Minecraft and other games crashing, giving graphics drivers errors

Discus and support Minecraft and other games crashing, giving graphics drivers errors in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently upgraded form an Intel i5-6400 to a Ryzen 5 5600X, obviously with a new motherboard (MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi). GPU (Zotac 1050Ti... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giovanni Curotto, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Minecraft and other games crashing, giving graphics drivers errors

Hello,

I have recently upgraded form an Intel i5-6400 to a Ryzen 5 5600X, obviously with a new motherboard (MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi). GPU (Zotac 1050Ti 4gb), RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133Hz) and every other component stayed the same.

The PC with the older parts has absolutely no problem running Minecraft, but if I put it togheter with the new parts and open the game from the launcher, I get crashes with -1073740791 as exit code constantly. When loading a world, when loading the game itself, when playing normally.

The exit code seems to be really uncommon as I cannot find basically anything about it.

I have tried everything I knew. Updated BIOS, graphics drivers, motherboard drivers, Java, Windows. Reinstalled Minecraft a bunch of times. Even did a clean install of Windows. Nothing seems to solve it. I don't know what to do anymore. The only thing I haven't done is thorough checks with other games and programs, but everything else seems to be running fine on a surface level.

[ EDIT: I have tried some more things. Crashes are consistent between all games I've tried, and they all give me error codes related to graphics drivers. I have tried installing several older drivers, going all the way back to mid 2021, but with no results. I also wanna add that as far as I can check, there are no issues with the hardware, especially all of the older ones since they all run smoothly as a unit (still not sure about the new MOBO tho). ]

Help.

Regards, thanks in advance for any tips.

:)

Giovanni Curotto, Mar 24, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Giovanni Curotto,

Thank you for your response. When your game crashes this time, are you getting any error messages?

Does the screen freeze, closes right away, turn black or does the entire PC freezes and unable to do anything?

Try to play the game on Windowed mode and see if it still crashes.

If you are running third party software like antivirus or game boosters, disable them.

Run the steps below:

Method 1: Run memory diagnostic

• Open Run
    • Type the command below
    • Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended).
    • Wait for the scans to finish.

Method 2: Increase your Virtual Memory

• Open Settings
    • System
    • About
    • Under the About page
    • Click Advanced system settings
    • System Properties Should open
    • Go to the Advanced tab
    • Under Performance
    • Click settings
    • Click advanced tab
    • Under Virtual Memory
    • Click Change
    • Unselect Automatically manage paging files size for all drives
    • Choose custom size
    • Specify the Initial and Maximum size (This depends on your total available memory)
      • Initial size - One and a half size of total available memory
      • Maximum size - Three time size of the total available memory
    • Click Set
    • Click OK, then OK
    • Restart Device
  3. Giovanni Curotto Win User

Hello, thanks for your time.

I've tried all of these steps, but nothing changed. I would think it's not an issue linked to the Xbox app, since all games on Steam follow the same behaviour. Also, having done a clean install of windows multiple times at this point, I wouldn't think it's an issue of bad installations of some sort, because it would need to be consistent between complete formatting cycles. The PC had other issues when I put it together with the new parts (IE: black screens when updating Nvidia drivers) but I've manged to solve them with the help of some friends. Crashes on games are the only thing left.

Feel free to ask me aything, since I'm quite desperate at this point.

Regards
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Giovanni Curotto,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Are you getting any other error messages when playing other games and it crashes?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game
    1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the gameIf you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

You may also perform an In place upgrade by following the method below

How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

Specifically the error message you are getting from Minecraft is related to driver issue, if updating the driver doesn't work, I recommend a full re-installation of the Graphics driver would be the best idea.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. AwesomeisBlue Win User

How to fix Minecraft exit code -1073741819

I am having the same issue.
    I will be playing as usual and then all of a sudden the game crashed and tells me its an outdated graphics driver. I even manually updated my graphics driver because I was having this issue. Occasionally when it crashes Minecraft gives the crash log for unexpected crash of some kind that you would get when using ALT+F4. This time all I did was open my world and open my inventory before the game crashed.

Did you ever find a solution to the problem?
Thema:

1. Minecraft and other games crashing, giving graphics drivers errors - Similar Threads - Minecraft games crashing

2. Minecraft launcher error code (0x1) "This game has crashed."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher error code (0x1) "This game has crashed.": I am unable to open the minecraft installer, i just keep getting this error message. I have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling, running as admin and using the legacy launcher. I am logged into...
  3. Minecraft (and other games) keeps crashing with exit code -1073740791 "outdated graphics...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft (and other games) keeps crashing with exit code -1073740791 "outdated graphics...: Every time I try to play 1.20.2 Minecraft java edition, eventually my game crashes to the launcher and gives the exit code -1073740791 and states that this issue is usually caused by an outdated...
  4. My old minecraft world crashes the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My old minecraft world crashes the game: When I update my Minecraft version to 1.20 my old world can't be loaded when I load that world the game continue kicking me out off game even wh n other worlds work correctly....
  5. Minecraft legends on PC keeps crashing. Can't even start a game. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft legends on PC keeps crashing. Can't even start a game. Help!: Can't start a game in minecraft legends for pc. Crashes immediately after intro screen. Hear a message about disconnection. Help! Have tried various troubleshooting methods already....
  6. Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows (Minecraft Bedrock), RTX Resourse Pack worlds crash the game multiple...: some context, for starters; this started when RTX came out of Beta and the beta program closed. haven't found a PBR resource pack that this doesn't happen with. happens in windowed, and full...
  7. Minecraft crash The game crashed whilst initializing game Error:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crash The game crashed whilst initializing game Error:...: Hello i was trying to play mc with forge and i got this error "The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cen Exit code: -1"...
  8. Why do all game pass multiplayer games crash on my xbox series s ??Minecraft is only exception

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do all game pass multiplayer games crash on my xbox series s ??Minecraft is only exception: Just trying to play multiplayer games and either games crash or xbox series s does?? d85387d5-4039-4fb0-a736-8e9eee47b385
  9. Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...

in XboX Insiders
    Playing Minecraft for extended periods of time on console makes every other game crash upon...: This has been happening for a while now, on my old Xbox one and my Xbox one S. Basically, whenever I get off Minecraft to go play something else, it doesn't start and just makes me restart the...
  10. minecraft game crash, lost everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft game crash, lost everything: the game has crashed several times, this way I lose material and points. Is there a way to prevent or undo this? i play the game on pc, windows 10 a2a00ed0-f52f-493f-8c12-592d6dbee47a