Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

Discus and support Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Will Microsoft ever acknowledge or fix this issue? This is really ridiculous. They just keep locking the threads and providing no information. Can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JerryCallo, Jul 6, 2022.

1. JerryCallo
    JerryCallo Guest

Will Microsoft ever acknowledge or fix this issue? This is really ridiculous. They just keep locking the threads and providing no information.

Can someone explain to me why Microsoft left this basic security feature out of the OS on one of their most popular pieces of hardware?

:)

JerryCallo, Jul 6, 2022
  2. JerryCallo Win User

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sorry for the late reply, I was trying to replicate the issue

The strange thing is, I was able to connect to my recently created hidden wifi network.

I'm wondering, the actual wifi network has an " " (space)?

If you don't mind, try changing your wifi network SSID to something a bit more simple (in my case I change it to Apt_2003)

Then, in case you're using a WPA3 password, change it to a WPA2 password and see how it goes
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today JerryCallo

Could you explain to me a bit more your issue with the hidden wifi networks?
    Do you mean, are you not able to join to a hidden wifi network?

I'll be waiting for your answers, greetings from another Microsoft user
  5. JerryCallo Win User

The SSID of my network does not have any spaces. When I attempted to connect to it, I just get the message "Can't connect to your wireless network." Literally every single device in my house is connected to this network.
  6. Leonard_Y Win User

When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing will pop up

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that your Xbox Series S will detect nothing after trying to connect to another network. Let's work on this together in finding the best possibl esolution to this issue.

There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series S is within range of your WiFi network and that the network is turned on and broadcasting.

2. Restart your Xbox Series S and try connecting to the network again.

3. Check that your WiFi network is not hidden. If it is, you will need to manually enter the network name and password.

4. Try resetting your network settings on your Xbox Series S. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

I hope this helps. Looking forward for your response!

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
Thema:

1. Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S - Similar Threads - Microsoft won't fix

2. Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft rewards app won't open on xbox: Hi there, Not sure if anyone else has had the issue but for the past few days the Microsoft rewards app has not been opening from the xbox dashboard and don't really want to lose my 120+ weekly...
  3. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  4. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  5. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  6. My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft flight sim won't open, freezes, crashes, and won't download.: Okay so first and foremost, I made the mistake of verifying the integrity of game files on Steam, because I've done some extensive research and people have said that it has caused their game to...
  7. My Microsoft app won't open no matter what.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft app won't open no matter what.: I have been having this problem for months and I recently got rid of Xbox game pass because of this issue. I did every single thing in the video that follows:...
  8. Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Minesweeper - why won't it load?: Minesweeper won't launch today. Tried a repair, a reset and a fresh install. 36c8a75c-14fa-428a-b9f4-5cc65e21ae7a
  9. Ok, Microsoft you know this is a problem, why won't you fix it? Xbox One turns itself on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ok, Microsoft you know this is a problem, why won't you fix it? Xbox One turns itself on.: As so many people have contacted you about, my Xbox One is turning itself on without any input form me or anyone else. Based on the numerous forums, complaints, blogs, and emails to you, I find...
  10. Why won't Microsoft fix the issues with Chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft fix the issues with Chat?: I reboot my machine, plug my headphones in, playing online CoD AW, I should be able to hear and talk with others also using a microphone. It works. Then, I watch television, turn my headset off...