Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S

Discus and support Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Wireless Display App installed on my XBox series S and my PC is connected via wireless on the same SSID but when I press 'Windows P' and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gahmmelser, May 24, 2022.

1. Gahmmelser
    Gahmmelser Guest

I have the Wireless Display App installed on my XBox series S and my PC is connected via wireless on the same SSID but when I press 'Windows P' and 'Connect to a wireless display', I can only see my television and not my XBox. I've tried rebooting both the console and PC but the problem persists. Why is my XBox not coming up as a wireless display connection option?

:)

Gahmmelser, May 24, 2022
  2. Jhonkito Win User

How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?

Hi, Edward my name is Jhon and will be a pleasure help you.

To activate mouse input when using the Wireless Display app on your Xbox Series S, follow these steps:

Open the Wireless Display App:

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide menu.

Select My games & apps, followed by See all.

Highlight the Apps tab, and select the option for Wireless Display.

Ensure the App Is Running:

Make sure the Wireless Display app is open and running on your Xbox Series S.
    However, it’s important to note that the Wireless Display app is primarily designed for controller input.

As of now, it does not fully support mouse and keyboard input. When you connect through the wireless display, the connected keyboard and mouse may shut off, and you can only use the Xbox controller.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a direct way to use a mouse and keyboard with the Wireless Display app on Xbox.

If you want to play PC games on your living room TV using the Xbox Series S, consider alternative methods such as using other screen mirroring apps or connecting your PC directly to the TV.

While the Wireless Display app is convenient for controller-based gaming, it may not meet your specific requirements for mouse and keyboard input.

Remember that the range of wireless devices like keyboards and mice can be limited, so ensure that the distance between your PC and the Xbox Series S is within the acceptable range.

If you’re looking for a seamless experience with mouse and keyboard, exploring other display options might be a better solution.

For your reference, I've included some links where you can find more details about the solutions I suggested

Note: Some of the information, which were gained from this answer, were received in a thread on the Microsoft forum by Ricardo Lechuga Independent Advisor , and it seemed a good idea, to share this information with you. Source of information (credits) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/34fddf83-5fd1-4ae6-9d31-780cbffe7db2

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-use-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-s-as-wireless-display/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Will any wireless controller work on a series s?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Xbox wireless controllers, including the latest Xbox Wireless Controllers included with the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, are compatible with the Xbox Series S. In addition, some older Xbox One wireless controllers work with the Xbox Series S. As for third-party wireless controllers, the compatibility depends on the specific controller and whether it is designed to work with the Xbox wireless protocol. The Ant eSports controller you mentioned appears to be a third-party controller designed for PC gaming, and it may not be compatible with the Xbox Series S.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

My xbox series s is saykng im wired to when im not and am trykng to connect bact to the wireless wifi

Hello DEATHTHEKID325,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having challenges in connecting your Xbox Series S console through wireless connection. Let us work as a team to get this achieved.

If we may ask, is this the first time you are trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your wireless network? Does your wireless network being detected by the Xbox Series S console?

To help you troubleshoot your Xbox network connection, follow the steps provided in the article below and choose the steps that fits to the problem you are experiencing. Here is the link: Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support

Let us know the outcome after performing the steps so that we can proceed to the next steps to what to do. We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

5. Baba_Samba Win User

Unable to project PC to Xbox series x using wireless display

Hello George C.

I have tested the above and had no luck. The closet I get is I connect both PC and Xbox Series X to the same WIFI (with both network cables unplugged) and I can see the XBOX as a wireless display to cast my PC. however, it attempts to connect, and the screen blinks and immediately says disconnected.

I have now been able to connect to the XBOX with my laptop, but still not able to connect through my PC.

My PC is showing as a wireless display capable device in the Drivers command "Wireless Display Supported: Yes (Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)"

I have further uninstalled Norton antivirus from my PC and reverted to windows antivirus.

surely I cannot be the only one with this issue?

I see that this post has the same issue, but the thread is now locked

Wireless Display won't connect to Xbox Series X - Microsoft Community
  6. Jeffrey the Red Win User

Why won't my Series X let me setup Dolby Atmos?

There's no error code. There's just no option to select Dolby Atmos in the Xbox Series X menu except for headphones. I can tell you now that selecting HDMI for display is not the solution either. I already tried that because I saw a suggestion elsewhere regarding a similar issue. When I do that instead of selecting auto-detect the Xbox throws a fit and drops into 480p display mode and says my TV doesn't support 4k (which it does). I think once while having it set to HDMI I managed to get it to let me set the resolution to 1440p or 1080p but no matter what it still said my tv doesn't support 4K and all those other features (which it does). The Xbox only seems to recognize my TVs other features and capabilities when I have display set to auto-detect but with it set to auto-detect it doesn't detect atmos support (which it has) and so doesn't present it as an option that can be selected.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Wireless Display does not detect my XBox series S - Similar Threads - Microsoft Wireless Display

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  5. How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944

in XBoX on Windows
    How many people having trouble with Microsoft Wireless headset model 1944: I purchased Microsoft wireless headset model 1944 and they constantly cut out, lose connection and people can't hear every word I'm saying! I've only had these just over 1 month and I started...
  6. Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking on second replacement: Microsoft wireless head set for Xbox plastic is breaking around microphone on second replacement. As above, it’s weak as a kitten, what do we do? It’s less that 5 months old, first one lasted 2...
  7. Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft wireless headset: Hey. I just got the official Wireless microsoft headset. I was just curious if there was a way I could still use the speaker option in the Xbox dashboard to just quickly adjust chat settings. The...
  8. My Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad won't connect back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad won't connect back.: Hello. I bought Microsoft Xbox Wireless gamepad few days ago. I have successfully connected it to my computer, however when I turned off the device won't connect back at when I turned on again ....
  9. Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S to Projector with Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.: I have a Microsoft wireless display adapter. I am having an issue with getting my Xbox to cast to a projector. I have plugged the WDA into the HDMI and USB on the projector, and downloaded the...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor V2

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor V2: I have a MWDA that worked well but hasn't been used for a while. I used it with a projector today and it won't connect. It has the Microsoft logo and moving dots that look like the device is...