Minecraft Bedrock LAN World not showing up despite Friend’s tab showing the correct number...

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock LAN World not showing up despite Friend’s tab showing the correct number... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try to join my friends (or my friend tries to join me) it shows the “1” right next to the friends tab but no world shows up. We are on Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jupiter_Nine, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Jupiter_Nine
    Jupiter_Nine Guest

Minecraft Bedrock LAN World not showing up despite Friend’s tab showing the correct number...

Whenever I try to join my friends (or my friend tries to join me) it shows the “1” right next to the friends tab but no world shows up. We are on Xbox and iOS (connect to each others world both ways doesn’t work) I have seen a similar post that seems to have had their problem solved but not an actual solution on how to solve it. Could anyone help us? I also have Xbox live and that didn’t work too as that method showed a “unable to connect to world” error each time we tried

Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now - Microsoft Community

:)

Jupiter_Nine, Dec 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Minecraft Bedrock LAN World not showing up despite Friend’s tab showing the correct number of games running

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jupiter_Nine

I understand that you need help with Minecraft , however they have a dedicated support channel, please reach them here:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

In case you need to know when it’s necessary to reach Microsoft or the dedicated game support please check this article
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Garrison Hansen Win User

Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now

This is for normal worlds hosted on other devices on my local area network. I've tested hosting worlds on android tablets, android phones, ipads, and a dedicated bedrock server running on my PC. In all cases, the mobile devices are able to connect to other
    multiplayer worlds on my LAN, but the XBox shows the "Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now" message despite being able to see the other worlds (as indicated by the count under the friends tab).
  4. lxSakuraixl Win User

Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now

I am unable to join any other Minecraft games on my local network from my Xbox One. Minecraft just shows "your friends are not playing Minecraft right now" despite the Friends tab correctly showing the number of other games running on my network.

Others appear to have the same issue, but haven't received any response from Microsoft or Mojang:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/cannot-see-friendinvites-minecraft-xbox-one-lan/4c706ccc-83ad-411f-9f3e-69631fec58cc

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/minecraft-bedrock-support/2999033-lan-shows-1-friend-but-no-games

I have tested this with Minecraft games running on an IPad, Android tablets, Android phones, and with the bedrock dedicated server. I've also tested the tablets and phones both logged into xbox live and logged out. In all cases, the XBox one will show the
    correct count of games running on the network just under the "Friends" text but will not show any worlds to join. The tablets and phones are all able to see each-other and join any game hosted on my network.

I've verified that my profile allows joining multiplayer games and can play with people outside of xbox live under the "Xbox One & Windows 10 Online Safety" configuration page. I've tried disabling and re-enabling those features. I've also powered off my
    Xbox (and unplugged it) and left it off for a few minutes then turned it back on.
    [​IMG]
    Yes hello it is just a bug. your friends world probably have a privacy setting on them
  5. Scringus 🙂 Win User

Does Minecraft now require an Xbox Gold subscription for LAN play?

It does, now. As of 12/19/23, the LAN shows up in my Friends tab, yet it doesn't display any joinable worlds. This indicates Microsoft is paywalling without telling us.
  6. NinjaSooty Win User

Cannot See Friend/Invites Minecraft Xbox One LAN

Same here. The friends tab in Minecraft xbox changes the number underneath it as my LAN friends enter their world on their devices, so xbox is definitely recognising that they are there. I see that number change within seconds of them starting on their
    device. But underneath that, it still says "your friends are not playing Minecraft right now" when they quite clearly are. My friends on other devices see each others joinable worlds, but I cant see those same worlds from my xbox. They can see my xbox worlds
    and join, but i cannot see theirs. Help!
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock LAN World not showing up despite Friend’s tab showing the correct number... - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock LAN

2. LAN on Minecraft Bedrock Edition Problem... (Please Respond)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    LAN on Minecraft Bedrock Edition Problem... (Please Respond): Hey, I tried to join my brother and I am offline. I tried to fix this problem but it keeps putting. "It seems like your not on a network, please connect or use mobile data." And I am using all of...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock LAN Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock LAN Issue: When I create a LAN game on PC, it is not visible on my mobile and I cannot join it. But if I create a LAN game on my mobile, it is visible on my PC and I can join it....
  4. I can't see LAN worlds of minecraft bedrock on windows 10.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't see LAN worlds of minecraft bedrock on windows 10.: I had windows 11 and I used to play minecraft with my wife, she in android and me in pc but one day she didnt see my world when i was playing (LAN same router). I looked on Youtube tutorials or on...
  5. Lan play (minecraft bedrock problem, please respond)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lan play (minecraft bedrock problem, please respond): alright so I'm playing minecraft bedrock, and like, in the joinable games tab, I can join games that have other people playing on the same wifi network, you know lan play. I am REALLY...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock sever LAN issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock sever LAN issue: I recently bought a physical server to run some Minecraft servers on. I recently set up a Bedrock server, and everything worked out fine. However, when I try to join it from my phone or my...
  7. Minecraft Bedrock; unable to connect to game error when using xbox and ipad on the LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock; unable to connect to game error when using xbox and ipad on the LAN: I am trying to connect to a world (not a realm) from an ipad running minecraft bedrock. The world is on an xboxone also running minecraft bedrock. Same version. We're on the same LAN. I am able to...
  8. Minecraft - Unable to connect to world on my iPhone (LAN game to Win10 PC Minecraft/Bedrock)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Unable to connect to world on my iPhone (LAN game to Win10 PC Minecraft/Bedrock): I can no longer connect to a LAN game (minecraft) on a PC on the same wireless network from my iPhone 8. I got it to work ONE time the other day after fixing the NAT settings on the PC - we played...
  9. minecraft bedrock not letting me join over LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock not letting me join over LAN: when i try and join my sister on another computer over LAN for some reason the number shows in the corner of the friends tab. but i can't join. [img] f7029469-2db1-4069-a051-b8fef717646f
  10. Cannot Connect to a LAN World Minecraft Bedrock (PE) Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Connect to a LAN World Minecraft Bedrock (PE) Edition: I am trying to connect two Kindle Fire devices together through a router with no internet access. When both are connected, each device can see that the other is in a world (when they are in a...