Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the subject states - Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when my headset is plugged in. I didn't have any issue with it operating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TrevorSuave, Nov 30, 2022.

1. TrevorSuave
    TrevorSuave Guest

As the subject states - Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when my headset is plugged in. I didn't have any issue with it operating functionally up until about 2 weeks ago. I've performed hard resets on my console and headset but no matter what I do, the chat mixer exclusively works when plugged directly into the console. Please advise!

:)

TrevorSuave, Nov 30, 2022
  2. TrevorSuave Win User

Howdy Georges,

Thanks for your reply. I'm referring to a USB cable when I say it's directly connected. When it is plugged in to the console with the USB cable, I am able to use the chat mixer as intended. As soon as I remove it from the cable, it reverts to a 50/50 split between game and party and the chat mixer no longer works.

My headset is up to date.
  3. TrevorSuave Win User

Howdy,

The issues seems to persist. The headset works fine aside from the chat mixer not functioning
  4. TrevorSuave Win User

Howdy George,

Oddly enough, the chat mixer wheel works just fine OFF of my head but when I put it on, it reverts. Any thoughts/suggestions?
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to upatde the headset on console and then do the procedure below, because it is strange that it works only when connected with the USB cable.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Trevor, when it says connected directly on xbox, is referring to a connection with USB cable, if yes, it is not working when connected by Bluetooth?

In addition to the procedures on the console, you tried to update the firmware on your headset, in case you haven't tried it by the link below.

Xbox Accessories

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-ac...
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset chat mixer only works when plugged in - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Headset

2. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  3. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  4. Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft wireless headset: Hey. I just got the official Wireless microsoft headset. I was just curious if there was a way I could still use the speaker option in the Xbox dashboard to just quickly adjust chat settings. The...
  5. Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low: I just recently purchase the Microsoft modern wireless headset. Im using it on a brand new Dell Laptop via USB and operating it on the Ringcentral dialer system app for work. The audio while using...
  6. Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset: The casing around the microphone has cracked on my Xbox wireless headset after only 4 months of having them. How do I claim a replacement set. I seem to be going around in circles. It tells me to...
  7. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work: Hello guys. I just bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset as you are aware already , on ear left cup is a control for chat/game balance mix ... which for xbox console is working perfectly but...
  8. Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset: I’m on my second official Microsoft headset that coincidentally has broken in the exact same spot. This unit broke, luckily within warranty…. Microsoft wasn’t having that they told me I needed to...
  9. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music)

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music): I've had Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Headset for a couple of years with no issues until today. Audio quality from games and party/discord is still good, but when I put on music from my phone (iPhone...
  10. Wireless Microsoft headset Fault...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Microsoft headset Fault...: My wireless Microsoft headset (in warranty) Falling apart near Mic . Can't get hold of Microsoft via call back or virtual agent to sort out a return... so frustrating been trying for 6 mths... can...