Microsoft Warranty service is useless?

Discus and support Microsoft Warranty service is useless? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an issue with my Microsoft Elite 2 controller, the B button was kind of sticky and sometimes was completely stuck. I sent it to the warranty... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Etheon, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Etheon
    Etheon Guest

I had an issue with my Microsoft Elite 2 controller, the B button was kind of sticky and sometimes was completely stuck.

I sent it to the warranty services that did absolutely nothing and send it back to me without any information. The warranty end in less than a week so good job...

I tried to fix it myself by taking off the front and cleaning the button with rubbing alcohol. This works much better, thanks to users on other forums who have suggested this solution.

I would now like to understand how the warranty department can send me back a product that clearly has a problem without taking a second to look.

And furthermore, why does the user have NO information about the manipulations carried out during the warranty service? I received my controller in a box, disassembled, and without any explanation.

I expected a little more from Microsoft, especially for a controller bought for more than 150 dollars... The next time I'll take a 20 euros product on amazon, I'll know what to expect.

:)

Etheon, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Etheon, I'm sorry about the situation that happened with your controller, I sent my controllers for warranty and never had any problems.
  3. Etheon Win User

Maybe it depends on the centre handling the request? In any case, I have had many warranty claims on several brands, but I am very disappointed here...

Thank you for your answer.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Useless services

you wouldnt receive or be told if anyone received punishment

Also it doesn't matter who starts the fight you still have to abide by the rules

You can file a case review under enforcement.xbox.com
  5. mike24forever Win User

My games wouldn't boot up so I restored factory defaults reinstalled the games and my scores and settings were restored via the cloud.

This is not a fix. I do agree with Microsoft service being USELESS.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Controllers

It has a 90 say warranty, I believe.

17. LIMITED POST-SERVICE WARRANTY

In servicing your Microsoft Device, Microsoft warrants (1) that Service will be performed in a workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts or products used in the Service will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for either the remainder of the
    term of your Microsoft-issued warranty, guarantee, or extended service plan or 90 days from the date of Service, whichever is greater. This post-Service warranty is an express warranty. If non-conforming Service is provided or a defect arises in a replacement
    part or product during the 90-day warranty period, at its option, Microsoft will: (1) repair the part or product, using new, used or refurbished replacement parts; (2) replace the part or product with a new, used or refurbished equivalent part or product;
    or (3) refund your payment for the Service.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Warranty service is useless? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Warranty service

2. Why would Microsoft change my warranty date?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why would Microsoft change my warranty date?: I purchased an XBOX series X on Dec 26 2022. I had a recent issue with it and submitted a warranty repair and it was dispatched to Germany and back again. I've logged on to the portal and now...
  3. What does it mean "-9 month" below Microsoft Limited Warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean "-9 month" below Microsoft Limited Warranty?: When I see my device on website, a Xbox controller, there is a "-9 month" below "Microsoft Limited Warranty". The condition is " In warranty Ends on 2024/1/6". So what is the "-9 month"? Does it...
  4. How do I contact a human at Microsoft about a warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I contact a human at Microsoft about a warranty?: I had to send 2 of my Xbox controllers back to Microsoft under their warranty due to being faulty. I have only received one back and cannot find anything about the second one. Both devices now...
  5. Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1...: I got the controller last Christmas and the warranty expired in January now the bumpers don't work and it's cost over 100 dollars to fix it 752f6a80-a7fa-47e7-9a90-094b9464a554
  6. Microsoft Warranty is a real joke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Warranty is a real joke: I have a Microsoft Wireless Mouse purchased less than a year ago on Amazon that got defective and I have been unable to claim warranty. Microsoft is the most inefficient company I know. I just...
  7. I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.: I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and I called support 5 times and so far no one can't find my controller, at this point I want a refund, how I can get it?...
  8. Can I buy a Xbox from DELL abd then buy extended warranty from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I buy a Xbox from DELL abd then buy extended warranty from microsoft?: Can I buy an Xbox from DELL and then buy extended warranty from microsoft. a914e675-c5ea-400e-a29b-c19de08e0ad3
  9. Why does Microsoft use shady tactics and not honor warranties?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft use shady tactics and not honor warranties?: I purchased an xbox Elite controller with the Microsoft Complete warranty from the Microsoft web store and now it says my warranty is void. while the original manufacturers warranty (1yr) is void...
  10. How to contact microsoft uk to fix xbox under warranty? ( tried literally every option on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to contact microsoft uk to fix xbox under warranty? ( tried literally every option on...: xbox series x lits but no beep, no hdmi signal, switches off after 30 sec. I have tried every option on my account. 4987d473-cf6a-4cc7-8ab7-3ea0ed21caac