Minecraft Account is Different After Migrating From Mojang to Microsoft

Discus and support Minecraft Account is Different After Migrating From Mojang to Microsoft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft (same exact yahoo email) back in October and had no issues playing, albeit I played on the Technic... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoofyPooper, Feb 26, 2023.

1. GoofyPooper
    GoofyPooper Guest

I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft (same exact yahoo email) back in October and had no issues playing, albeit I played on the Technic Launcher (modded), not the official Minecraft launcher until now. When I login via my Microsoft account details it says my name is something entirely different, "SlobbishMars17," which looks like an auto-generated gamertag and profile picture. I've never heard of this account name and my ACTUAL account name, "GangplankGod" is not there, but I have found it by searching available minecraft names, so it still exists, but my info is for some reason linked to this new account now that doesn't even own the game, so I can only play the demo. Not sure what to do, I've signed in and out multiple times and have changed passwords to no avail. Maybe my account is under a different email that I've forgotten? I'm not sure how I would go about recovering that, but I don't think I would have changed the email if I didn't have to.

HELP ME!!!!

:)

GoofyPooper, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Youchan3070 Win User

New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

When Minecraft stopped working, I used my Microsoft account. And this issue happened after I changed my main alias from E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. I can play Minecraft if I log in with my E-Mail 2.

I purchased Minecraft on my Mojang account before the migration, but I don't use my mojang account and that Microsoft account that was migrated to.

With my Mojang account (E-Mail 1) migrated to Microsoft account (E-Mail 4) I bad the Java Edition. With my first Microsoft account (E-Mail 1, now 3) I had Minecraft Bedrock Edition. And with the other MIcrosoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) I have both Java and Bedrock.

I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft Account (E-Mail 1, now 3) from the Microsoft Store and I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) from the Microsoft Store but the Java Edition I purchased from minecraft.net. On my Mojang account (E-Mail 1, now migrated to Microsoft Account with E-Mail 3) I bought Minecraft Java from minecraft.net.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Both Java and Bedrock Minecraft missing from my migrated account?

Hello, Portia. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Did you have two mojang accounts (one with Java and one with Bedrock), or did you have one mojang account (which had Java) and one Microsoft account with Minecraft for Windows, and you migrated this mojang account with Java to the Microsoft account that had Minecraft for Windows?

I ask because you cannot migrate two mojang accounts to only one Microsoft account. So if you had one mojang account with java and one mojang account with bedrock, you migrated them to two different Microsoft accounts.
  4. awpp Win User

Minecraft Micrsoft Merging

Thank you for your reply RichieB_. However, I tried contacting Mojang support but this is what they sent me.

As of September 19, 2023, Minecraft Support is no longer able to assist with Mojang/Minecraft log in or other account related issues as account migration has ended.

If you have migrated your Mojang/Minecraft account to a Microsoft account and need assistance, please contact Microsoft Support.

I have tried requesting a ticket for two different topics but they just send me the same message. Is there by chance a different way to contact Mojang/Microsoft?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft migration

That's normal, you can't access the old Mojang account after the migration, you need to use the email you used to migrate the Mojang account to, in the launcher you need to select Minecraft Java and then Microsoft login and then use the email you use during the migration process
  6. andreibakos Win User

Cannot use/play Minecraft with Mojang account - Java Edition

hi Ricardo,

Thanks a lot but I know how how to reset my Microsoft account and this is not the problem and of course I've tried this option.

Here is the timeline:

1) Minecraft JAVA Edition bought from minecraft.net

2) Game is working with Mojang account

3) Mojang accounts have to be migrated to Microsoft account ( system announcement)

4) Migration done

5) Game cannot be used using Microsoft account after migration

6) Game cannot be used using Mojang account after migration

7) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for help - response: we cannot help, please contact Microsoft as this now in hands of them

8) Several emails sent to MOJANG and minecraft.net for refund - please refund as I bought the game from you and it's not working

9) I'm not able to contact Microsoft for this problem - the only channel to get in touch with Microsoft is this community

Best regards,
Thema:

1. Minecraft Account is Different After Migrating From Mojang to Microsoft - Similar Threads - Minecraft Account Different

2. How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I link my Minecraft account to a different email?: When I was younger and I asked my parents to buy Minecraft for me, I used my school email to create my account. How can I link my account to my current email. 7c8d43af-6cc2-4480-a732-55e105febff0
  3. Can i transfer my minecraft account to a different microsoft acc?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i transfer my minecraft account to a different microsoft acc?: So, I have my Minecraft account linked to a Microsoft account nr.1, but I'd like to transfer the Minecraft account to an Microsoft account nr.2, (I have a different mail signed to it, and It's...
  4. Can I move my Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I move my Minecraft Java account to a different Microsoft account?: I am tired of argueing with Microsoft support and I desperately need my Minecraft Java account back at the very least as that is the part that is NOT expendable. I already paid for Minecraft AND...
  5. Can I migrate my minecraft that was linked to my hacked microsoft account to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I migrate my minecraft that was linked to my hacked microsoft account to a different...: So I tried to recover the microsoft account but that proved impossible then I accidentally created a microsoft account from the hacked accounts email so I have a microsoft account as a alibi to...
  6. Minecraft - How to join 2 version of minecraft from 2 different accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft - How to join 2 version of minecraft from 2 different accounts: Hello I have bought two version of minecraft on diferrent account. One account - bedrock version, second account Java version. Is there exist some chance to join both version into one account...
  7. My Minecraft Account has been moved to a different email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft Account has been moved to a different email: My minecraft account was linked to an @gmail.com account. It worked for many years that way. I stopped playing Minecraft in late 2022 and tried to log back in mid 2023. It said that my minecraft...
  8. my minecraft account is different and I can only play demo

in XBoX Accessibility
    my minecraft account is different and I can only play demo: i was trying to play minecraft and i logged in but i was on a completely different minecraft account and i only have the demo please help 8197d54d-06da-4626-ba9a-0976d5db1503
  9. My minecraft account was hacked, email deleted and changed into a different one

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account was hacked, email deleted and changed into a different one: My minecraft account and microsoft email were hacked through a dicord link that I clicked. The hacker deleted my email and changed it to a new one and I'm not sure what i can do to get it back....
  10. I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to log into a different account on minecraft, but when I try to log in using the...: It seems my Minecraft is somehow "linked" to an email, which got stolen from and I can't access it anymore. I made a different account using a different email, but when I want to log in, it...