Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music)

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've had Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Headset for a couple of years with no issues until today. Audio quality from games and party/discord is still good,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Skinnyinminn, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music)

I've had Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Headset for a couple of years with no issues until today. Audio quality from games and party/discord is still good, but when I put on music from my phone (iPhone SE) along with that it is muffled/lower quality when it wasn't before. The mic and xbox (Series X) are on the latest firmware, both phone and headset having sufficient battery, and having reset the headset more than once the issue still persists. Please help

submitted by /u/Skinnyinminn
    [link] [comments]

/u/Skinnyinminn, Mar 15, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Casque arctis 9x le son sort également du téléviseur

Sounds coming from headphones and TV at the same time is normal for the console...the other day I left my stereo on (my TV is wired through it) and couldn't work out why the audio from my headphones sounded different!

As to the audio through a headset being lower quality, that would depend really....if the audio signal for the headset is coming directly from the Xbox (wireless headset or wired), then I'd argue it's better quality than that carried to the TV via the HDMI cable. For me, my wireless headset is plugged into my controller (using an adapter) and the sound quality is miles better than the TV is capable of (is even better than my very good stereo too)
  3. HRC Boosted Win User

Turtle Beach PX3 Sound Quality Issues

It's definitely a muffled noise, I compare the sounds coming from the headset to the sounds coming straight through my TV. The TV sound quality is very crisp and clear, while the headset quality seems to be far away, muffled and sometimes distorted.
  4. Jimmy Beam est Win User

XBOne / Optical Audio Out / Dolby Digital

hollowDoubt your Turtle Beach Headsets will not fully function even if Dolby Digital 5.1 comes in a future update. Let me explain you will have to buy a Titanfall Ear Force Atlas official gaming headset, Ear Force XO Seven or Ear Force XO Four which have
    the new Microsoft Xbox One Audio Adapter bundled. These Headphones are tuned to provide the highest quality audio from the Xbox One™ Audio Adapter as well as a tethered not wireless chat connection. The individual Microsoft Xbox One Audio Adapter will be released
    to Xbox 360 third party headset manufacturers sometime after the release of the next gen. headsets. Now here is where Microsoft have thrown us a major curve ball, you cannot use the DD5.1 sound at the same time as you have the Xbox One™ Audio Adapter plugged
    into your Xbox One wireless controller. This is because the game sound is now coming from your Xbox One to the controller and then to your headset via the tethered connector, the same goes for chat audio.
  5. Nuggin Bumplies Win User

Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

I firmly believe the issue may not be related to Fortnite itself. I've encountered the same problem as the original poster, but only when using my Xbox Microsoft Wireless Headset. It's important to note that this problem does not occur with my Turtle Beach or HyperX wireless headsets; it's exclusive to the Microsoft one. Given that IMO the Microsoft headset provides superior audio quality and comfort, I'd appreciate assistance in identifying the root cause of this problem and finding a solution.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Bluetooth

Xbox uses Wifi Direct, which allows for far better audio quality, lower latency, and higher bandwidth than bluetooth

As of this time, all accessories require a license from Xbox, so all wireless peripherals that can work already support those protocols
Thema:

Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music)

1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Headset

2. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  3. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  4. Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft wireless headset: Hey. I just got the official Wireless microsoft headset. I was just curious if there was a way I could still use the speaker option in the Xbox dashboard to just quickly adjust chat settings. The...
  5. Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low: I just recently purchase the Microsoft modern wireless headset. Im using it on a brand new Dell Laptop via USB and operating it on the Ringcentral dialer system app for work. The audio while using...
  6. Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset: The casing around the microphone has cracked on my Xbox wireless headset after only 4 months of having them. How do I claim a replacement set. I seem to be going around in circles. It tells me to...
  7. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work: Hello guys. I just bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset as you are aware already , on ear left cup is a control for chat/game balance mix ... which for xbox console is working perfectly but...
  8. Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset: I’m on my second official Microsoft headset that coincidentally has broken in the exact same spot. This unit broke, luckily within warranty…. Microsoft wasn’t having that they told me I needed to...
  9. Wireless Microsoft headset Fault...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Microsoft headset Fault...: My wireless Microsoft headset (in warranty) Falling apart near Mic . Can't get hold of Microsoft via call back or virtual agent to sort out a return... so frustrating been trying for 6 mths... can...
  10. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in: As the subject states - Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when my headset is plugged in. I didn't have any issue with it operating functionally up until about 2 weeks ago. I've...