Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address

Discus and support Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; ### UPDATE ### After further investigation, and COMPLETELY on a whim, because I figured Microsoft bungled something up in the migration, the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NyghtWyngOne, Nov 5, 2021.

1. NyghtWyngOne
    NyghtWyngOne Guest

Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address

### UPDATE ###

After further investigation, and COMPLETELY on a whim, because I figured Microsoft bungled something up in the migration, the email address I had used for my Mojang account was DIFFERENT than the one associated with my Microsoft Account/Xbox Gamer Tag... so guess what happened? They migrated the Java version to my Microsoft Account, and then kept the Windows 10 version under the old email address.

So I guess the question becomes this... How do I migrate that over to the correct Microsoft account since I would presume it should have followed me to the correct account when I was forced to migrate.

### ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS ###

Hello,

I just updated one of my three Mojang accounts to the new Microsoft account (it's been at least a year, maybe two... just underwent a kidney transplant last year) since I played Minecraft. On all three accounts, I had purchased the Java Edition but when the free option for the Windows 10 version was made available, all three accounts were updated to take advantage of it. The update came to my attention because I am moving to a new system and was redownloading Minecraft. I was able to download Java, but Windows 10 indicates I need to buy it.

What's weird is that on the system I'm moving from, v1.17.11 of Minecraft Windows 10 took a moment to load and then shows my Xbox gamer tag (NyghtWyng360) and will let me play. On my new system, when I click the same Settings / Profile area, there's a link to "Sign in for Free" that then tells me to buy the game. Weird that on one system (where the last time I logged in had to be under the former Mojang account email address) it shows properly, but on the new system, I can't even get logged in under it.

I've logged into the Microsoft Store on the new system AND old, and neither one shows me owning Minecraft Windows 10, which tells me it did not migrate over. I really need assistance with this, and I'm guessing I'll have the very same issues when I migrate the other two accounts. I'm holding off until I understand what's going on with this account though.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is super frustrating to lose access to a game because of a migration.

Thanks!

NW360 / NWOne

:)

NyghtWyngOne, Nov 5, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Nyght welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. It seems you have a real issue on your hands here, have you tried reaching Mojang so they migrate the correct account? https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  3. NyghtWyngOne Win User

Thank you so much for that suggestion. I will reach out to them and see if they can be of aid and will report back. I appreciate the link, as I was going crazy looking for any area of contact. That's how I ended up here eventually.

Thank you so much and I will definitely let you know!
  4. NyghtWyngOne Win User

So it appears that only Microsoft can assist with this because the account has already been migrated over to Microsoft's side... I have no idea who to contact at this point, since Microsoft phone support suggested coming here. I'm feeling like I'm getting quite a bit of a run-around on this issue, and it's really frustrating.
  5. StageCoa11 Win User

Access to Minecraft after accout migration

I'm having a similar problem. After migrating my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, when I attempt to login using the Microsoft credentials, it shows up as a non-paid / demo account. I don't want to have to buy the game again. I wonder if it is possible the account was migrated to a different Microsoft account than the one I am using, but Mojang support cannot address that. I would love to be able to lookup what account name/email address my old Mojang account was migrated to.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The entirety of Minecraft as a whole is against me and Microsoft seems to have forgotten ive made an account

Thanks for the feedback!

Did you already migrated your Mojang account to a Microsoft account?

If yes, the Mojang account has a different email address from the Microsoft account you're using to download the game?

Did you try putting that email address in the sign in with Microsoft button?
Thema:

1. Migrating Mojang Account to Microsoft Account, Windows 10 Version Stayed with Old Email Address - Similar Threads - Migrating Mojang Account

2. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  3. How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now?: How do I migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account now? 853b0d7c-030e-45e5-8ecd-e6f95b101e6b
  4. i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago: hi all, i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago but havent played in a while. today i saw the notification about account migration before 19Sep, but i believe i dont...
  5. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  6. Problem migrating my Mojang account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem migrating my Mojang account: I can't migrate Mojang my account. I only have until Dec 18. When I try to migrate it comes up with this message "We couldn’t complete the request successfully. This Mojang account is not...
  7. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  8. I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to migrate my Mojang account post-migration but it says I am not elligible and...: I have tried multiple times but It just wont let me migrate. I have even tried making new microsoft account and that still doesn't work. It says something like "It seems you are not elligible"...
  9. mojang account migration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mojang account migration: I migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account although apparently the account doesn't own Minecraft. What can I do? f8aca8c1-debd-43bb-9d42-0f56c8971d51
  10. Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft account, but the Microsoft account already had a...: A couple years back I wanted to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. When I did I tied a gmail account an outlook account, but the outlook account already was used for a Mojang...