Microsoft verification code "we cannot send a text message to this number"

Discus and support Microsoft verification code "we cannot send a text message to this number" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’ve read through a lot of posts surrounding the topic, but none fully reflect the answer I need. I have a computer lab with Microsoft accounts on each... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Colin_McL_GG, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Colin_McL_GG
    Colin_McL_GG Guest

I’ve read through a lot of posts surrounding the topic, but none fully reflect the answer I need. I have a computer lab with Microsoft accounts on each computer. I have one work cell phone that is fully operational.

I get a prompt that the accounts are blocked. (Maybe that should be it’s own forum post.) I go through the process to unblock it. It askes to “Enter your number, and we’ll send you a security code.” I enter the cell phone number and it comes back with "We cannot send a text message to this number." It works sometimes but I get this message a lot. I can instead enter my personal cell phone number and it goes through and the account is unlocked. I don’t think this is a recovery prompt because it seems any number works, but I want my work cell to work. Is there a device limit? Daily limit?

:)

Colin_McL_GG, Jan 18, 2023
  2. tp500 Win User

it says

"We cannot send a text message to this number."
  3. Jhonkito Win User

We cannot send a text message to this number.

Hi Tinus , my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

The problem that you present is something strange, maybe, it is my assumption that the account was blocked for trying to send that code to multiple phone numbers, currently what I can recommend you to recover the account of your son, is to fill out the recovery form through the following link:

https://account.live.com/acsr

Be careful with the information you are requested and I strongly hope that you can recover your account.

Best regards. Jhon
  4. ste Chall Win User

My Xbox account been blocked

It still accepts my password but the verification is not allowing me to receive a code to log back on my Xbox account telling me we can not send a text to this number I’ve not changed the number don’t have a two step on my account
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

Having an issue with signing in…

Hello Gingerbread,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

Here are some suggestions to fix the problem of your brother not receiving the login verification code on his mobile:

Check your mobile settings. Make sure your phone is set up to receive text messages from Microsoft.

To do this, open your mobile settings and look for the "Messages" section.

Next, look for the “Allow text messages from Microsoft” option and make sure it is turned on.

Check your Microsoft account settings.

Make sure your Microsoft account is set up to receive verification text messages.

To do this, go to your Microsoft account security page and check the "Two-Step Verification" section.

Next, make sure “Send a text message” is turned on.

Try a different phone number. If you have access to another phone number, try using that number to receive the verification code.

Try signing in to your Microsoft account in a web browser.

If you can sign in to your Microsoft account in a web browser, you can generate an 8-digit verification code that you can use to sign in to your Xbox console.

To do this, go to your Microsoft account sign-in page and click the "I can't access my account" link.

Next, select the "I'm not receiving the text message" option.

Regarding your brother's suggestion to create a new profile, it is true that she will lose the games she purchased on that account if she creates a new profile. However, there are some games that can be transferred from one account to another.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/signin-security/did-not-receive-security-code

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Microsoft account temporary blocked

Hi there Adrian,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with a Microsoft Account blocked. Here in Xbox Forums, we do not have the tools or resources to assist with blocked accounts.

I recommend reviewing the following article: Microsoft account security info & verification codes.

There are a number of possible explanations for why verification codes don't always arrive. Read through the list of the most common causes, and see if any of them apply to you.

Does your phone block calls or texts from unknown numbers?

If so, change your phone settings then choose I don't have a code. We'll send another verification code.

Did your email send your verification code to your junk folder?

Check your junk email folder for a message from a Microsoft account, and use the code sent to you. Valid verification codes come from an @accountprotection.microsoft.com email address.

Mark @accountprotection.microsoft.com as a trusted sender to receive your verification code in your inbox.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Microsoft verification code "we cannot send a text message to this number" - Similar Threads - Microsoft verification code

2. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  3. Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just...: Microsoft won't accept my phone number to send me a verification code using COX VIOP I just change over To. I do not know how to fix this Please help. e270f120-5b51-4d11-a4c2-bcc9d4fa2fc9
  4. I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant sign into my microsoft account because its not secure and the verification email is...: I tried opening my Minecraft launcher and log into my Microsoft account, i have the email password and everything but it says my account isn't secure and needs verification, so i tried that. It...
  5. Hacker stole my Microsoft account and turned on two phase verification.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacker stole my Microsoft account and turned on two phase verification.: Hello, 1 and half year ago was my Microsoft account hacked via my Email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. The hacker setuped 2 phase verification and now I can´t...
  6. Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft not sending verification code via SMS to my number: I cannot access my Xbox live account or the associated Microsoft account. At the step in the two factor verification where a code is sent to my phone I never receive a text. I did not set up an...
  7. Microsoft sends verification codes to old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft sends verification codes to old email: couple months back i have updated the gmail by adding secondary alias, making it maijn and removing the old gmail, and now i cannot see my old gmail anywhere in the Microsoft profile and settings...
  8. Microsoft rewards phone number verification not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft rewards phone number verification not working.: I was about to redeem my 200 robux gift card on microsoft rewards and it said for me to add a phone number, i did what it said and it still asks for me to do it. How do i make it work?...
  9. New phone and carrier locked my self out of my Microsoft account, two step verification on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    New phone and carrier locked my self out of my Microsoft account, two step verification on...: I have 2 step verification on, lost recovery code, have been locked out of account, no longer have same phone number, cannot reset password. I have not had any help from Microsoft at all. Please I...
  10. Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email from microsoft for account verification not being received by my mail server: Whenever I try to verify my email as required by Microsoft for long time existing email accounts, I do not receive the email. I have two accounts affected by this - *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde...