Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect...

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know there is no official information about any kind of Kinect, but this question has also arisen for me with Xbox one, Xbox Series X uses the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FelixSeiboldt, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect...

I know there is no official information about any kind of Kinect, but this question has also arisen for me with Xbox one, Xbox Series X uses the same operating system (https://youtu.be/7Fjn4GRw8qE?t=491), so it makes there is no difference. Honestly: It
    is not so difficult in C # to make a hardware check whether a device has been connected via usb, as the Kinect adapter for Xbox one S and Xbox one X showed us. It's just not logical that you don't have official support for the 360 Kinect, there are even
    USB adapters for the 360 Kinect for computers, similar to the adapter for the Xbox One Kinect for computers and XB1S and XB1X. My idea:

Kinect games will be playable again:

The Xbox performs a check whether an original Xbox 360 Kinect is connected, similar to the Xbox 360, if an attempt is made to start a Kinect game for Xbox 360, the Xbox one system only checks whether a Kinect is connected. Then, just like normal games,
    the virtual machine is simply started, this should have "rights" to one port or preferably several, and then calibrates the Kinect, as if nothing was ever different, the Xbox 360 system is not running otherwise in a VM

:)

FelixSeiboldt, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Kinect on series x

Yeah, like others mentioned, Microsoft hasn't announced anything official about the Kinect yet.

If a Kinect is compatible with the Series X, then I would imagine it would be the Xbox One Kinect with the USB adapter.

Also, when it comes to the Series X, Microsoft have already said it will be backwards compatible with everything that already works on the Xbox One family of devices.

https://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-series-xs-backward-compatibility-we-have-so-many-questions/
  3. Internet Expert Win User

kinect sports 360 needs to be made compatible for xbox one

Unless if Microsoft makes an Xbox 360 adapter for the Xbox One, this may not be possible.

Xbox 360 Kinect games are programmed specifically for the 360 Kinect Sensor, and the Xbox One Kinect Sensor doesn't offer any sort of backward compatibility (afaik). It's likely the reason why there are virtually no 360 Kinect games
    on backward compatibility.
  4. darkist1 Win User

Xbox 360 games to xbox one games

Unless they are on the backwards compatible list, they won't work on the Xbox One. But when Xbox Series X gets released it'll have retro compatibility for 360 and xbox one games. They might increase the Xbox backwards compatibility for xbox one too after
    release.
  5. JoeExpert Win User

Compatible

6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Possibility for Max Payne 3 to be Backwards Compatible?

Currently Microsoft has reduced the backward compatibility of the XBOX 360 games to have the resources free for the XBOX Series X
Thema:

Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect...

1. Microsoft Xbox Series X: Why won't there be backward compatibility for Xbox 360 Kinect... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Series Why

2. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft: I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago. I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is working fine on my network. I factory reset xbox,...
  5. Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance?: Do Microsoft manufacture USB Hub ports for the Xbox Series S by any chance? 78a1bc49-9177-478b-926a-a93163056d03
  6. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  7. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  8. Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my microsoft store finish updating on my xbox series s: I can open my store but i always have its update running in the backround and i think its affecting my gaming speed/fps im on xbox series s b1e0e99e-f961-4d3b-aea1-17638ad054ca
  9. Why do I keep receiving used XBOX elite series 2 controllers from Microsoft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep receiving used XBOX elite series 2 controllers from Microsoft?: I'm on my second xbox elite series 2 controller. The first one I sent back because I unboxed it and noticed blemishes all over the underside of the grips (seemed like a refurbished product). I...
  10. Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to download Microsoft Flight Simualtor 2020 on my Xbox series x? The...: Please help me in this issue a81c5ba7-94f0-474e-8e50-e4eb8d724c0a