game is from multiple clients to a single server. By definition, you do not "connect to anyone", your console only
    connects to Microsoft.

This distinction is important. With the 360, people are being DoS'ed or DDoS'ed because the "server" console's communication with all other player consoles exposes those player's IP addresses to the server. It's a trivial matter to harvest that information
    and then do bad things with it. In a dedicated server environment, that's no longer possible. The only communication that takes place is from one's console to the dedicated server. 64 players on a dedicated server? None of the 64 player consoles would ever
    communicate with any other player console.
    because its essentially MS hosting everything instead of worrying about individual P2P connections.
    Microsoft is providing dedicated server facilities as an option. Game developers are not being forced
    to use Azure. It appears they're maintaining the option that current-day 360 titles use - ad-hoc election of a server console during match creation.

Also, there are very few true P2P games on the 360. Most are ad-hoc client/server where one console is elected the server for a match and the rest are clients.
Thema:

1. Minecraft dedicated server with a modified client - Similar Threads - Minecraft dedicated server

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  4. How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore a Minecraft World, but with no previous version Restore button: Hello, I have been having this problem for two days now. When I create a minecraft World (bedrock edition on windows 11), it just disappears the next day. I have read previous threads and watched...
  5. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  6. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  7. Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiplayer Function in Minecraft on PC: I want to buy Minecraft on my PC to play online with my friends but I don't know if the Multiplayer function on PC is free or costs extra money. Also, I already own Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my...
  8. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  9. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  10. My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft won't let me chat in this dedicated server could I get some help please.: Hi so I logged into my friends server and it said when i tried to chat "chat disabled due to missing profile public key. please try reconnecting. this is minecraft java by the way. i tried...