Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own.

Discus and support Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded some components to my pc, which included a new storage drive. My previous one failed and there was no recovery so I installed windows and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jeans007, May 15, 2023.

1. Jeans007
    Jeans007 Guest

I upgraded some components to my pc, which included a new storage drive. My previous one failed and there was no recovery so I installed windows and set up the pc as a new device. I installed Minecraft Bedrock from the windows store app. When I launch the app, it asks me to unlock the game. I cannot sign in because it also asks me to buy a copy to unlock. If I select "Unlock Game," it takes me to the Microsoft Store where it says I "currently own" this version of Minecraft Bedrock. I've restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled minecraft, and followed the advice from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-telling-me-to-unlock-full/1a621b2a-9939-4fe3-8ed2-548a1f7d4c14

What
    is going on?

:)

Jeans007, May 15, 2023
  2. Jamie Gerhart Win User

Hello Jeans007,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Minecraft Bedrock edition however, you were asked to purchase the game that you already have license to play. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you get a message unlock game. If this error message could have been Demo version, then it could be best explained by this support article from the Minecraft Support - I Can Only See The Demo in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition | Minecraft Help. However, since it is different, we can try to check if your account signed into the game is the one that stores your license to play Minecraft Bedrock. We have here steps for you to determine and we would like to ask you questions about your set up to further assist you.

1. May we ask for the screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information like gamertag/username, full name and email address.
    2. Do you mind checking your game license on Minecraft website? Please go to this link and sign into your account - Minecraft Login | Profile
    3. Did you install the Minecraft Launcher on Microsoft Store? Or did you install the game's app version? Try to install this instead - Minecraft Launcher | Microsoft Store
    4. Did you previously install Minecraft and play it before you made an upgrade to your computer? Is your computer updated?
    5. Is this the only game you are having issues with?

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Kathy A.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
    Im having the same issue could you help me resolve it
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jeans007,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play Minecraft Bedrock edition however, you were asked to purchase the game that you already have license to play. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you get a message unlock game. If this error message could have been Demo version, then it could be best explained by this support article from the Minecraft Support - I Can Only See The Demo in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition | Minecraft Help. However, since it is different, we can try to check if your account signed into the game is the one that stores your license to play Minecraft Bedrock. We have here steps for you to determine and we would like to ask you questions about your set up to further assist you.

1. May we ask for the screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information like gamertag/username, full name and email address.
    2. Do you mind checking your game license on Minecraft website? Please go to this link and sign into your account - Minecraft Login | Profile
    3. Did you install the Minecraft Launcher on Microsoft Store? Or did you install the game's app version? Try to install this instead - Minecraft Launcher | Microsoft Store
    4. Did you previously install Minecraft and play it before you made an upgrade to your computer? Is your computer updated?
    5. Is this the only game you are having issues with?

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. MirGame Win User

Minecraft Preview stuck in demo mode.

Basically, it is asking me to pay money even though I OWN Minecraft Bedrock on Windows.
  6. Francia J. Win User

I am not able to join premiuim minecraft servers with my ultimate x box game pass on pc

Oh, thank you so much for letting me know and I apologize for the trouble. If I may ask, are you trying to play Minecraft Java Edition or Minecraft Bedrock Edition?
Thema:

1. Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own. - Similar Threads - Minecraft Bedrock Asking

2. Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update Minecraft Bedrock on PC: [img] I clicked to update there, but I have an error. May I need to download the Minecraft Bedrock Version Manager? 9c44a8d7-2049-43ae-8cdd-a581272bccc8
  3. Minecraft Bedrocks Breaks audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft Bedrocks Breaks audio: So basically when im using discord and Mincraft bedrock on my computer, it breaks my audio. I no longer have any kind of audio on minecraft while in a discord call. Ive tried troubleshooting this...
  4. I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought minecraft java and bedrock and only received bedrock… username is bobtimjim23: Bought minecraft java and bedrock on bobtimjim23 and only received bedrock 799fe304-93be-4843-b5b5-0794a92b4c93
  5. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  6. My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My chats dont appear for others but I can see other peoples chats. Minecraft bedrock edition: I am gonna keep this short and simple. When I play on a single player world and I have one of my friends join me, when I try to talk to them via chat, they can't see them, but I can see what they...
  7. Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher asking me to buy Minecraft Bedrock even though I already own it.: I have the official Minecraft launcher on my windows 10 PC. I am logged into my microsoft account. However it says: "Buy Now" when trying to open the Bedrock Edition of minecraft. I can verify...
  8. Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock - Asking me to unlock game that I own.: i got minecraft almsost 3 years ago and i have been playing since then but a i got a new laptop. I installed Minecraft Bedrock from the windows store app. When I launch the app, it asks me to...
  9. minecraft bedrock asks me to buy it when I already had it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft bedrock asks me to buy it when I already had it: It is assumed that when you gave the Minecraft Bedrock for having Java, I had Java, you gave me Bedrock, well months later I am on another PC, and I log in to my Microsoft account in the Minecraft...
  10. I want to buy the minecraft Java and Bedrock bundle and i wanted to ask can i also play the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy the minecraft Java and Bedrock bundle and i wanted to ask can i also play the...: this week i want to buy the minecraft java and bedrock bundle for pc and wanted to ask if i can play the bedrock edition on mobile without any addition purchases any answear is nice...