migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game

Discus and support migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; pretty much what the title implies I have access to the non java edition but it says I need to buy the java edition again... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ba mcmann rozzano, Aug 18, 2022.

1. migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game

pretty much what the title implies I have access to the non java edition but it says I need to buy the java edition again

:)

ba mcmann rozzano, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Minecraft.

Everyone who bought the bedrock edition has the access to Java edition, you just need to migrate the Mojang account to a Microsoft account, which gets you access to the java edition.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Help with logging into Minecraft java account that goes to minecraft bedrock account when logged in with the same email

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble logging into your Minecraft Java account. It sounds like there may be some confusion with your email address and account information.

For us to be on the same page, may we know when did you migrated your Minecraft account to Microsoft account?

We would like to show you a timeline of the migration process so you will be aware of what could have happened to your Minecraft Java:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Youchan3070 Win User

New Minecraft launcher won't connect since I changed my main alias from my Microsoft account.

When Minecraft stopped working, I used my Microsoft account. And this issue happened after I changed my main alias from E-Mail 2 to E-Mail 1. I can play Minecraft if I log in with my E-Mail 2.

I purchased Minecraft on my Mojang account before the migration, but I don't use my mojang account and that Microsoft account that was migrated to.

With my Mojang account (E-Mail 1) migrated to Microsoft account (E-Mail 4) I bad the Java Edition. With my first Microsoft account (E-Mail 1, now 3) I had Minecraft Bedrock Edition. And with the other MIcrosoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) I have both Java and Bedrock.

I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft Account (E-Mail 1, now 3) from the Microsoft Store and I purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition on my Microsoft account (E-Mail 2, now 1) from the Microsoft Store but the Java Edition I purchased from minecraft.net. On my Mojang account (E-Mail 1, now migrated to Microsoft Account with E-Mail 3) I bought Minecraft Java from minecraft.net.
  5. Jhonkito Win User

i have migrated my mojang account to microsoft account 2 years ago

Hi Ran4Cat, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Based on the information you have provided, you are right, you don't have to do anything to play the full Java edition of Minecraft if you migrated your Mojang account to a Microsoft account 2 years ago. Your account is now migrated and you will be able to continue playing Minecraft as you did before.

The notification you saw about account migration before September 19 was referring to Mojang accounts that had not yet been migrated. If you had not migrated your account before September 19, you would have lost access to the full Java edition of Minecraft.

So, rest assured, your account is safe and you can continue playing Minecraft as you did before.

I hope that my answer that I gave you has been useful to you, have a happy day Merry Christmas
  6. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Microsoft Account Issue / Account Data Lost?

Hey there, bb_029

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Are you signed into the right Microsoft account?

Sometimes this happens when people sign into a second account, then don't realise when they try, and access games purchased on that account.

With Minecraft, did you migrate your Mojang account to your Microsoft account?

All Mojang accounts have slowly been migrated to Microsoft accounts, thus transferring the purchased content over to the Microsoft account. Here is a support article that explains this: Mojang to Microsoft account migration FAQ | Xbox Support

The announcement on Minecraft.net: Minecraft: Java Edition Account Migration FAQ – Home

Hope this helps,

Nathan
Thema:

migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game

1. migrated Minecraft Mojang account to Microsoft and lost access to java edition of the game - Similar Threads - migrated Minecraft Mojang

2. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  3. Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft / Can't migrate mojang account to microsoft: I bought a minecraft java copy on a mojang account months ago, I'm tryng to migrate it to microsoft now but I get and error saying that my account is not elegible. Why is this happening if I did...
  4. I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Minecraft after migrating my Mojang account to Microsoft: Minecraft now requires a Microsoft sign in. I've migrated my account from Mojang already, but I don't remember my password and Microsoft won't send me an email to reset it when I follow all the...
  5. How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i migrate my Mojang minecraft Account after the migration window is over? I cant...: I cannot login into my Mojang account due to forgetting the security questions. I want to migrate my account and cant do it. 3e01294b-2efc-4687-8092-ed4c8564285b
  6. My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated Minecraft/Mojang/Java accounts are having issues after returning to the game.: I have three Minecraft accounts. All three were made by me before the merge and I merged them when the time came. However, now that I've come back to the game I discovered that only one merged...
  7. How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my original mojang - minecraft account UUID after migrating?: I couldnt find a proper category for this, but minecraft mojang support told me to go to microsoft support regarding migration problems. After migrating my mojang account to my microsoft account,...
  8. My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mojang minecraft name got unlinked after migration: Hi, I just migrated my old mojang account to my new microsoft account because I wanted to play minecraft again. With starting the launcher I found out that I need to choose a new name for the...
  9. how can i migrate my mojang acc to a microsoft acc (minecraft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i migrate my mojang acc to a microsoft acc (minecraft): i need to migrate my old minecraft acc from 2018 to a microsoft acc how can i do it?? 6160fecf-83a3-4a25-9228-235acd15e910
  10. minecraft - my mojang account was hacked and migrated to a microsoft account that doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft - my mojang account was hacked and migrated to a microsoft account that doesn't...: hello , i didnt play minecraft for a few years , i saw that all mojang account moved to microsoft accounts wanted to log back in to my old account and sad : This Mojang account has been disabled....