MicroSofts refusal to honor a purchase it has taken money for.

Discus and support MicroSofts refusal to honor a purchase it has taken money for. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I gifted the annual pass for Forsaken to my nephew. The gift showed up on his Xbox, but when he typed in the code MS refused to download the add on.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DestroyersHand, Jan 17, 2019.

1. MicroSofts refusal to honor a purchase it has taken money for.

I gifted the annual pass for Forsaken to my nephew. The gift showed up on his Xbox, but when he typed in the code MS refused to download the add on. Told him to contact the person who gifted him.
    [Mod removed-inappropriate] How am I supposed to know why you refused to honor our contract when you haven't said a word to me?

:)

DestroyersHand, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Get him to check his location settings. If as you state, he lives in the same region/country it may well be he has the incorrect information set up. Get him to check the console and at https://account.microsoft.com
  3. DestroyersHand Win User

It was a vague ine sentence that did not address Why. It just said to contact me. I hsve no idea why as the people at MS have not seen fit to say anything to me.
  4. Zero Jehuty Win User

If that is the issue please do this and request a call back.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/request-call?service=xbox-one&category=safety-and-security

Also might wanna make sure the code was entered correctly.
  5. superdroo Win User

Hi friend,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with gifting this DLC. Does your nephew use a child account for Xbox Live? Sometimes gifting to child accounts can cause issues. Here's a support article for issues with gifting codes.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

I hope this helps with your issue.
  6. Zero Jehuty Win User

It is more because of it being a automated response. This sounds more like wires got cross then a attempt to trick you.

That message normally only shows up if the region of the xbox is not the same as that which bought the code.

*That could be one thing to check on his end to make sure his system is set for your region*
Thema:

1. MicroSofts refusal to honor a purchase it has taken money for. - Similar Threads - MicroSofts refusal honor

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My wife forgot her password on her Microsoft account and Microsoft refuses to reset.: I bought a Microsoft Minecraft account for my wife and she forgot the password. I filled out password recovery but Microsoft refuses to try to help. I have proof of purchase. It is like...
  5. Microsoft store roblox refuses to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store roblox refuses to start: My version of roblox through the microsoft store version of roblox closes on startup, i open it then it closes seconds later. I've tried almost every single method shared around and it still...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection refuses to sign in on home PC: I play Solitaire Collection regularly on multiple different devices (Win 11 VM on Mac, Android Phone, iPad and Home Desktop PC running Windows 11). Recently the game refuses to sign in at all on...
  7. Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased wrong version of Flight Simulator and Microsoft refuses to help: MS sells 3 different versions of Flight Simulator. I accidentally purchased the middle version (Deluxe) and I want the FULL (Deluxe Premium) version of the simulator. I do not want a refund, I am...
  8. Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refuses to listen that my money was USED by someone else and therefore STOLEN: I have tried to get Microsoft to help me 4 separate times bit they keep giving me the same bs excuse, "under section 15" blah blah blah. I didn't find out about the theft until after the friggin...
  9. Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft refuses to give me a refund after my account was hacked: My Microsoft account was hacked, someone bought gift cards for a game. I never play games. Microsoft refuses to give the money back to me. I've spent 3 hours trying to get to a person, only to get...
  10. Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refus de paiement de la part de microsoft: Bonjour, J'ai constaté un problème récurent ces derniers temps concernant l'achat sur le Xbox Live et le paiement avec une CB MasterCard. Lorsque je fais plusieurs achats dans la journée ou dans...