Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...

Discus and support Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I accidentally bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, I thought I was just downloading a game I had already purchased and didn't realize I was actually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PHAEDEAD, May 24, 2019.

1. PHAEDEAD
    PHAEDEAD Guest

Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the...

So I accidentally bought Star Wars Battlefront 2, I thought I was just downloading a game I had already purchased and didn't realize I was actually buying it. I then realized my mistake and tried to request a refund; after about 2 days I just got an email
    telling me the case was closed.

I then contacted support and they told me to try again and to reply to the case closed email, which I did and then got no feedback until a couple days after that I just got an email again telling me the case was closed.

I then contacted support again and they told me that they can see the refund was denied; however I hadn't had the game open for more than 20 minutes and I requested the refund on the same day I had bought it, so there's no way I had exceeded any of the restrictions
    for a refund.

I have now sent another email and am awaiting a reply.

I just don't understand how they won't send me any information except telling me the case is closed.

***UPDATE***

I contacted support again just now and was told once again to just send an email. After calling his supervisor, he also told me to send an email. I told them both that I had already sent numerous emails and that I was getting no reply and they just told
    me to carry on sending emails.

This is honestly ridiculous as it seems like they can only read from a script and can't actually help.

:)

PHAEDEAD, May 24, 2019
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the Case

Can you prove it was an accidental purchase?
  3. PHAEDEAD Win User

Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the Case

Hi,

Yeah I saw that and I definitely fall within those guidelines and I have tried the form on that link. However they still keep closing my case with no details.
  4. alexteam27 Win User

I do not think you can get your money back, because when you buy it, ask you to confirm it. Sorry
  5. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

I'm sorry this happened but you should probably make it so everytime you make a purchase you need to enter your password.
  6. SylvorOnix Win User

How was this paid for? Credit/Debit?

If you feel it was a true mistake you can always dispute the charge with your financial institution.

Also I would remove the payment method from the account and only put it back when actually purchasing something to prevent future in intended purchases.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Won't Refund My Accidental Purchase and Won't Tell Me Why - Just Keep Closing the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Won't Refund

2. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  3. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  4. Trying to Refund game that is full of bugs and freezes but microsoft won't contact me what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to Refund game that is full of bugs and freezes but microsoft won't contact me what...: I'm trying to refund the new dark pictures: The devil in me video game due to it being plagued with bugs and once I was towards the end the game keeps freezing not allowing me to continue further....
  5. Why Microsoft won't refund a bugged game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Microsoft won't refund a bugged game?: I purchased Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. The game is crashing a lot and won't save the gear items I obtain when playing, so, I can't progress in the game. It's a known issue on Ubisoft and they...
  6. microsoft charged my chequeing account and won't ship my order or refund me

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft charged my chequeing account and won't ship my order or refund me: also it is impossible to get anyone to speak to me, and the people that do speak to me, can't do anything to help me i am ready to either blow my brains out or light microsoft on fire i want my...
  7. Microsoft refused to repair my xbox one S, then won't refund my 179 dollars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft refused to repair my xbox one S, then won't refund my 179 dollars: Microsoft refused to repair my Xbox One S console, no problem, that's fine, I was told via a letter they would refund my money within 6 to 8 weeks, and I still am getting no resolution here on the...
  8. Microsoft won't refund me after $300 worth of fraud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft won't refund me after $300 worth of fraud: So in February I had $300 worth of gift cards stolen. I tried to get a refund and Microsoft denied me even though someone has been signing into my account from all over the country and at unknown...
  9. Microsoft won't refund me after $300 worth of fraud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft won't refund me after $300 worth of fraud: So in February I had $300 worth of gift cards stolen. I tried to get a refund and Microsoft denied me even though someone has been signing into my account from all over the country and at unknown...
  10. Microsoft won't refund me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft won't refund me: Bought GTA 5 on xbox one finally last week after waiting for the price to drop since it has been out for a long time already. I already purchased gta 5 on xbox 360 so i wanted to upgrade. I did,...