Migration Query

Discus and support Migration Query in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If the email address for the profile account is shut down does that automatically kill the xbox profile or can i move it to another email addy? Sorry... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaveTheSock, Dec 21, 2015.

1. DaveTheSock
    DaveTheSock Guest

Migration Query

If the email address for the profile account is shut down does that automatically kill the xbox profile or can i move it to another email addy?

Sorry for asking such a dumb question, i had an xbox years ago but shut down the email addy attached, just wondering if there was anything i could do.

:)

DaveTheSock, Dec 21, 2015
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Account Migration Query

Hi there,

-

As far as I know it can take several weeks before all is transfered.

3. BenBcon
    BenBcon Guest
    Account Migration Query

Hi There,

I recently moved my account from region U.S. to Ireland. It's now saying that my Xbox gold live subscription is 'Xbox live subscription transfer'.

Does anyone know how long it will take for my account to be transfered to the Irish region?

Regards

Ben

BenBcon, Dec 21, 2015
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Migration Query

If it is just the email that was closed, not the Microsoft Account, you can still access it using the same email and you can switch or change it to a a different one.

In order to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account follow the instructions in this support link:

support.xbox.com/.../change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

M3tal Daz3, Dec 21, 2015
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Migration Query

If it is just the email that was closed, not the Microsoft Account, you can still access it using the same email and you can switch or change it to a a different one.

In order to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account follow the instructions in this support link:

support.xbox.com/.../change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  6. Retrosonik Win User

Account Migration Query

I migrated my account from UK to Australia on 24th Jan and although I received an email from Microsoft saying the account migration was successful straight away, it hasn't changed over as yet (as of 28th Jan). I contacted Xbox Support and was advised that
    account migration can take 24 hours to 7 days. If it hasn't changed over by then I will be contacting them again. Hope this helps.
  7. WPAK Win User

Account Migration Query

Hi there,

-

As far as I know it can take several weeks before all is transfered.
  8. Nkosana23 Win User

I Can't play minecraft anymore.

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

If you did not migrate you account, it then may have been deleted. Minecraft accounts were migrated. The last call for migration was September 19th, 2023. Once the deadline for migration was reached, players are no longer able to access unmigrated accounts. All unmigrated accounts will be deleted at a future date.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  9. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Minecraft migrated when i had no computer access. How can I put a pin in my account name?

Hi George! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft migration.

According to the official Minecraft website: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/account-migration-last-call

"On Sep 19, 2023, the migration of Mojang accounts has now been completed. It is no longer possible to migrate unmigrated accounts or make the move.

Unmigrated Mojang accounts will not be able to sign in to Minecraft.net or the Minecraft Launcher to migrate. In addition, starting September 19, 2023, Minecraft Support will no longer be able to assist in any MSA migration-related tickets."

Also according to Post-Migration Process FAQ article:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/19615552270221

"As of December 18, 2023, the post-migration process for Mojang accounts has officially ended. If you successfully completed the post-migration process, you should now have access to both Java and Bedrock editions.

As the migration period has concluded, Minecraft Support will no longer assist with migration-related queries. Visit this link to learn about making a new Microsoft account."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

Migration Query

1. Migration Query - Similar Threads - Migration Query

2. Minecraft Account Lost After Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Account Lost After Migration: I migrated my Minecraft account on January 2, 2022; I know this because I have the confirmation email for it. When I try to sign in to Minecraft.net with that email through Microsoft, it said my...
  3. Migrate Xbox account question and help…

in XboX Insiders
    Migrate Xbox account question and help…: I have a question for this group. My son has been using my Xbox account, which is tied to my main email address, since he was 12 years old (my son is now 22). I use the same email address for all...
  4. Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft)

in XBoX on Windows
    Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft): I know its been... forever but I would still like the migrator cape in which I should have received. I migrated my account in late 2021-early 2022 (?) and still haven't received my cape. I've...
  5. How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process: I recently discovered that I am no longer able to play Minecraft using my old Mojang account due to a migration process. It seems that I didn't migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account...
  6. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  7. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  8. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  9. If I have both versions of GTA on my Xbox can I have both with the same character when migrated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have both versions of GTA on my Xbox can I have both with the same character when migrated: I know now if you migrate accounts you won’t lose the data but I have both the new and old versions of the game on my Xbox will I lose the character on the old version of the game because they’re...
  10. I migrated my Minecraft account in 2022, I logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I migrated my Minecraft account in 2022, I logged into my Microsoft account and Minecraft...: I purchased Minecraft nearly a decade ago. Ever since Microsoft decided to take over and mess things around for no reason I cannot access my game anymore. I followed through with the pointless and...