Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

Discus and support Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jeff-the-chef, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two checkboxes "Friend" or "Favorite" but neither of those *DOES* anything. No matter what I click I'm returned to the Worlds/Friends/Servers window and "Zero" is listed underneath "friends".

My 8yo daughter just wants to play with her friend. Was is this so friggin hard?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I have logged out of everything and logged back in a million times.

:)

jeff-the-chef, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Gibboblackblack Win User

Hi,

I too have the very same problem. I’ve been through the steps above, i’ve opened it up fully, i’ve torn my hair out and put a hole in the wall from banging my head against it.

But more upsetting is i have a small boy desperate to talk to his friends, who’s very upset because we can’t help.

This should be a simple control....It should be easy to find and sort out.......Heeeeelp!!

Thanks,

Gib.
  3. RaczGabor Win User

I can confirm this, logout and login enables the changes. So my son is happy now, me, too.
  4. BillyBunter1 Win User

I had the same issues, going round in circles. Follow the advise on this thread, then go into settings on minecraft and log out of the microsoft account, restart minecraft and log in with the child's account again. It worked for me.
  5. CemK2 Win User

privacy and online settings
    you should make the necessary settings.
  6. GeorgeM223 Win User

Hi Brad, I just went thru these steps om my child's account and it did not work. Do I need to reboot the ipad after I make the changes?

Thank you

George
Thema:

1. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends - Similar Threads - Minecraft child account

2. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  3. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  4. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  5. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  6. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...
  7. Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account: Hello, Today is October 6th, 2023. I have spent roughly 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to enable multiplayer on my two daughters Minecraft java edition account. I have tried all the steps and...
  8. Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...: My old microsoft account was "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" but after it was changed I was unable to log back in. Since my minecraft account was connected to...
  9. My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode: Hi there, I have a parent account and added my son as the child account. It is a great way to monitor screen time, web searches, website visits etc. I love it. I also have a M365 account shared...
  10. Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Restrcting Server Access for Child Account in Minecraft on Xbox: I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek assistance in adjusting the privacy and online safety settings for my child's account on Xbox, specifically regarding their access to...