Mine AND all my friends profile pictures are suddenly default

Discus and support Mine AND all my friends profile pictures are suddenly default in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I'm somewhat new to Xbox, and i didn't have this issue until recently, and everywhere I've looked online i cannot find a solution. Recently, i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NM Vote, May 22, 2023.

1. NM Vote
    NM Vote Guest

Hello!

I'm somewhat new to Xbox, and i didn't have this issue until recently, and everywhere I've looked online i cannot find a solution. Recently, i opened my Xbox app on my phone and found that all of my friends, and myself as well, lost our profile pictures and the images are all now what we chose in the defaults when we last had default images. I know from talking to a few of them that myself as well as them, have not changed their images or been reported and it's just me having this issue. I do not know why this has become a thing for me, and it is honestly sort of annoying me because of that and not know how to fix it. I have tried resetting my Xbox by holding down the logo button on the controller and resetting it that way, and I've even tried looking through my account settings to see if something was weird with that. I do not know what to do, please help.

:)

NM Vote, May 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response.

In order to fix this, kindly manage your Xbox privacy settings, here's how:

Note: If you are unable to proceed to change your Xbox privacy settings, which means your account is a child account.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation.

An adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older upon the account's first creation.

Sign in to your Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli....
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, the profile picture you had on your account, was it a custom profile picture?

Also, are you able to change your profile picture again?
  4. NM Vote Win User

Hello!

So, out of curiosity, I went to upload a new custom profile picture last night, and a message came up afterwards. I followed the instructions on it, and then the next day, everything was fine again. It's weird though, as i don't remember messing with that setting before.

Thank you for your reply!
    [​IMG]
  5. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Profile pic

Okay, how odd.. This has happened with me BUT, It was mine and my friends whose pfp pictures were default and not custom. The way that was that I just waited a bit as I thought it was just an error. There's almost a similar post like this here. (I was marked as an answer)
  6. II PARALLAX II Win User

Mine Spotting

....like I said, when in doubt......blow 'em up......bring on the hatemail 'cause it makes me laugh....especially love the morons who threaten me with their kung-fu-jitsu and MMA fight stories...I even get hatemail over what my friends do....Imma popular
    guy what can I say, some of these "hopeless romantics" possibly saw my facebook page, hence my picture....and many a crush has since ensued ...maybe all this colorful hatemail is really the modern equivalent of "play misty for me"
Thema:

1. Mine AND all my friends profile pictures are suddenly default - Similar Threads - Mine friends profile

2. Old close friend of mine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Old close friend of mine: I had a friend whose username was GlassesTurtle31, and he hasn't been responding for the past 3 years. I dont know what his username is right now, but i have his discord account (Brodee#1988). I...
  3. A friend of mine bought Ark Survival Evolved for me, but now after some time Xbox says I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend of mine bought Ark Survival Evolved for me, but now after some time Xbox says I've...: A friend of mine bought me Ark SE (sent as a gift through Xbox store) a few years back, we played it alot, and here recently I uninstalled it to make room for another game (which I no longer play)...
  4. i cant join my friends session and they cant join mine on gta

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join my friends session and they cant join mine on gta: when i try to join it says it unstable but on friends end if im in a game and where it says friends they can only select my gamecard and cant join me 48fb8408-3f58-410e-bb3b-35793a6c9cf1
  5. I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just recently bought a game for a couple friends of mine, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Deluxe...: It was telling the friend of mine whose code didn't work that the code was damaged repeatedly. And we don't know why that is. 53279453-dd42-4c77-bc7b-4a7ebe0ba896
  6. Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine: Past few days Xbox been acting up can’t join parties and I disconnect whenever someone joins mine, I’ve been getting more and more frustrated. I’ve done everything, restart router, test nat type,...
  7. Minecraft Skin problem - I can see my friend's skins, they can't see mine.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Skin problem - I can see my friend's skins, they can't see mine.: I am playing with two friends. I can see their skins, and they can see each other's. I can see mine, but they can't see it. Additionally, my profile picture from Xbox doesn't load. One of my...
  8. Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...: My 360 won't connect to the internet or Xbox live what's going on with it? d540d841-359c-4bb6-b1c5-90d344bc8bbd
  9. how do i stop seeing mine/my friends xbox user names in playstation worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i stop seeing mine/my friends xbox user names in playstation worlds: there has been an issue i been having for quite awhile where instead of seeing my playstation name or my friend's playstation names we only see our microsoft/xbox users, and when i try to invite...
  10. Me and my friend are playing split screen on mine craft and his texture pack has went onto...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Me and my friend are playing split screen on mine craft and his texture pack has went onto...: Me and my friend are playing split screen and he accidentally logged into my account when he meant to log into his own. This then transferred his texture packs onto my account (which i did not...