Migration of licenses without Xbox Live account

Discus and support Migration of licenses without Xbox Live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, there. I recently bouhgt a second hand xbox 360 Slim with a few digital games in it. I know the licenses for the games are in the console so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeibiRodríguez, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Migration of licenses without Xbox Live account

Hi, there.

I recently bouhgt a second hand xbox 360 Slim with a few digital games in it. I know the licenses for the games are in the console so I can play offline the games, even if I change the hard drive (I made a backup of games).

My questions are:

What happens with licenses in case my console crashes or I simply change to a different console?

How I deal with the licenses if I have no access to the account that initilay bought the games?

Is there a way to transfer the licenses without that account to a different xbox?

Thanks.

Migration of licenses without Xbox Live account :)

:)

DeibiRodríguez, Jan 30, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

If you can recover the account then you are good to go. If you cannot unfortunately then all that is gone as the licenses are tied to the account.
  3. DeibiRodríguez Win User

Actually licenses are tied to both the account and the console they were originally downloaded to. So you either have to be signed into Live on the account that purchased the games or the console licenses have to be on the console you're using in
    order to play them offline. It is not possible to transfer licenses without the account they are tied to. Digital licenses cannot transfer ownership. So in order for you to continue playing them in the event you get a new console, or the original owner does
    and transfers their licenses, you would need to purchase the games on your account.
    Thank you all guys for your quick responses.

I didn´t mention that I´m actually able to play those the games in the console with my account. Which is not the account that bouhgt the games in the first place.

So you´re all actually right, the lincenses are tied to the account. But there are actually two licenses, one associated to the account and another to the console (thanks Smwutches for clarifying that).

I know that if I have access to his account I could get the games again in a new console, but I´d rather like to have those games attached to my account instead.

Smwutches, you also say that if the owner of the account that bougth the games, trasnfer his licenses to another xbox, I would loose the abbitlity to play those games. Is that right?

So, is there no way that the owner transfer those licenses from his account to mine?

Thanks in advance. ;)
  4. Smwutches Win User

Actually licenses are tied to both the account and the console they were originally downloaded to. So you either have to be signed into Live on the account that purchased the games or the console licenses have to be on the console you're using in order
    to play them offline. It is not possible to transfer licenses without the account they are tied to. Digital licenses cannot transfer ownership. So in order for you to continue playing them in the event you get a new console, or the original owner does and
    transfers their licenses, you would need to purchase the games on your account.
  5. H3PA80R Win User

Thanks for reaching out.

The licenses for that games are tied to the Account not to the console itself. If you change the console and have the account details from the console you use at the moment you could use the games on another 360 or if they are back compat games even on the
    one. Without the account you could not use them on any console.
  6. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Hi,

The games that are on that xbox belong to that account so it can only be used on that account so if the xbox ever breaks down you can't get those games back because they are associated to that account
Thema:

1. Migration of licenses without Xbox Live account - Similar Threads - Migration licenses without

2. Minecraft Account Lost After Migration

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Account Lost After Migration: I migrated my Minecraft account on January 2, 2022; I know this because I have the confirmation email for it. When I try to sign in to Minecraft.net with that email through Microsoft, it said my...
  3. Migrate Xbox account question and help…

in XboX Insiders
    Migrate Xbox account question and help…: I have a question for this group. My son has been using my Xbox account, which is tied to my main email address, since he was 12 years old (my son is now 22). I use the same email address for all...
  4. Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft)

in XBoX on Windows
    Didn't receive cape after migration (Minecraft): I know its been... forever but I would still like the migrator cape in which I should have received. I migrated my account in late 2021-early 2022 (?) and still haven't received my cape. I've...
  5. How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrive my minecraft account after the migration process: I recently discovered that I am no longer able to play Minecraft using my old Mojang account due to a migration process. It seems that I didn't migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account...
  6. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  7. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  8. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  9. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  10. Lost Minecraft License after Migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Minecraft License after Migration: I followed all steps of migration to my gmail account and got migration confirmations and everything. logged into mojang and wrote a new xbox username and then suddenly my license to the game is...