Microsoft Wireless Headset Volume Wheel not working

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Headset Volume Wheel not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Wireless Headset I purchased from ANTOnline in March 2021. I have used them about 2 or 3 times since then. Last night the volume... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carl_S_, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Carl_S_
    Carl_S_ Guest

I have a Microsoft Wireless Headset I purchased from ANTOnline in March 2021. I have used them about 2 or 3 times since then. Last night the volume wheel quit working (in the no volume position of course). I was able to turn the volume to max by pressing down hard on the wheel with my palm and rotating it.

Clearly the wheel is not making good contact with the potentiometer or something. I don't see a way to remove the outer wheel without breaking it. Is there a way to do this?

I ordered a new headset directly from Microsoft last night which will be here soon but wanted to see if I could get these fixed or fix them myself before throwing them in the trash.

I was very gentle with them so it pretty shocking they broke so easily.

:)

Carl_S_, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Carl

I advise you to use a third repair center to see if they're able to fix your headset if you don't have too much experience repairing headsets

Cheers!
  3. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

Headset not working

Hello ese2320,

Is there a volume wheel on one of the ear pieces of the headset? Because on the wireless version headset there is, and the chat volume is separated from it. Check that, because it could be all the way down.
  4. H1GH D3FF Win User

CSR Fanatec wheel

That is a common problem with all Fanatec wheels (wireless or non wireless headphones) I find the microsoft wireless headset work, and work consistently. I dont know of any headphones that will consistently for the Fanatec wheels.

Fanatec does have a website: www.f-wheel.com and www.porsche.de
  5. Ark.ends Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Issues

The headset worked for me for a couple of minutes. Then the volume wheel stopped working.

It jumped volume up and down for a couple of times but after that I can't make it to produce any sounds anymore.

Really disappointed..
  6. Mason Harper Win User

How do I pair my HyperX Cloud Stinger core wireless headset to my xbox series x?

My headset doesn't have that sync button it just has a power button and the volume scroll wheel.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Headset Volume Wheel not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Headset

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  4. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  5. Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft wireless headset: Hey. I just got the official Wireless microsoft headset. I was just curious if there was a way I could still use the speaker option in the Xbox dashboard to just quickly adjust chat settings. The...
  6. Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Wireless headset-Audio sounds very low: I just recently purchase the Microsoft modern wireless headset. Im using it on a brand new Dell Laptop via USB and operating it on the Ringcentral dialer system app for work. The audio while using...
  7. Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken casing on Microsoft cable on xbox wireless headset: The casing around the microphone has cracked on my Xbox wireless headset after only 4 months of having them. How do I claim a replacement set. I seem to be going around in circles. It tells me to...
  8. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset on PC , chat /game balance does not work: Hello guys. I just bought a Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset as you are aware already , on ear left cup is a control for chat/game balance mix ... which for xbox console is working perfectly but...
  9. Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset: I’m on my second official Microsoft headset that coincidentally has broken in the exact same spot. This unit broke, luckily within warranty…. Microsoft wasn’t having that they told me I needed to...
  10. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music)

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset suddenly gets muffled/lower quality audio from phone (music): I've had Microsoft's Xbox Wireless Headset for a couple of years with no issues until today. Audio quality from games and party/discord is still good, but when I put on music from my phone (iPhone...