Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch

Discus and support Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This issue has popped up a few times with services using Microsoft as authentication (Minecraft, Xbox, even Microsoft.com). I have a personal Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by randomname00, Apr 7, 2021.

1. randomname00
    randomname00 Guest

This issue has popped up a few times with services using Microsoft as authentication (Minecraft, Xbox, even Microsoft.com). I have a personal Microsoft account, which I use to subscribe to Office 365, purchased Minecraft on PC and Android, among other things.

Today, again, when I tried to login to Minecraft.net or authenticate for Minecraft from the app, the program redirected me to a login screen requesting I setup a display name before proceeding. It displayed a DIFFERENT email address (one used for work). This popup does not allow switch the account to the correct one. Apparently, something with cookies combined with rudimentary programming on Microsoft authentication APIs is causing this problem.

When I went to the Microsoft website after seeing the wrong account listed, I saw Microsoft.com was also using the wrong account. I needed to sign-out, then sign in with the correct account before I could properly authenticate with Xbox/Minecraft. Needless to say, this is utterly ridiculous waste of time to mess around with because the Microsoft authentication process ASSUMES an account and gets locked into you need a display name/gamer tag (depending on which service you are trying to access), before proceeding. There is no option to say SWITCH ACCOUNT.

I am on a Windows 10 PC, my OneDrive, Office, and Windows are using the correct account, but when it comes to Xbox, Minecraft, and even Microsoft.com, it was using the other account. Apparently, Microsoft is not savvy enough to handle multiple accounts and/or do not wish to.

:)

randomname00, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Eambo Win User

Live

3. Ty Roob Win User

I've connected the wrong Microsoft Account to my Minecrafdt PS4 account, can this be undone/fixed?

What he’s saying is that he used the wrong Microsoft account on his PlayStation. And now since he already logged in with the wrong account, he’s not able to switch it to the right account. I’m having this issue as well. I accidentally used the wrong account
    and when I try to use the right one, it tells me to use the email address I used previously.
  4. Sweatygamer 411 Win User

No Signal Connecting XBox One S Digital with Samsung TV

if none of this is helping you bring it to Microsoft support they can try to fix it for you if you're still unable to get it to work they usually do diagnostics on the Xbox to see what's wrong with it if it's just a HDMI or just switch to HDMI out for
    another one. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
  5. Th3 FPS MaNiAc Win User

Cannot connect/register to Xbox live

6. ngocphi Win User

wrong currency unable to use microsoft account credit

You have to wait till the migration completes it can take up to 30days
Thema:

1. Microsoft user account -- using the wrong one and unable to switch - Similar Threads - Microsoft user account

2. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  3. Transferring a Minecraft user between Microsoft accounts.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring a Minecraft user between Microsoft accounts.: Hi, around 2011 I purchased Minecraft Java for my son using my own email (this Microsoft account). So naturally when we migrated the Mojang account it got migrated to my personal Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft account hacked by a rambler.ru user and cant contact support cause i do not know...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account hacked by a rambler.ru user and cant contact support cause i do not know...: My account got hacked and they changed the account email to a different email. I cant even contact microsoft as i need to know to email to recover the account. Is anyone experiencing the same...
  5. My microsoft account has been hacked by a rambler.ru user

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked by a rambler.ru user: My microsoft account has been hacked by a person with a rambler.ru email, who has managed to get my password, enter my account, change the credentials and the email for recovery and now i can't do...
  6. I linked my Microsoft account with the wrong user in ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I linked my Microsoft account with the wrong user in ps4: So i tried deleting the user to see if it would unlink them but it still says that my microsoft account is linked to another device, please help me ive already tried so many times I’m beggining to...
  7. Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account logged off Minecraft on switch and now there's a different Xbox live user...: My brother plays Minecraft on his switch and was logged in and was connected to all of his friends. His Microsoft account was recently logged out and he couldn't log back in unless he reset the...
  8. a non microsoft account was hacked by a microsoft user

in XBoX Accessibility
    a non microsoft account was hacked by a microsoft user: my grandson has a ps4 account but the said ps4 account has been hacked by a microsoft user on xbox the said hacker has now merged my grandsons ps4 account onto his xbox and my grandson no longer...
  9. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you can't add it here

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you can't add it here: I've been having problems with apps not opening on my Xbox One. I was advised to remove my account and then download it again. I removed it no problem but when i try to re add it after putting in...
  10. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here

in XBoX on Consoles
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here: Hello, I have a problem with adding my Microsoft account to my Xbox X. I get the following error message: "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here". I...