Minecraft crash exit code: -1073740791 (modded java version- sky factory 4)

Discus and support Minecraft crash exit code: -1073740791 (modded java version- sky factory 4) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my modded minecraft (Sky Factory 4) will just close and return an ERROR box that states: An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Asterrameth, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Asterrameth
    Asterrameth Guest

Hello, my modded minecraft (Sky Factory 4) will just close and return an ERROR box that states:

An unexpected issue occurred and the game has crashed. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

This crash may be caused by an out-of-date graphics driver or conflicts with screen recording software. Please ensure your graphics driver is up-to-date and disable or uninstall any screen recording software in use.

I first saw this show up a couple of days ago and i promptly went ahead and updated my drivers as a new one had released only a few days prior however, it has not fixed the issue. Additionally i do not have/use screen recording software. There was one bundled into my graphics driver software as a part of an "ingame overlay" but i disabled it when I got the computer earlier this year.

I am using Windows 11 Home version 22H2

basic specs are:

• 12th gen Intel I7-12700KF 3.60 GHz
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (driver version 527.56)
    • 32Gb RAM (I like to allocate 9gb to the game as sky factory uses it all up otherwise - i had a crash issue blue screening my system due to minecraft pulling more memory than java was allowed)
    Aside from the prior driver update I have not really had much success finding alternative solutions. Online searches give me result from 5+ years ago refering to old launchers and none relevant to my specific exit code. I did ultimately find 1 person with the same issue from 2017, they entered the wrong code initially so I didnt look first. So far as i can find by reading that thread the issue wasnt solved. I cannot update my drivers as they are up to date and this issue occurred on the previous driver anyway which is why i did the update.

A quick sidenote, the error box has a link "Click here for more information" but it has no information, it takes me to a page discussing error codes for the bedrock edition. I play on java so that's meaningless.

:)

Asterrameth, Dec 15, 2022
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Asterrameth,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us.

We understand your desire in playing Minecraft (Sky Factory 4). However, changes to Minecraft, or "mods," are available via several third-party web sites. These mods can add or remove content from the game or modify the way it is played. Since Modding is not officially supported, Minecraft Support cannot help with problems arising from the use of mods. See Mods for Minecraft: Java Edition for more details.

Kindly reach out to the mods support regarding this issue. Should you need further help, feel free to reach us back in creating a new thread by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Minecraft (and other games) keeps crashing with exit code -1073740791 "outdated graphics driver or conflict with screen recording software"

Hello Daniel Woollard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with Minecraft keeps crashing with this error code: 1073740791. Upon checking my resources here, this error code is usually caused by outdated drivers (especially graphic card driver) or by having the D3DGear installed.
    If you have D3DGear installed on your system, please uninstall it. Also, Minecraft had this issue with a version of the Nvidia graphics driver that was causing Java games to crash.

For more information, please refer to this link: [MC-112780] [Fixed driver available] Game ended with bad state (exit code -1073740791) - Faulty nVidia driver 378.49 - Jira (mojang.com)

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Exit Code -1073740791 (MINECRAFT JAVA)

Well dear, in advance are steps that can solve your problem, remember that any solution is possible for any error that occurs.
  5. Sleepy Boi1 Win User

It was in the report, but I have updated my graphics drivers and cards.

Im dont feel safe about deleting all my game files, as I have a world with very complicated redstone contraptions.

Also, no mods are being used.

Thank you in advance.
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Sleepy B, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you are having problems with Minecraft Java and are seeing the exit code -1073740791.

Here are some steps you could follow to solve the problem:

Update your GPU drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause visual stuttering or game crashes

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Reinstall Java: When there is a problem with Java settings, Minecraft features like speed, attack strength, etc. they affect a lot and an error appears

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Java

Check the launcher path: The game still has a launch path with user ID. So if your user id has a special character, the launcher path will be messed up and stop starting the game

Remove bad/corrupt mods: Many users like to use mods. But sometimes when your game mods have problems, they are not compatible with the game and affect its performance.

Try removing any mods you may have installed and see if the error persists.

Delete all game files: Open the Minecraft launcher, go to “Settings”, select ‍”Open game folder” and delete all files in this folder

Then restart Minecraft.

Adjust the JVM arguments: Open the Minecraft launcher, go to Installations, press the three dots to the right of the game version, select Edit, then go to More options and look for JVM Arguments. Look for the value Xm2G- in the box (at the beginning of the arguments). Switch from 2G to 3G (or higher if you have more RAM)

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Minecraft crash exit code: -1073740791 (modded java version- sky factory 4) - Similar Threads - Minecraft crash exit

2. Minecraft modded keeps on crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft modded keeps on crashing: I'm playing on 1.20.1 forge and every time i try to run it i get exit code 1 even without mods, i tried reinstalling java and watched a lot of tutorials but nothing works crash logs:...
  3. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  4. Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft Crash issue when typing commands: I wonder if someone can help or at least shead some light on what the issue may be. The situation is this. Minecraft / Bedrock on Xbox X been working fine, my son uses it so we can play together...
  5. Minecraft crash code -1073741819

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crash code -1073741819: My minecraft game keep crashing randomly when I play the game, any fixes? Minecraft Java 1.12.2 RX6600xt Windows 11 64-bit AMD Adrenalin Drivers 23.12.1 f3dcfa4d-efd4-414b-850a-44b959059fa7
  6. Multiplayer Minecraft Server Keeps Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiplayer Minecraft Server Keeps Crashing: For the last couple of weeks my Minecraft server will crash after a few minutes of playing on my friends server. My wifi connection is fine and stable, as is my friends but whenever a lag occurs...
  7. Minecraft (and other games) keeps crashing with exit code -1073740791 "outdated graphics...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (and other games) keeps crashing with exit code -1073740791 "outdated graphics...: Every time I try to play 1.20.2 Minecraft java edition, eventually my game crashes to the launcher and gives the exit code -1073740791 and states that this issue is usually caused by an outdated...
  8. Minecraft crashes when going to singleplayer tab, exit code -1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashes when going to singleplayer tab, exit code -1: So basically when I open Minecraft it opens normally and I can to multiplayer play. But when I go to the singleplayer it crashes immediately and it shows exit code -1...
  9. Minecraft crashes when opening, exit code: -1073741819

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashes when opening, exit code: -1073741819: So basically whenever I open minecraft for the first time after turning on the computer, it crashes right after the loading screen and the following exit code appears: -1073741819. But when I...
  10. how to fix minecraft crash exit code -1073741819

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to fix minecraft crash exit code -1073741819: After Im joining every server and then I can play for 5 sec and It crash It alway happen when i join every server I cant play anything 96be862a-5b8c-491f-b477-4033061e9ea4