Microsoft Xbox 360 Windows Controller times out then isnt recognised

Discus and support Microsoft Xbox 360 Windows Controller times out then isnt recognised in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for PC. It connects and works fine. I mostly use it for playing Forza (on PC), and my problem is, when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sp33d d3m0n, Feb 22, 2019.

1. sp33d d3m0n
    sp33d d3m0n Guest

I have a wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for PC. It connects and works fine. I mostly use it for playing Forza (on PC), and my problem is, when I am racing in a long race, or just get distracted and leave my pc, when I come back, my Xbox 360 controller
    has gone into "sleep mode" or power off mode, so I have to press the Xbox button to re-connect it. Problem is, when I do, Forza (and some other games) won't recognize it as being connected until I restart the game.

Which if I am trying complete an endurance race or a long NBA2K game for example, is a real problem

Is there some setting I dont know about to fix this ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

sp33d d3m0n, Feb 22, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

As a workaround to prevent the controller going to sleep mode, you might try and use a rubber band to tie one of the analogue sticks into any direction, or put a book or something similar on the controller so the analogue stick is pushed into a direction,
    so the controller "thinks" it's being actively used and doesn't go to sleep.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other way or setting in windows, to prevent the game from "losing" the sleeping controller.
  3. BeachBoxWeb Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

These are official Xbox controllers and should work with Xbox Cloud. As the other respondent pointed out though, you cant connect a 360 wireless controller via USB, even though it is recognised as a USB device.

As many people will have old 360 controllers, and Microsoft are pushing Xbox Cloud, it would have been helpful if Microsoft put this in the controller FAQ.

Regards,

Kevin.
  4. jimmysimp2 Win User

Xbox one controller being recognised as 360 controller?

Hello there!

Regarding your issue, I recommend that you try following the steps on this link in order to fix your issue:

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support.
    I'm trying to connect to a laptop not a console. I don't have access to my console right now and want to use this controller for mobile gaming but it has limited functionality so I believe the firmware may need updating but my computer recognises it as an Xbox 360 peripherial and not an xbox one controller. Initially it wouldn't recognise it at all, telling me there were no drivers available and the it suddenly recognised it as a 360 controller but ' microsoft accessories' still won't recognise it.
  5. great78white Win User

Wheel/controller app connectivity

The wheel is recognised as an Xbox 360 Controller in Test Drive Unlimited 2, so it's an issue in Xbox specific apps like the Applications or Forza. It's not the TX version of the wheel, so doesn't need the firmware. Is there a way of resetting any Xbox
    for Windows settings?
  6. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
Thema:

1. Microsoft Xbox 360 Windows Controller times out then isnt recognised - Similar Threads - Microsoft 360 Windows

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft...: How do I get my Xbox 360 to connect to the network and Internet when I have a Microsoft account and Xbox account 300970eb-9557-4faa-97b3-847fbe8056a7
  4. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  5. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...
  6. Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?: I noticed just now, the announcement to shutter the Xbox 360 store and make it no longer possible to download games through that storefront. However I noticed that the DLC is still listed in the...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...: I want to purchase armored core for answer on the Xbox 360 I don’t have enough room on my Xbox 360 at the moment to download it my question is when the store shuts down if it is not downloaded...
  9. How to download and log into your microsoft account on xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to download and log into your microsoft account on xbox 360?: I am having issues logging in to my Microsoft account on the xbox 360. Everytime I type in my email address or password I get an error. I have tried everything. I can log into my account on xbox...
  10. Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use Microsoft account balance to change gamer tag on Xbox 360?: I was told buy “Yumi T” I think on Xbox partners chat that I could, then I double checked after I already bought and redeemed the gift card (im stupid for that), and someone else said I couldn’t…...